Thoughts on Garrett

cern

Reaction score
Most of you know me as the Garrett Sucks guy, but in all seriousness, I think Garrett is a pretty good coach. My biggest issue with him is that he doesn't seem to have control over his OC. Wether that is because Jerry has him handcuffed or he has too much respect for Linehan to question him, I don't know. Moving forward, I think Jason needs to get more involved in the play calling. He was a hot item as an OC when we hired him, you would figure that he could inject some excitement into Linehans scheme. What do you think of Garrett? Be nice, @Idgit is watching.....
I think just the opposite. He had too much control over lineman who is here to run garrett's offense. The offense will be different this year. Stephen has mandated it. I expect far more autonomy from lineman this year. Garrett lacks creativity.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think just the opposite. He had too much control over lineman who is here to run garrett's offense. The offense will be different this year. Stephen has mandated it. I expect far more autonomy from lineman this year. Garrett lacks creativity.
I think our linemen will be creative too! Lol!! Damn spell check

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Garrett sucks and I have days upon days of evidence to prove it

Example #1: Having 3 weeks to prepare for an injury riddled Green Bay Packers team where we had HFA and going down 21-3 because the team was ill prepared :facepalm:

He had a QB who could've helped to prevent that pathetic start on offense against a D that shouldn't have stopped us at all. Of course he (and Linehan) decided to start a rookie over that All-Pro QB who could've shredded that GB defense with his eyes closed. If he doesn't bench Romo, we blow them out. Garrett has had more than enough time to accomplish much more than he has. Period.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
My biggest beef with JG is his lack of making adjustments. He either can’t or doesn’t want to.

We play great the first half, the opposing teams make adjustments and start kicking our butt. JG is left in the dust with his thumb up his butt.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Had a bacon wrapped dove for dinner last night!!

GenoT

Reaction score
How much were you paid for this??
I’m actually more on the “fire Garrett” side of the fence...but unless the team were to go, say, 1-15 with no excuses, and as long as Jerry still has final say on the HC (he will until he formally retires), Garrett won’t be fired. And you can take that to the bank.

However, IMHO, if we win a SB with Garrett as HC, there will have been a LOT of luck involved.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He had a QB who could've helped to prevent that pathetic start on offense against a D that shouldn't have stopped us at all. Of course he (and Linehan) decided to start a rookie over that All-Pro QB who could've shredded that GB defense with his eyes closed. If he doesn't bench Romo, we blow them out. Garrett has had more than enough time to accomplish much more than he has. Period.
:hammer:

glimmerman

Reaction score
They have taken playcalling away from him so he could concentrate on being HC. Linehan calls the plays from JG playbook that hasn’t been changed. Linehan much like JG seems to be passing coach but running a run based Offense. He claps a lot, calls time outs and throws a challenge flag. He has been given 8 years of on the job training to learn how to be a HC. I think he has hit his ceiling.

After years of JJ changing HC he knew he needed to find one that sticks. He brought in JG as a assistant but wound up giving him the job. I think it was his plan all along. Why wouldn’t he pick him. A Princeton grad, he played in the NFL and played for him on a SB winning team. Played at a position that takes a lot of knowledge. I believe he should have waited longer before giving him the job. If we have a bad year this year or next year then Linehan is the scapegoat and will be the last thing he and JJ can blame it on.

Verdict

Reaction score
The hierarchy as I see it is something like this:

Tier 1: The Hoodie
Tier 2: Includes a few good coaches about on the same level as Garrett (includes Garrett). This tier includes McVay, Peterson (based exclusively on his Super Bowl season, Campbell, Ariens, (who is no longer coaching) Carroll, and a couple of others.
Tier 3. Includes most of the coaches in the NFL. Tomlin sucks. Marvin Lewis Sucks. Mike McCarthy sucks. Jay Gruden sucks. Most of the guys in the NFL suck. That's like 2/3rds of the current coaches---suck.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Most of you know me as the Garrett Sucks guy, but in all seriousness, I think Garrett is a pretty good coach. My biggest issue with him is that he doesn't seem to have control over his OC. Wether that is because Jerry has him handcuffed or he has too much respect for Linehan to question him, I don't know. Moving forward, I think Jason needs to get more involved in the play calling. He was a hot item as an OC when we hired him, you would figure that he could inject some excitement into Linehans scheme. What do you think of Garrett? Be nice, @Idgit is watching.....

I didn’t like him as our OC, and I still don’t like him (as a coach). Garrett should’ve been fired a while back.

Last year when Tony was calling one of our games he stated that Garrett was not an X’s and O’s guy. How is that possible! No wonder we have been so predictable on offense. What a shame because a coach like Pedersen could’ve taken that 2014 team much further with his playbook.

kskboys

Reaction score
The hierarchy as I see it is something like this:

Tier 1: The Hoodie
Tier 2: Includes a few good coaches about on the same level as Garrett (includes Garrett). This tier includes McVay, Peterson (based exclusively on his Super Bowl season, Campbell, Ariens, (who is no longer coaching) Carroll, and a couple of others.
Tier 3. Includes most of the coaches in the NFL. Tomlin sucks. Marvin Lewis Sucks. Mike McCarthy sucks. Jay Gruden sucks. Most of the guys in the NFL suck. That's like 2/3rds of the current coaches---suck.
I think Harbaugh may be above tier 2.

CCBoy

Reaction score
pray-it-causes-miracles.jpg

Blackrain

Reaction score
Opening day of dove season was awesome.
Yep it was cool overcast and the birds were flying . Dogs lasted quite a while and found birds I would never have gotten. If only Garrett was as reliable as a chocolate Lab and a model 12 Winchester .

Winning a SB with Garrett is like huntin grouse with a St Bernard and a Remington 1100 that has a bad O-Ring LOLOL

Last edited: