CFZ Thoughts about last's night solid win!

GMO415

Reaction score
My concern.is that this team has been coming out flat to "inferior" teams. They fell behind to NY and IND.

The end results were good, but if they do that to a playoff caliber team, I'm not sure the outcome will be the same.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was not as impressive as it looked. Just sayin.
I have to agree. I wasn't feeling good about the game at all through 3 quarters. The Colts were right there with us.

The 4th quarter was just a bizarre sequence of events where everything turned against the Colts and snowballed on them.

That's not to say the Cowboys didn't play well and do things to cause those events, but a 33 point onslaught precipitated by turnovers in 4 straight Colt possessions is pretty flukish.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I though our Cowboys' team played a very average game, when all is said and done. The Indy team played their hearts out and just couldn't deal with a team that simply had too much depth for them to deal with. The Colts played their best game possible but just pooped out in the end. That's what often happens when you play a team that has enough depth to run roughshod over lesser teams toward the end. In the end, Indy had little left to give. o_O

McKDaddy

Reaction score
LVE showed how "slow and lumbering" he is, when he ran down one of the fastest RBs in the league and kept him from getting a huge gain.

Yes, that was a great play & one I didn't really expect him to make. I have only watched the broadcast video of the games. Legit question, how do we handle his free agency? I do agree he seems to be playing better recently. Even so, I don't think he's a great difference maker just a solid player. So, part of me leans toward drafting someone and churning the youth\cost at the position. Thoughts?

cnuball21

Reaction score
This is why I have been the #1 person on this board about signing OBJ. Better teams will be able to scheme to take away Lamb. Gallup has struggled to beat man coverage, Noah Brown has been a no show for several weeks. Question is, how healthy is Beckham? If he's 80% of his former self, that might be enough for teams to not take away Lamb.

Agree on the need just don’t know if OBJ is the guy. Hearing now he’s not even working out for teams? That’s a bit alarming.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not a fan of shuffling the OL during a meaningful game. That's stuff is for practice or sub 500 teams.
The Colts are a sub .500 team...or did you mean it'd be okay for a sub .500 team to shuffle the OL?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, that was a great play & one I didn't really expect him to make. I have only watched the broadcast video of the games. Legit question, how do we handle his free agency? I do agree he seems to be playing better recently. Even so, I don't think he's a great difference maker just a solid player. So, part of me leans toward drafting someone and churning the youth\cost at the position. Thoughts?
I don't know if he's just being used differently or if he's regaining his confidence, but if we can keep him at a reasonable price, I'd do it.

DanA

Reaction score
At the moment our good is very good but we are inconsistent. Dak has been throwing a few too many picks and we get penalized far too often. Other than that though this team has been tremendous the last 6 weeks.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is a good question. I suspect the Cowboys would like to keep him, but he is only making $2 million this year and I expect they won't want to go up dramatically from that on a multi year deal. Accordingly, I think there is a good chance he leaves because someone will be willing to pay notably more than the Cowboys will.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Offense

-Arguably Cee Dee's best game as a Cowboy. Tremendous in the open field and made a heads up play to score the first TD of the game.
-Thought ground attack was effective, although it really didn't hit until the 2nd half.
-Peters play at LT and Tyler inside suggests Tyron is returning and Peters working as the swing Tackle.
-Cowboys receivers continue to allow easy interceptions. Any QB will be off target at times, if you cannot catch it, make sure the other team doesn't as well.
-Shultz was lucky they couldn't challenge that early fumble and needs to make that TD catch. Bad penalty by Ferguson that stopped the 1st drive in the 2nd half at the 50.

Defense

-Giving up just 80 yards to Jonathan Taylor was a big accomplishment. Run defense still is very shaky at times, by definitely has gotten better since Green Bay.
-Surprisingly the Cowboys couldn't get much of a pass rush without the blitz last night, perhaps Ryan was getting rid of the ball too quickly.
-Anthony Brown once again got beaten deep. Before the injury, I thought he needed to get benched. Sucks to lose him for the year, as it hurts our depth, but we need to see what Joseph can do. Gave up a TD, but looked better attacking the football then Brown. Diggs also had a terrible play that led to the Colts 1st TD.
-It took Hooker to play his former team to have his breakout game with the Cowboys. His interception was the key play that turned around the game.
-Both Lve and Clark made huge plays, Lve made a great tackle in space against Taylor, Clark caused that fumble in the 4th qtr.

Special Teams

-Perhaps their worse performance of the yr. Gave up long kickoff returns, had an extra point blocked.
I thought Shultz recovered his own fumble?
And it was a fumble.
Nice write up

Ken

Reaction score
I hate to throw a wet blanket over this win, but if we were playing a contender, we'd have lost that game by halftime. The Cowboys looked average to poor in the first half. Dak Looked like crap early on.

It was a 2 point game going into the 4th when the Colts imploded with turnovers. Someone in the organization must have pissed off some witchdoctor somewhere, that was crazy with the turnovers.

We have to be better than that when the Eagles come to Dallas. Or Dallas isn't winning that game.
If If's and But's were candy and nuts, everyday would be christmas.

1. Also...KC and Philly, two of the biggest contenders, were unimpressive for longer and KC even lost....

SOOOOOO...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
When it comes to signing OBJ, I hope Stephen serves as a buffer to keep Jerry from foolishly offering him far too much. We'll see. :omg:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Colts have a legitimate defense, it's their offense why they are struggling.
I actually have more respect for the Eagles team now and the 49ers defense is nasty. It actually will be important for us to sign OBJ and get Tyron back healthy. The all or nothing strategy might have to be played by Jerry even if we don’t see OBJ until the playoffs.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Dak is throwing way too many ugly balls. And way too many high risk passes that he doesn't need to throw.

CeeDee is really coming on. Starting to show signs of dominating games..