CFZ Thoughts about this week's huge divisional road game!

JustChip

Reaction score
It would be crazy- foolish to think the team would rush and force Dak back into starting lineup just for the sake of the Eagles.
“ light” throwing isn’t strong enuff indication that he's ready for full contact live action.

The formula is the same as it’s been in any Cooper Rush game (and win streak)
We have to win:
1 ) Running the ball successfully
2) Avoiding turnovers
3) Playing great Defense
4) Getting great special teams edge and help (FGs, Turpin, coverage, Anger)
5) Gain key plays in Cooper pass game en route to scoring points

- Trench Wars and turnover battle may decide winner and loser
- Force Eagles to be one dimensional, force Hurts to be a pocket passer.
- I would’ve loved to get a big lead upon Philly, make them dimensional/must pass, so Hurts can be erratic passer.
The team can do all what you list and still lose due to capricious officiating. Especially a questionable judgement call late in the game on a critical play. It’s unfortunate, but the officials have as much impact on who wins as the players and coaches. Sometimes more.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Wilson and Parson hopefully take turns shadowing him, chasing him down behind the line and knocking him around enough times he will think twice or three times before trying to run. Plus we have a new puppy at LB that seems to get it. Diggs will continue to get his pick opportunities, but the entire secondary needs to play their assignments and not allow big breakdowns in the passing game. Combined with the D-line rotation, keeping bodies fresh and fired up, we only need 24 points to win. Maybe less.
More worried about Philly's D then their O.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
My only concern on defense is LVE on run plays. I think he is the second leading tackler, but his tackles come after long gains. He needs to close in on the gaps and stuff the run game.
He is going to be needed to coverage those backs out of the backfield. Think he will hold up against the run, which he has done thus far.

Jipper

Reaction score
if i ever wanted to see a cowboys victory in the regular season, it is this sunday....last game i felt this intense about was the patriots game last year..