Thoughts on Carl Davis? Or, how bout Quinton Bohanna if he isn't protected by the Lions?

1942willys

Reaction score
anyone that takes PFF seriously is a fool

but I doubt Bohanna is much of an improvement if any over what we have now.

I was hopeful he would be something but he either did nothing or got injured so bringing him back to me -unless somehow he woke up elsewhere which the stats say he didn't- is a useless move

I have to laugh about some who scream tackle numbers are subjective then say pressures are important; pressure is a more subjective stat by a mile over tackles

speedkilz88

Reaction score

I was hopeful he would be something but he either did nothing or got injured so bringing him back to me -unless somehow he woke up elsewhere which the stats say he didn't- is a useless move

I have to laugh about some who scream tackle numbers are subjective then say pressures are important; pressure is a more subjective stat by a mile over tackles
Anyone using tackles for a NT is a fool. PFF is the only thing we have to compare. Teams even use them. It is what it is.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

So tackles vs. pressure now?

Who is making that claim or is this just a strawman?

1942willys

Reaction score
So tackles vs. pressure now?

Who is making that claim or is this just a strawman?
Well anyone who has intelligence to start with

What is pressure on one QB like say Chase Daniels is NOT what is pressure on Tom Brady. Correct? All QBs react differently to degrees of pressure. Tackles clearly are not as subjective.
You should pay me for the lesson; since you claim to be from one of the top Tech Schools in the country this all should be obvious to you

1942willys

Reaction score
Anyone using tackles for a NT is a fool. PFF is the only thing we have to compare. Teams even use them. It is what it is.

SOME teams use them for data; who uses their grades?

Just because something is all that there is does not make it worth a bucket of warm spit.

ANYONE leaving out tackles is a fool. A NT that gets tackles shows he really is doing things more than being a big trashcan full of dirt

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
SOME teams use them for data; who uses their grades?

Just because something is all that there is does not make it worth a bucket of warm spit.

ANYONE leaving out tackles is a fool. A NT that gets tackles shows he really is doing things more than being a big trashcan full of dirt
:hammer: Well said!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ridgeway has more tackles accumulated. More than Bohanna and Mazi put together.
He also gets blown off the line more than both of them did. Ridgeway is on the PS if he is on any playoff contender. He gets snaps because Washington is very thin behind Payne and Allen. If Mathis wasnt a walking injury, Ridgeway would be on the PS

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He also gets blown off the line more than both of them did. Ridgeway is on the PS if he is on any playoff contender. He gets snaps because Washington is very thin behind Payne and Allen. If Mathis wasnt a walking injury, Ridgeway would be on the PS
If a NT constantly gets blown off the line as you stated, he should definitely have less tackles, correct? What do his stats say?

joseephuss

Reaction score
Disagree.

Ridgeway has contributed more as a rookie last year and even this year as a sophomore than Mazi has for us this rookie year. One can try to spin it however they want, their stats speak the truth. Go look them up. Ridgeway has been more productive than Mazi has so far. Mazi was running over our Offensive line every day in training camp this year, yet once the regular season started, that training camp Mazi disappeared.
Ridgeway has 0 Tackles for Loss and 0 QB hits in 2 seasons. Bohanna has 3 Tackles for Loss and 1 QB hit in 3 seasons. Mazi has 2 Tackles for Loss and 2 QB hits this season.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Derrick Brown has 56 tackles on the season. Great player. Aaron Donald has 26 tackles on the season. Also a great player. Both have similar snap counts around 700. I'd give my left arm to have Derrick Brown, but you can't tell me Derrick Brown is twice as valuable as Donald because his number of tackles is doubled. It's simply not a great metric to measure a players value on.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Well anyone who has intelligence to start with

What is pressure on one QB like say Chase Daniels is NOT what is pressure on Tom Brady. Correct? All QBs react differently to degrees of pressure. Tackles clearly are not as subjective.
You should pay me for the lesson; since you claim to be from one of the top Tech Schools in the country this all should be obvious to you
Right, so a strawman.

Thanks dunce.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Who cares how many tackles he has. The run defense he is on is 25th in the NFL in yards per attempt.
Their run defense is ranked 18th. Our Cowboys run defense is ranked 13th. Their run defense is average and just slightly behind ours concerning stopping the run. Their pass protection defense is what truly stinks being ranked 28th. That is Their weakness, not the run defense.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Most of his tackles were well past the LoS. My guess is that most of Ridgeway's are too.
Ridgeway is not a LB, he's a NT. If he's making tackles past the line of scrimmage, opposing RBs must be running away from him while he tackles them in pursuit. Much better having a dual threat NT than a one dimensional one.

DakotaReign

JaBoy
Reaction score
I hope we never do it with a premium pick again.

That type of player is just not where the NFL is at.

Awful awful awful pick.
For the life of me I don’t understand how we didn’t see fit to go get Jalen Carter when he fell, but we pulled the trigger on Mazi.