Thoughts about Giants HC Brain Dabol as a future OC!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Dabol comes from the Bill Bellicheck coaching tree. He was on his staff prior to stops at Alabama and Buffalo is the OC. He was credited for developing Josh Allen and worked with both Tua/Hurts on the college level and now is coaching Daniel Jones.

Many believe that Dabol won't survive another losing season with the Giants. This is the first year he has taken over the play calling duties and the offense has looked better. However, the Giants biggest problem is their lack of overall talent. OL has been a mess for years and finally added a legitimate wide receiver.

I think Dabol is going to have to come back as an OC before another organization with hire him as am Head Coach again. He is the type of OC I could definitely see either Bellicheck or Saban teaming up with. Thoughts?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Dabol comes from the Bill Bellicheck coaching tree. He was on his staff prior to stops at Alabama and Buffalo is the OC. He was credited for developing Josh Allen and worked with both Tua/Hurts on the college level and now is coaching Daniel Jones.

Many believe that Dabol won't survive another losing season with the Giants. This is the first year he has taken over the play calling duties and the offense has looked better. However, the Giants biggest problem is their lack of overall talent. OL has been a mess for years and finally added a legitimate wide receiver.

I think Dabol is going to have to come back as an OC before another organization with hire him as am Head Coach again. He is the type of OC I could definitely see either Bellicheck or Saban teaming up with. Thoughts?
if he failed once, we gotta hve him. retreads rock.

Sign him to a massive deal, Companies do this all the time, it works for them.

Espcically with a team not looking to win, thats our target.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Daboll would probably be one of the strongest OC hires the team could make. His offenses in Buffalo had Diggs, and then basically bit players.

fivetwos

Reaction score

I don’t think he is a bad coach. There’s a lot of good ones that are sunk without a QB, and he didn’t draft Jones but he is going to be shown the door with him. I think Schoen stays. Mara won’t completely clean house but probably can’t get away with bringing Daboll back.

If BB does come here and hires him as OC, I’d have no problem with it.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

It's time to get away from hiring retread coaches as HCs, OCs and DCs! It's time to start fresh since the current coaches that are employed as HCs, OCs and DCs just aren't getting it done with their stale playbooks. Our coaches have been around for so long that all the OCs and DCs throughout the league know what our intentions are and are shutting them down at an alarming clip. Nothing the Cowboys are doing on the field is working and since JJ can't fire all the players he might as well fire all the coaches and hire some young coaches with fresh ideas. Time to teach old dogs fresh ideas.............

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Vrabel isnt really a DC. Not an X's and O's guy

Well, is but he isn't ........only has one year of experience as DC, so I see your point. Doesn't matter coz I'm sure Belichick can peel off at least a dozen guys he can name as his DC but a bigger concern will be his OC.​

Houston Texans
[edit]
On January 10, 2014, Vrabel was hired by the Houston Texans as a linebackers coach.[16] During his three seasons as linebackers coach, the Texans ranked third in the NFL in yards allowed per game.[17] In January 2016 news outlets reported that the San Francisco 49ers offered Vrabel their defensive coordinator job; Vrabel declined the offer and remained in Houston.[18] In January 2017, the Texans named Vrabel as their defensive coordinator, moving previous coordinator Romeo Crennel to assistant head coach.[19] He coached players such as J. J. Watt, Jadeveon Clowney, Whitney Mercilus and Benardrick McKinney.[17]

Tennessee Titans​

[edit]
Vrabel in 2019
On January 20, 2018, Vrabel was hired as the head coach of the Tennessee Titans on a five-year deal

Parcell's coaching tree

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ugghhrrrp...just threw up in my mouth a bit. Next to Jerry, he's one of the most unlikable people I can think of. Might be a perfect fit.
I like him for some reason just my opinion, he's not a fan favorite but he's aiiiiiight lol

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I would like to have him and Siriani as coordinators
Gross.

Daboll. Yes. His 2017 offense at Alabama was incredibly innovative and impressive. I would take him all day, especially if that means Belichick does not bring Josh McDaniels with him.

Sirriani's background is in Offense and he has no ties to Belichick.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Doesn’t really matter who is hired next.

Wont matter until Jerry gives up control, and even then that regime will have to do it without using a player acquisition tactic that the other 31 teams use in some capacity.

A lot of things have to align before there’s any real chance and we aren’t likely close to that time.

The irony is while Jerry is so insistent on proving he is a “football guy,” he is doing the exact opposite. He has his gold jacket, three trophies (as an owner, nothing else), and 15 billion dollars. Go away already and enjoy the rest of your life on your yacht and stop holding the people who lined those pockets as hostage.