CFZ Thoughts about today's win!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
McCarthy, KM and Philbin always trying to drive me into insanity.

The rotation at LG. Idiotic.

Playing Schultz at starting TE when Cowboys are a run first team and on run plays. Ignorant.

Throwing on 3rd and short when run game was humming. Incompetent.

Allowing a bottom feeding team like WAS to keep game close. Insipid.
Lets cover the obvious here:
Dallas 15 point was was the largest margin of the weekend thus far.

What would you have them do at LG? Because Peters isn't ready for full game duties as he works into shape and McGovern is just bad,

Schultz is a plus TE. He wasn't good today for sure but doesn't mean he won't help them next week or going forward.

Not sure when you thought the running game was really going. WAS is far better up front than anywhere else on their entire team.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We’re hanging in with real good defense and a consistent kicker. The offense continues to be unexplosive and we’re not scoring many TDs. If Dak could somehow get back to the QB he was early last season when he returns we could have a real good team. Don’t see us beating good teams if we keep bogging down offensively and having to settle for FGs. We’re having to rely on Brett Maher way too much.

starfan1

Reaction score
Entire running game sucked from OL to TE to playcalling to RB.

But give me the RB who produces 3× more than the other one.

Again, less than 1 yard a carry.

You can "what if" it to ridiculous depths as you are wont to do but the facts are the facts.
Yeah today was a day where zeke should have gotten more carries last week it was pollard ride who is hot

Reactions: BAT

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
-20 points is the benchmark, with a strong defense and good special teams they will win many games if the offense reaches this number.

Offense

-Cowboys couldn't run the football what so ever but they stayed with it and got a few big plays off play action. OL really struggled, but to be fair, Washington's interior is very talented and good. OL did well in the penalty department.

-Rush got away with two bad interceptions due to penalties by Washington's Defense. I thought this was his worst game out of the three, but a lot has to due how well they played defense against us.

-Gallup was a huge factor in today's victory. Big 3rd down conversion, TD before half and drew a long penalty. Lamb had another strong outing, most important no dropped passes.

-Shultz is hurting this team more then helping it, thought our TE play was much better last week.

Defense

-Defense had a lot of struggles stopping the run again, especially in the 1st half. Washington used the same runs that TB had success with on the outside. This is an area of concern.

-Pass rush was very solid, but I expect more from this group. Parsons still doesn't look the same since the Cincy game. He is still affecting throws, but not flashing as much. Fowler another strong game.

-Diggs had a very strong game defending a legitimate top WR. The 2 fourth quarter pass breakups ended the game. We have two legitimate playmakers on this unit, don't forget about Diggs. By the way, Lewis might not see his job when he returns, thought Bland played real well, which including a game sealing interception.

Special Teams

-Maher was very consistent once again and he probably saved 2 points with his tackle in that blocked extra point.
-They almost blocked another FG.
-Anger had that poor punt when field position was paramount.

Good grind out win, but now the schedule gets harder the next 2 weeks on the road against top competition, who knows if Dak returns in that span and how he performs after the layoff.
This is gonna raise some eyebrows, but I would have no problem trading Shultz for whatever I could get for him.
He has no future here and is a progress stopper.
Play the 2 Rooks, what you lose in experience you gain in blocking.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

What would you have them do at LG? Because Peters isn't ready for full game duties as he works into shape and McGovern is just bad,

Schultz is a plus TE. He wasn't good today for sure but doesn't mean he won't help them next week or going forward.

Not sure when you thought the running game was really going. WAS is far better up front than anywhere else on their entire team.

Peters already said he's ready to play all the reps.

This is Philbin being Philbin and trying to play his favorites.

Anyone who knows football understands that OL requires continuity for better cohesion, communication and chemistry.

Starting McGovern over Peters has ZERO to do with Peters stamina. ZERO.

And Schultz should have been pulled after he ran into his own player. Not only is he hurting the run and pass blocking but he's getting multiple penalties AND running around like keystone cops out there.

Both MM and KM should have pulled him instead of watching his play get increasingly worse.

MAKE THE FRACKING ADJUSTMENT.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke a bad 2.57 YPC
Pollard a miserably horrible sucking .75 YPC

Zeke 32:yards receiving to Pollars 2 yards.

But yet you can’t say anything bad about your beloved Pollard. But find ways to nag on Zeke when he was obviously better.

Don’t you always tell me look at the average not the number of touches.

Double standards.
Pollard had a few series on his own. Not 1 carry every other drive. Tell the truth.

Pollard was terrible today. But again, your hero gets the lead roll and 19 carries and 19 million and he sucks.

