CFZ Thoughts about this week's huge divisional road game!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know Hurts has only thrown 4 TD passes all season. Media is hyping him up like he's a hybrid of Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady. I think if we limit his running and make him beat us with his arm then we will win. I don't think he's accurate or consistent enough to throw against our secondary without getting burned.
Hurts is a good player but we have already played 3 better passing quarterbacks. I think Danny Dimes runs the ball just as well. Hurts is media darling because of the stuff he went through at Alabama.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Biggest game for this team all year.

Defense is playing well but this will be the most dynamic offense we’ve faced. They can run and pass. I have no worries about the WR’s as our secondary has covered the likes of Chase, Kupp, Higgins and Scary Terry (amongst others) pretty well. But that’s all because the D-line gets immense pressure. With a mobile QB like Hurts, it won’t be as easy. Stafford, Burrow, Brady, and Wentz are basically statues in the pocket. The most similar QB to Hurts we’ve faced is Danny Dimes. They immobilized him but Hurts will have more help, so he may be a problem.

Their O-line is banged up, but stopping the run plays are the biggest priority. Force Hurts to throw and keep the secondary on their toes against these receivers.

Offense will have to step up. I believe our defense can immobilize the Eagles, but if they stay on the field too long, they will get gassed and it may mess with the equilibrium of the team. Offense is gonna have to score TOUCHDOWNS. Not fieldgoals for this game. Last game was a perfect example of what you want from defense and special teams (minus the horrible snap from the new long snapper). Offense needs to STOP the drops. Philly will look to stop the run and will stack the box, forcing Rush to throw. WR’s and TE’s need to be on their Ps and Qs.

plymkr

Reaction score
Hurts is a good player but we have already played 3 better passing quarterbacks. I think Danny Dimes runs the ball just as well. Hurts is media darling because of the stuff he went through at Alabama.
I agree, I feel Danny Dimes is better. Hurts is getting hyped up pretty good. Hopefully it goes to his head and he tries our defense and we burn him. I'm just praying Parsons groin isn't a problem. Has there been any updates today on him? If Parsons is a go then I feel our defense is too fast for Hurts to beat us with his legs. Then I feel he can't beat our secondary with his arm. He's not a better passer than Stafford, Burrow, Brady and even Danny Dimes.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know Hurts has only thrown 4 TD passes all season. Media is hyping him up like he's a hybrid of Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady. I think if we limit his running and make him beat us with his arm then we will win. I don't think he's accurate or consistent enough to throw against our secondary without getting burned.
Yes he has only thrown for 4 but he has ran for 6.

reddyuta

Reaction score
My thoughts are Dak needs to suck it up put his big boy pants on and play this game against our most hated division rivals.

This is a very important game that could have playoff implications later in the year.
Cooper Rush has gone above and beyond and exceeded all expectations.

He has left things in perfect order for Dak to take over.
Now is the time to take advantage of daks skill set.
He flat out needs to play Yes he will be in pain probably for a long time to come.
Just because the hand is healed doesn't mean he won't be in pain he needs to overcome it get under center and get it done.
Two and a half million a game requires you to do things that are not expected from normal people.

If you're getting paid like your Super Man you have to at least try to be

if he cant grip the ball he aint playing,hopwfully the dcotors claer him tomorrow so he practice the whole week.

plymkr

Reaction score
Put Donovan Wilson back in to spy mode vs Hurts, the way Q used him vs Danny Dimes.
That's what I'm thinking. Wilson is quick and hopefully limit his running for TDs ability. I really don't think Hurts can beat us passing.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
-We still don't know who is starting at QB, however, it seems Rush is most likely.

-Eagles offense presents many challenges. RPO with a legitimate dual threat QB, talented skill positional players and perhaps the best OL's in football. What strategy should the Cowboys use to defend them?

-Minnesota got lit up playing soft deep shell coverage, the Cowboys need to do the complete opposite, stack the box, play tight man coverage and force Hurts to beat them with his arm not his legs. Must stay disciplined with their rush lanes. Take away their run game and force them to drive the entire field. I would use Wilson as a spy and Kearse matching up with their TE. Watkins could be dangerous as that over the top type of receiver.

-Eagles still have a loaded defensive line, but they are an aging one. Their linebackers are average and have one top corner in Slay. Successfully running the football will be paramount as it won't allow their rushers to just pin their ears back. There should be opportunities in the passing game if they can hold up in protection.
**** the Eagirls.

Sydla

Reaction score
That because he probably ran in another 6. God, don’t you people watch any other football?

You are correct. He has 6 rushing TDs. 68% completion percentage. 97 rating. He's improved. But is he elite, upper level? Not ready to crown him that just yet after his hot start.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking. Wilson is quick and hopefully limit his running for TDs ability. I really don't think Hurts can beat us passing.
Wilson has been productive, but his most productive game was vs the Giants.
9 tackles
1 tackle for loss
2 assists
1 sack
1 pass defensed
If Wilson can match those stats vs Hurts, playing in that same role would be ideal.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
NFC offensive player of the month, I understand the Eagle hate, but you gotta play some ball to win that, Danny Dimes better? Has he even won player of the week? Lol

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Just the next game on the schedule of 17. A little bragging rights, but win or lose both teams will have to recoup.

I say this because the Boys seem to be focused, well prepared, but also confident. They just beat crepe out of the defending champs with relative ease for 60 minutes. Don't think they were thinking about the Eagles just then. That's this week's issue.

Big Mike and his coordinators got something going and I hope they come up with another gem. Quinn's schemes and plans are just creating havoc for the opposition. No need to hype them. Always important to get that running game in gear and it showed some spark and life. Anybody think they open up the play book a little. Rush's 4th straight start plus Gallup and perhaps the reappearance of the TE. Slowly the Oline is getting in shape with the rotating bodies. Wonder if Peters is going to be a bigger factor. I wouldn't be disappointed if Maher is the difference this time around and Anger has some say in field position.

Whoever is on the field...contribute to a win.

Go Boys!

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Anybody think they open up the play book a little. Rush's 4th straight start plus Gallup and perhaps the reappearance of the TE.
This would be Rush's 5th straight start. But I agree, playbook should be opened up a bit, but only if we are trailing in the game. Otherwise I continue to be conservative.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
My bubba... fist to chest.
I always hope for the best.

This is going to be a tough one.
I have a lab pit mix 3/4 Lab his name Is Bubba He is a big goof and escape artist But he lets us know when he is back at the front door and he usually has kids with him Sometimes cats

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
With the defensive line the Eagles have, Dallas will struggle to pass the ball. The disadvantage of Cooper Rush will be demonstrated for all to see.

That will make Dallas one dimensional. They will struggle to score 13 points. The Eagles will score more than that.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wow, I didn't know Hurts has only thrown 4 TD passes all season.

Really? That is shocking to me. I haven't watched a single one of their games but people were making it sound like he was going for 300+ in the air with 2-3 passing TDs every singe game along with the rushing.

We will need to play ball control offense and stay committed to the run. Let our defense and All-Pro punter win the field position battle and as long as we do not make a mistake in the form of a bad turnover or two we will be in a position to win this game.

Honestly even playing the Eagles close with our backup would be quite the feat.