Thoughts on Brock Purdy?

jwitten82

Reaction score
What's y'all opinion on this guy? I thought he was a bus driver tbh, but these last two games against the Packers and Lions, this guy made plays. I'm still not completely sold on him, but he did show more than I ever thought he could.

Cmac

Reaction score
Since you mentioned him......I'm waiting for the board to start a "Trade for Purdy" campaign that wouldn't make one bit of sense as it would cost and he'd want to be paid, rightfully so. Followed by a Dak slam. Followed by Purdy doesn't have any help.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What's y'all opinion on this guy? I thought he was a bus driver tbh, but these last two games against the Packers and Lions, this guy made plays. I'm still not completely sold on him, but he did show more than I ever thought he could.
Why does this matter on a Dallas Cowboys site this guy means nothing to us and we've seen him lose three straight games and or have quarters where he struggles when deebo Samuels or Christian McCaffrey or one of his main guys are off the offensive line we see him throwing interceptions he's a good quarterback but like most quarterbacks he needs help meaning one of the best defenses in the League One of the best coaching Staffs in the league and 1A team that's loaded with talent...

Have we seen him try to play on a team that's getting stripped of all its stars like Patrick mahomes Patrick mahomes is on an island by himself the best quarterback in the league and then you have group 2 which is clogged up with about nine other quarterbacks including ours I don't think Brock Purdy is a better quarterback in Prescott... But even if he was why does our fan base think it's OK to start a conversation about someone else's quarterback when he's not a free agent he has no chance of coming here so why do we need to judge the man why don't you just start one and say he's a great quarterback and you wish he can replace our quarterback because that's what this is a veiled attempt at acting like a team by the way who tripped over him they didn't pick him with any intentions of him being number one they made him monumental mistake as a GM and as a coach picking Trey Lance with three first round picks to move up to get the guy and then him being a bust up to this point..

so sometimes it's better to be lucky than good including the New England Patriots because Tom Brady was not a plan not to be who he ended up being This is why you have to sometimes be lucky and in my opinion the 49ers got lucky to find a guy he's a good quarterback he's in Tier 2 like I said lumped in with the rest of the guys we talk about a lot... I don't see anything special about him I mean he struggled in the first half of the last game he threw a pic he got lucky that the other one bounced off the helmet of a defender and somehow their wide receiver caught it you know Allah Eli Manning and the giants type catches those are just lucky,... So he's no Joe Montana he is not an elite quarterback but yes he's one of the top quarterbacks in the league and the 49ers were lucky to find him last in the draft..

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Well the answer is pretty self evident. Is he carrying the team by himself? No. Is he making the mistakes that are hurting his team? No. I think he is a product of the 49-er team. Surrounded with talent he can thrive.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Why does this matter on a Dallas Cowboys site this guy means nothing to us and we've seen him lose three straight games and or have quarters where he struggles when deebo Samuels or Christian McCaffrey or one of his main guys are off the offensive line we see him throwing interceptions he's a good quarterback but like most quarterbacks he needs help meaning one of the best defenses in the League One of the best coaching Staffs in the league and 1A team that's loaded with talent...

Have we seen him try to play on a team that's getting stripped of all its stars like Patrick mahomes Patrick mahomes is on an island by himself the best quarterback in the league and then you have group 2 which is clogged up with about nine other quarterbacks including ours I don't think Brock Purdy is a better quarterback in Prescott... But even if he was why does our fan base think it's OK to start a conversation about someone else's quarterback when he's not a free agent he has no chance of coming here so why do we need to judge the man why don't you just start one and say he's a great quarterback and you wish he can replace our quarterback because that's what this is a veiled attempt at acting like a team by the way who tripped over him they didn't pick him with any intentions of him being number one they made him monumental mistake as a GM and as a coach picking Trey Lance with three first round picks to move up to get the guy and then him being a bust up to this point..

so sometimes it's better to be lucky than good including the New England Patriots because Tom Brady was not a plan not to be who he ended up being This is why you have to sometimes be lucky and in my opinion the 49ers got lucky to find a guy he's a good quarterback he's in Tier 2 like I said lumped in with the rest of the guys we talk about a lot... I don't see anything special about him I mean he struggled in the first half of the last game he threw a pic he got lucky that the other one bounced off the helmet of a defender and somehow their wide receiver caught it you know Allah Eli Manning and the giants type catches those are just lucky,... So he's no Joe Montana he is not an elite quarterback but yes he's one of the top quarterbacks in the league and the 49ers were lucky to find him last in the draft..
Shut up