More of the same from Zeke. He needs to go.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Great post-game observations post!

Pollard was terrible today. But again, your hero gets the lead roll and 19 carries and 19 million and he sucks.

More of the same from Zeke. He needs to go.

They WFTs are good on defense. They didn't have success with racking up yards on the ground, but sticking with the run even when it was unsuccessful contributed to their victory against a decent defense.

I'm proud of our guys, Zeke and Pollard for sticking it out and doing it for the team.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I haven’t had a chance to look back, Were either of those picks thrown after seeing a flag or where Rush saw holding?

It's possible, likely even Rush threw at least one of the picks on purpose after seeing the defensive holding in the secondary. Looked like it at least. But I want to go back and see it.

I just do not see that being the winning formula against the very best teams.

The offense needs to be better than it has been the last 4 weeks.

It's slowly getting better from week 1 to week 4.

Patience, grasshopper.

Patience.

Gallup adds a new dimension. They were scheming around Hendershot. And even though he was stat-less, I believe, they still had to account for him, and it helped the offense overall. I saw their lips moving on the WFT's sidelines, "Hendershot." Right before the snap.

Boom. Excellent argument.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Couldn’t run or stop the run. We got the win today but typically that’s not a winning formula.

They pretty much clamped down on the run in the second half. Part of the reason Washington wasn't able to do much.

McMicah

Reaction score
I haven’t had a chance to look back, Were either of those picks thrown after seeing a flag or where Rush saw holding?

Funny I thought the same thing. I think the first one was a legitimate pick. The second seemed more bang-bang as far as the ref throwing the flag vs Cooper’s release. I never really think about a qb having that type of processing power outside of offsides plays

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Last year is last year. Donovan balled in 2020 and lost his job. Don't be a fairweather fan. Be straight up
Donovan lost his job cause he couldn’t stay healthy along with Kearse playing so well.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This is gonna raise some eyebrows, but I would have no problem trading Shultz for whatever I could get for him.
He has no future here and is a progress stopper.
Play the 2 Rooks, what you lose in experience you gain in blocking.
I agree, but he is a trusted weapon for Dak. Let’s hope they just move on from him after the Season

sideon

Reaction score
-20 points is the benchmark, with a strong defense and good special teams they will win many games if the offense reaches this number.

Offense

-Cowboys couldn't run the football what so ever but they stayed with it and got a few big plays off play action. OL really struggled, but to be fair, Washington's interior is very talented and good. OL did well in the penalty department.

-Rush got away with two bad interceptions due to penalties by Washington's Defense. I thought this was his worst game out of the three, but a lot has to due how well they played defense against us.

-Gallup was a huge factor in today's victory. Big 3rd down conversion, TD before half and drew a long penalty. Lamb had another strong outing, most important no dropped passes.

-Shultz is hurting this team more then helping it, thought our TE play was much better last week.

Defense

-Defense had a lot of struggles stopping the run again, especially in the 1st half. Washington used the same runs that TB had success with on the outside. This is an area of concern.

-Pass rush was very solid, but I expect more from this group. Parsons still doesn't look the same since the Cincy game. He is still affecting throws, but not flashing as much. Fowler another strong game.

-Diggs had a very strong game defending a legitimate top WR. The 2 fourth quarter pass breakups ended the game. We have two legitimate playmakers on this unit, don't forget about Diggs. By the way, Lewis might not see his job when he returns, thought Bland played real well, which including a game sealing interception.

Special Teams

-Maher was very consistent once again and he probably saved 2 points with his tackle in that blocked extra point.
-They almost blocked another FG.
-Anger had that poor punt when field position was paramount.

Good grind out win, but now the schedule gets harder the next 2 weeks on the road against top competition, who knows if Dak returns in that span and how he performs after the layoff.
Washington has a crap defense and it's even worse with no Chase Young. Not being able to run the ball against them was not a good look for the Cowboys.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I'm talking about with your backup QB, if he can give you 20 there is an excellent chance to succeed.

I think an offense that scores 20, no matter who’s running it, is likely to go .500, though I’ve never run the analytics for teams that score 20/game. I’m not saying that’s bad, especially if QB1 is only sidelined for a short while. We were fortunate to catch Herbert when he was less than 100%, thought we should beat the WC with any QB, and we did the minimum necessary to get through the NYG. I’m a Dak fan, but if he plays like he did in the first game, we have a long season ahead of us. I’m thankful for the wins and I hope they keep coming.

Football just started and we’re almost 25% through the season. Goes by way too fast.