Thoughts about Giants HC Brain Dabol as a future OC!

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Dabol comes from the Bill Bellicheck coaching tree. He was on his staff prior to stops at Alabama and Buffalo is the OC. He was credited for developing Josh Allen and worked with both Tua/Hurts on the college level and now is coaching Daniel Jones.

Many believe that Dabol won't survive another losing season with the Giants. This is the first year he has taken over the play calling duties and the offense has looked better. However, the Giants biggest problem is their lack of overall talent. OL has been a mess for years and finally added a legitimate wide receiver.

I think Dabol is going to have to come back as an OC before another organization with hire him as am Head Coach again. He is the type of OC I could definitely see either Bellicheck or Saban teaming up with. Thoughts?
He’s been a mediocre OC most of the time so no.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Hiring Bellicheck forces the Jones Family to change the way they run the team, a young staff won't change anything.
Billy isn't coming to Big D because Jerry isn't going to give up all that power over who stays and who goes. Jerry can't be trusted to be an honorable man..............

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dabol comes from the Bill Bellicheck coaching tree. He was on his staff prior to stops at Alabama and Buffalo is the OC. He was credited for developing Josh Allen and worked with both Tua/Hurts on the college level and now is coaching Daniel Jones.

Many believe that Dabol won't survive another losing season with the Giants. This is the first year he has taken over the play calling duties and the offense has looked better. However, the Giants biggest problem is their lack of overall talent. OL has been a mess for years and finally added a legitimate wide receiver.

I think Dabol is going to have to come back as an OC before another organization with hire him as am Head Coach again. He is the type of OC I could definitely see either Bellicheck or Saban teaming up with. Thoughts?
lol...what a pointless thread. We all know who the Head Coach is. Or, do you mean JJ's next puppet?

quickccc

Reaction score

Comes from Belichek Tree ? ..:huh:

... yeh so does O'Brien, .. Matt Patrica ... Charile Weiss,... perhaps you're too stuck on the idea that anything associated with Belichek must be a good thing ...??

What has Dabol produce lately doing his NYG regime that spells taking a look at him as OC ? .
. isn't he also the one that took on Jason Garrett as his OC ..?

of all the things, instead of focusing on an up & comer with impressive accolades ...ala Ben Johnson, Joe Brady, Bob Slovvik Todd Monkin, etc, we are
suggested to take a look at Dabol ..?

What is even closely special about the Giants offfense and scheme to where it's suggested that he come here as OC ?

Frankly i'd want that NEW HC to come with HIS own offensive concept and scheme, .. Not to have to endure a failed HC, a failed offense, a failed scheme,
a failed lack of adjustment.

diamonddelts

Reaction score

OP is typical Dallas fan. Loves retreads and mediocrity.

diamonddelts

Reaction score

Well, is but he isn't ........only has one year of experience as DC, so I see your point. Doesn't matter coz I'm sure Belichick can peel off at least a dozen guys he can name as his DC but a bigger concern will be his OC.​

Houston Texans
[edit]
On January 10, 2014, Vrabel was hired by the Houston Texans as a linebackers coach.[16] During his three seasons as linebackers coach, the Texans ranked third in the NFL in yards allowed per game.[17] In January 2016 news outlets reported that the San Francisco 49ers offered Vrabel their defensive coordinator job; Vrabel declined the offer and remained in Houston.[18] In January 2017, the Texans named Vrabel as their defensive coordinator, moving previous coordinator Romeo Crennel to assistant head coach.[19] He coached players such as J. J. Watt, Jadeveon Clowney, Whitney Mercilus and Benardrick McKinney.[17]

Tennessee Titans​

[edit]
Vrabel in 2019
On January 20, 2018, Vrabel was hired as the head coach of the Tennessee Titans on a five-year deal

Parcell's coaching tree

Doo-doo rolls downhill.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
you guys get easily impressed. dont worry most of us dont.

hopefully the next HC, well not much hope, but we ll see what staff they put together.
Wade Phillips sucked as a head coach, but his defense was a major reason Denver won the Super Bowl in 2015 and his defense almost got one for the Rams (held New England to 13 points, but the Rams scored just three). Some coaches are much better off sticking to being coordinators.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

... yeh so does O'Brien, .. Matt Patrica ... Charile Weiss,... perhaps you're too stuck on the idea that anything associated with Belichek must be a good thing ...??

What has Dabol produce lately doing his NYG regime that spells taking a look at him as OC ? .

of all the things, instead of focusing on an up & comer with impressive accolades ...ala Ben Johnson, Joe Brady, Bob Slovvik Todd Monkin, etc, we are

What is even closely special about the Giants offfense and scheme to where it's suggested that he come here as OC ?

Frankly i'd want that NEW HC to come with HIS own offensive concept and scheme, .. Not to have to endure a failed HC, a failed offense, a failed scheme,
I keep on saying, we need a HC to convince the Jones family that the way to team build needs to change. A young oc type will be nothing more than a puppet to them.

Cmac

Reaction score
Dabol.....Huh? Panic mode in full effect. The Giants offense is like watching paint dry. The Punter is the team MVP.

cristglo

Reaction score
Belichick .....head coach
Dabol...........offensive coor
Vrabel..........defensive coor

Jerry gives them the key and gets the hell out of their way
Do you really think Bill can come here and work with Jerry and Stephen?
You would lose Will in that process also

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Do you really think Bill can come here and work with Jerry and Stephen?
You would lose Will in that process also
Yes I do......they know each other very well. Jerry has admitted he's sure he could work Belichick. I am a 100% confident all authority/control issues will be resolved and put in writing otherwise both will go in another direction.

I don't think Belichick would have any issues with McClay staying. In fact, if I were Jerry, that would be a deal breaker. No way I'm trusting Belichick with my draft.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I can see Bill bringing him in. I'd rather just hire Ben Johnson as HC. But i think Bill coming here is inevitable.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

It seems you are referencing the head coach vs the offensive coordinator. Dabol was a very good OC for the Bills. Belichick's assistant coaches have poor records as head coaches AWAY from his nest or when they branch out on their own. That would not be the case if Belichick brings in Dabol as his OC.

As for HC coming in with his own concept and scheme........you lost me. An OC hired by Belichick ( or any newly hired HC ) WILL use his offensive concept or he's not bringing him in. BTW.......Jerry's not hiring any coach ( head or OC ) that compromises Dak's progress, not with $60M on the line.