Thoughts on Brock Purdy?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Why does this matter on a Dallas Cowboys site this guy means nothing ......
It doesn't matter on any of the other CZ boards where the topic is the Cowboys. However, this particular board is called "NFL Zone" for a reason. It's for anything of interest regarding other NFL teams. In other words, a post about another team's QB is on-topic here, even though it wouldn't be on the Fan Zone board, or any of the other ones where the Cowboys are the topic. Think of this as the "Other NFL Teams" board.

MikeT22

Reaction score
He’s reminded me of Romo since he came on. Very deceptive playmaker in the pocket. He also has a ton of moxie he’s just quiet about it.
Minus the game-killing mistakes and INT's.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It doesn't matter on any of the other CZ boards where the topic is the Cowboys. However, this particular board is called "NFL Zone" for a reason. It's for anything of interest regarding other NFL teams. In other words, a post about another team's QB is on-topic here, even though it wouldn't be on the Fan Zone board, or any of the other ones where the Cowboys are the topic. Think of this as the "Other NFL Teams" board.
Yeah but the problem is most of these are started in the regular area and by the time people start posting that they don't like seeing it in the regular area the mods simply move it... I do not click on anything outside of the cowboy zone therefore it was there to begin with.... So yes discuss away in all the other areas of this website I'm saying all the ones that are being discussed on the main page which is the cowboy zone not the NFL zone... So I get what you're saying but that's not where this post began..

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My thought is that he is not the most talented QB I’ve ever seen but he got the job done and there is a lot to be said for that kind of accomplishment. He reminds me of Goff when he got the Rams to a Super Bowl.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Yeah but the problem is most of these are started in the regular area and by the time people start posting that they don't like seeing it in the regular area the mods simply move it... I do not click on anything outside of the cowboy zone therefore it was there to begin with.... So yes discuss away in all the other areas of this website I'm saying all the ones that are being discussed on the main page which is the cowboy zone not the NFL zone... So I get what you're saying but that's not where this post began..
Oh, gotcha. I didn't realize the thread had been moved. Yeah, people need to remember to post non-Cowboy NFL stuff in NFL Zone.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
My thought is that he is not the most talented QB I’ve ever seen but he got the job done and there is a lot to be said for that kind of accomplishment. He reminds me of Goff when he got the Rams to a Super Bowl.
I agree with this. Purdy is a good quarterback. I wouldn't call him as good as Mahommes or an in-prime Tom Brady, but he's highly capable. I've seen him throw into tight spaces. He can evade the rush, buying time, and find an open man. I also think he's usually good at staying poised when things are going bad. If he had caved in that game against Green Bay, his team would have lost. Granted, his teammates also didn't cave, so he had excellent help in their comeback, but he certainly played his part well. He has my respect.

1942willys

Reaction score
Did you bang the table for Brock Purdy in the draft?
did you bank the table for Dak Prescott? I didn;t and I had never heard of Purdy except for the next day after the draft talking about mr Irrelevant

rambo2

Reaction score
did you bank the table for Dak Prescott? I didn;t and I had never heard of Purdy except for the next day after the draft talking about mr Irrelevant
Lol, I figured that you didn't even know about Purdy. So, now you think that Purdy is really good and Prescott is really bad? I actually liked Prescott in the draft. Do you think Purdy can win the Super Bowl as a favorite or will he fail?

1942willys

Reaction score
Lol, I figured that you didn't even know about Purdy. So, now you think that Purdy is really good and Prescott is really bad? I actually liked Prescott in the draft. Do you think Purdy can win the Super Bowl as a favorite or will he fail?
I believe he will play better than Dak could under that kind of pressure as Dak has shown he lacks the ability

rambo2

Reaction score
I believe he will play better than Dak could under that kind of pressure as Dak has shown he lacks the ability
Remember Purdy is going in as the favorite and playing on a better team. He was a lucky son of a gun just getting to the big game.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
If I had to choose between Brock Purdy and Daniel Jones to start next season I would pick Daniel Jones.

A QB thats faced the harshest situation for 3 years straight and still managed to string things together decently.

My opinion is that the number of pressures Jones has faced for 3 straight years has sped up his processing compared to most QBs. I would put money on it that Daniel Jones would kill it on the 49ers. He might not have elite decision making skills...but hes faced enough bad environment to be good on a team with elite players and coaches.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He is a good QB for being under a rookie contract. He reminds me some of Eli(not draft position) but the same demeanor getting lucky bounces when it counts. A solid QB but nothing spectacular, just grinds it out. He might even be the thorn in Mahomes side just like Eli was to Brady…..both GOAT killers :muttley: