Thoughts about Giants HC Brain Dabol as a future OC!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Belichick .....head coach
Dabol...........offensive coor
Vrabel..........defensive coor

Jerry gives them the key and gets the hell out of their way
That staff is very possible, especially if teams continue to pass on Vrabel.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I only asked because some names get thrown out but there is nothing confirming they’re good. If his one year as DC wasn’t good or if he didn’t run the D as head coach, I’d shy away.

Rex Ryan, Mike Zimmer, Vic Fangio overseen and successfully called plays on defense even as head coaches. Ron Rivera for instance , not so much.
I doubt we go with a defensive head coach unless it is BB.

Jerry believes offense = entertainment.

Losing 13-10 is boring

Jerry wants to lose 38-35.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
It's time to get away from hiring retread coaches as HCs, OCs and DCs! It's time to start fresh since the current coaches that are employed as HCs, OCs and DCs just aren't getting it done with their stale playbooks. Our coaches have been around for so long that all the OCs and DCs throughout the league know what our intentions are and are shutting them down at an alarming clip. Nothing the Cowboys are doing on the field is working and since JJ can't fire all the players he might as well fire all the coaches and hire some young coaches with fresh ideas. Time to teach old dogs fresh ideas.............
Hiring Bellicheck forces the Jones Family to change the way they run the team, a young staff won't change anything.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
That staff is very possible, especially if teams continue to pass on Vrabel.
Something to consider with Belichick is he's likely coaching 2-3 max. I would think he would want experienced coordinators who can hit the ground running and be his successor (a good selling point for Jerry )

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Something to consider with Belichick is he's likely coaching 2-3 max. I would think he would want experienced coordinators who can hit the ground running and be his successor (a good selling point for Jerry )
Could always bring back his son to groom as well.

Chasing6

Reaction score
BB will only come with personnel he knows and is comfortable with. Jerry will not be able to pick his Coordinators. That is a positive thing in my opinion.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I know nothing about his offensive or defensive knowledge...

All I know is that he is very animated on the sidelines.

I dont think the Cowboys have had a HC that gets visibly fired up since Jimmy.

Yelling gets old very quick, especially this day and age...so its a delicate balance.

Seems like most of this board prefers 'yellers'. If its the coaches 'go-to' trick...I am out. But if the coach has good ability to read the room and use it when appropriate I am willing hear the coach out in an interview.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dabol comes from the Bill Bellicheck coaching tree. He was on his staff prior to stops at Alabama and Buffalo is the OC. He was credited for developing Josh Allen and worked with both Tua/Hurts on the college level and now is coaching Daniel Jones.

Many believe that Dabol won't survive another losing season with the Giants. This is the first year he has taken over the play calling duties and the offense has looked better. However, the Giants biggest problem is their lack of overall talent. OL has been a mess for years and finally added a legitimate wide receiver.

I think Dabol is going to have to come back as an OC before another organization with hire him as am Head Coach again. He is the type of OC I could definitely see either Bellicheck or Saban teaming up with. Thoughts?
This team needs a HC....coordinators will have to wait....unless we keep MM

75boyz

Reaction score
Was a fan of his until this year. Totally confused as to why he's not going back to his 2022 model of offense in order to win games in which there was a big dependence on Barkley.
He should split carries with Singletary and Tracy and quit throwing so much while knowing how limited he is with DJ as a passer.
To me, it really makes no sense.
Is he doing this pass happy offense just to show Mara how he really needs a QB?

It's like an intentional tank.
Daniel Jones sucks for sure but if they ran the ball they could win a few games.
And Daboll refuses to run the ball when it's his most effective offensive play.
So with all that said, it's a hard pass on Daboll for me. The very LAST thing we need is another totally pass happy offense with no run game.

And yeah, I watch and keep up with the other teams in the NFCE.

RonWashington

Reaction score
My goodness now I’ve heard everything . The rotten Giants who can’t find the end zone with a search warrant with DaBoll as PLAY CALLER de facto OC like Big Mac , hire him in Dallas … no thank you . Daniel Jones got benched the teams a mess .

Give me Ben Johnson of the Lions who just ran circles around undefeated Minn . Give Johnson the authority to hire his entire staff and get out of his way .