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well, I know he has more playoff wins and SB appearances than all Cowboys QBs over the past 29 years.
Yeah the 49ers sure are a great organization with a great GM a great coach and an absolutely loaded team right it was the quarterback had nothing to do with talent because when he lost a little bit of his talent in the middle of the year he went on a three-game losing streak he also didn't look good in the first half last week or whenever that game was he had a cup an interception another one bounced off a helmet he's not perfect he's on a great team it's nice for him to be on a great team same with Troy Aikman loaded with talent a little overrated in my opinion I know I'm saying it Emmitt Smith defense coaching they didn't ask the quarterback to do everything like Jerry Jones has asked Romo and dak to seemingly do things without a good defense or a great defense or in this case sometimes without an offensive line or a run game or bad coaching schemes and game plans sure if that's what you mean that he you spelt team wrong that's TE AM not HEB literally tripped onto a better team that's like trying to say that garoppolo and some of the other spare parts that's ever been to a Super Bowl or championship game or even Blake Bortles been doing AFC championship game is somehow better than Romo or Prescott and that's not the case this is a team sport...

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I dunno, the kid keeps proving me wrong by winning, but something about him I'm still not convinced about. He was throwing some weird and floaty passes against the Lions. If they had a better secondary I think they come down with more than the one they got.

So, yeah, I'm still one of those that says his stacked roster helps him tremendously, but at the same time, the kid keeps the train chugging along making plays when he needs to. So, safe to say I'm still kind of torn.

We will get to see what he is made of here in a week and a half on the biggest stage of his life.........against Patrick Mahomes on the other end.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Yeah the 49ers sure are a great organization with a great GM a great coach and an absolutely loaded team right it was the quarterback had nothing to do with talent because when he lost a little bit of his talent in the middle of the year he went on a three-game losing streak he also didn't look good in the first half last week or whenever that game was he had a cup an interception another one bounced off a helmet he's not perfect he's on a great team it's nice for him to be on a great team same with Troy Aikman loaded with talent a little overrated in my opinion I know I'm saying it Emmitt Smith defense coaching they didn't ask the quarterback to do everything like Jerry Jones has asked Romo and dak to seemingly do things without a good defense or a great defense or in this case sometimes without an offensive line or a run game or bad coaching schemes and game plans sure if that's what you mean that he you spelt team wrong that's TE AM not HEB literally tripped onto a better team that's like trying to say that garoppolo and some of the other spare parts that's ever been to a Super Bowl or championship game or even Blake Bortles been doing AFC championship game is somehow better than Romo or Prescott and that's not the case this is a team sport...
You talk too much. What i said is true. Please put me on ignore.

John813

Reaction score
He reminds me of Tom Brady pre-2007.

Plays on a good team, great defense. Usually a smart player. Knows where to go with the ball. Limits mistakes in the postseason and stays cool.

No elite traits per-say but gets it done. Sure, he has great players with him on offense but that's a good GM building around a dirt cheap QB.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Since you mentioned him......I'm waiting for the board to start a "Trade for Purdy" campaign that wouldn't make one bit of sense as it would cost and he'd want to be paid, rightfully so. Followed by a Dak slam. Followed by Purdy doesn't have any help.
You think the "we should trade for Purdy" doesn't make sense because of the money it would cost us?

Do you think a "we should trade for Mahomes" thread wouldn't make sense because of the money it would cost us?

It wouldn't make sense because they wouldn't trade him to us, or to anyone. They have a franchise QB that balls out in the playoffs. Teams don't trade those guys. You could offer them 5 first round picks...and they would say no thanks and laugh at you behind Jerruh's back (though, teams are already laughing anyway so what's the harm?)

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I like the guy, but let's make fun of him because somehow this will make dak better.
I liked it when you guys made fun of Rush winning, and then celebrating like it was a Super Bowl victory when Rush lost. You can't make that kind of fun up.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I like him. There is a Montana poise with him. No I don't think he is close to Montana but he is quiet and just makes the right throws when need be. Yes he is surrounded by talent but you still have to make throws under pressure and he has stood up to it

People need to accept that maybe 1% of QBs in NFL history just make teams better without talent....Marino, Elway, Mahomes. Most guys succeed in history because they are great AND have greatness around them. Coaches too. It's when you fail with talent that you get the pitchforks out.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Bus driver is correct. Somewhere along the line that became an insult. It isn't