Thoughts about Giants HC Brain Dabol as a future OC!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I would agree, but Jerry wouldn't do that, plus, I'm looking at someone like Ben Johnson who looks to be a good up and coming coach.
Ben Johnson is with a team with a very good GM. He is smart enough to only consider NFL franchises with a very good GM on the next step in his NFL coaching career. Worthy of note, UNC may be considering moving off Mack Brown. They’d pay him more than Jerry Jones would consider paying any head coach.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
McClay is the man
Yep, Mazi and Schoonmaker are killing it.

Viliami Fehoko was not a reach at all in the 4th round. Pay no attention that all 32 teams said no thanks and he is completely out of the league in his second year.

We also traded a 5th for Eric Scott who is now on the Chiefs practice squad.

Drafting has improved. Pretending we are elite at it is a bit much.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I wouldn't take any coach at any position from the Giants.
They seem to be the one and only "lock" in predicting a Cowboys win.
Ironically, I predict, it will be the Giants who will hire Bill Belicheck. He was there in the Parcells era. They'll give him more control than Jerry ever would.
So, that will leave Jerry desperate to find a "name" HC.
Enter Chucky. Yes, Jon Gruden will be relied upon to bring back the glory years of the 90s.
"Spider 2 Y Banana" will return as the most popular play called in the newly named Michelin Field at Cowboys Stadium brought to you by Pepsi Cola. Just do it.

quickccc

Reaction score
It seems you are referencing the head coach vs the offensive coordinator. Dabol was a very good OC for the Bills. Belichick's assistant coaches have poor records as head coaches AWAY from his nest or when they branch out on their own. That would not be the case if Belichick brings in Dabol as his OC.

As for HC coming in with his own concept and scheme........you lost me. An OC hired by Belichick ( or any newly hired HC ) WILL use his offensive concept or he's not bringing him in. BTW.......Jerry's not hiring any coach ( head or OC ) that compromises Dak's progress, not with $60M on the line.

Just as we reference OC or offense with HC Mike McCarthy, ..The offense of a HC, is the product of the offense in displayed. There's not a Kellen Moore ... or even
a Jason Garrett who was hideous as NYG OC.

the Giants offense is about HC Dabol... and there is nuthin' in display with NYG that comes close to impressive difference maker that we are really needing.

Dabol is (suppose to be) the " guiding' tutor for franchise QB Danny Dimes,.. and yet Dimes is/hs been one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL after all of this time
under Dabol

What is supposed to be so special about Dabol offensive system ?

Dabol is not about Defense - that was clearly Belichek. we know that
And the past few OCs under Belly that he hired and appointed to run the offense were failures.
Ya''ll make reference to Dabol with the Bills, but supposedly fired ex-OC Ken Dorsey had his short success in Bills land before his refusal to involve the run
game eventually got him canned.

jerry is gonna hire or insist on any coach (HC or OC) that he sees fit that will bring out the best in Dak Prescott,.. That's the scary part of it.
as we've been thru Jerry's last two young Boy Wonder geniuses in Jason Garrett and Kellen Moore ... and now in Mike McCarthy