CFZ Thoughts/opinions about Giants

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Living here in NY, Giant fans are already chirping about being a legitimate contender, where the Jet fans think they are headed to the Super Bowl.

Giant Offense

-This unit is vastly improved from a talent perspective. Waller is their biggest get from the offseason. In the preseason, although in limited snaps, it appears Daniel Jones has a new go to guy in Waller. He is legitimately a nightmare matchup.
-OL is improved, but still in transition. Schmitz, their new center was a favorite of many including me during draft season. He is a huge upgrade. Andrew Thomas is an elite Tackle, but after those two, especially the Guards, they are still very average. Interior pressure would be the area to attack.
-Barkley remains the #1 priority as he has the ability to wreck the game.
-WR's are far improved last time we faced the Giants. Hodkins is a big target and they have crazy, long speed everywhere else: Slayton, Campbell, Hyatt.
-Daniel Jones is one of the better running QB's in this league, he has the ability to pick up first downs with his legs. Force him to beat us using his arm.

Giant Defense

-They spent a lot of resources trying to fix their run defense. A'Shaun Robinson joins Dexter Lawrence and Leonard Williams to form an excellent DL front. They added Okereke to fortify their run defense.
-They have a very good young pass rusher in Thibodeau who gave Tyler Smith fits in their last meeting. Ojulari, when healthy has been very productive. Just added I. Simmons and Boogie Basham. Their DC loves to blitz, so Dak must be good with his pre-snap reads.
-Outside of Adoree Jackson, this unit will struggle against the pass. Banks is a green rookie who should be targeted early on often.

Giants Special Teams

-They have one of the better kickers in this league with Gano.
-Giants struggled with their punt return last season.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I disagree. Most Giants fans are happy with the direction they are moving but don't expect to be legit SB contenders this year and almost all older Jet fans are expecting something to go wrong like it has for 50 years. Perhaps younger/newer fans think how you are stating?

Flamma

Reaction score
I would be absolutely shocked if the Cowboys stomped the Giants in week 1. I think we'll be lucky to get out of their with a win. I am leaning towards a loss.

At the same time, some of these Giants fans are delusional when I see some of their predictions. I see 31-13, 34-17, c'mon. That's never going to happen. They're not all of a sudden this SB contender. They'll be lucky to win a squeaker because our kicker missed a game winning FG.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like their coach this is a tell all season for him. We'll see if there is continued improvement. I hope for our sake there isn't.
I don't see our defense giving up more than 14. If Dak doesn't contribute to their point total we can walk away with a W.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Interesting...

If they are blitzing a lot with no deep help, I think they are going to get burned badly with this new offense. Dak will get the ball our quick to his first read and there's no one to stop the YAC.

You aren't jamming Ceedee off the line either.

F48pTihWEAEBOhh

Last edited:

JayFord

Reaction score
are they improved? of course
they are also giving jones the help he needs so this year you should see progress

Saquon is the key to their offense...the minnesota playoff game was the only game ive seeen Jones take over and look like an elite QB

Their biggest weapon is Daboll...Giants run alot of misdirection (idk if its to give jones more time or thats just his offense)

Kayvon Thibedeaux is a beast!!! idc about stats what he may lack in sacks he makes up for in pass rush and he can take over a game....he has a VERY similar skillset to Micah but not as refined as Micah

Dexter Lawrence is a space eater....he anchors the D so that Kayvon can get 1 on 1 with tackles and Tight ends (kinda what we want in Mazi)

blueblood70

Reaction score
I would be absolutely shocked if the Cowboys stomped the Giants in week 1. I think we'll be lucky to get out of their with a win. I am leaning towards a loss.

At the same time, some of these Giants fans are delusional when I see some of their predictions. I see 31-13, 34-17, c'mon. That's never going to happen. They're not all of a sudden this SB contender. They'll be lucky to win a squeaker because our kicker missed a game winning FG.
They think they have the best coaching staff and the best players now and they literally think they're the best in the NFC East I mean I guess that's OK but that is what Rayman is talking about because I'm seeing it all over Facebook as well these guys think they're winning the NFC East this year goaing away.

4 sure, game one playing a NFC East opponent at their home when they've been stomped for the last eight years by us, I believe they're like what nine and one the last decade against us? I mean they want to beat us way way more than we probably want to beat them. I'm sending you a couple of Black Cats up there now... :huh: :popcorn:

blueblood70

Reaction score
are they improved? of course
they are also giving jones the help he needs so this year you should see progress

Saquon is the key to their offense...the minnesota playoff game was the only game ive seeen Jones take over and look like an elite QB

Their biggest weapon is Daboll...Giants run alot of misdirection (idk if its to give jones more time or thats just his offense)

Kayvon Thibedeaux is a beast!!! idc about stats what he may lack in sacks he makes up for in pass rush and he can take over a game....he has a VERY similar skillset to Micah but not as refined as Micah

Dexter Lawrence is a space eater....he anchors the D so that Kayvon can get 1 on 1 with tackles and Tight ends (kinda what we want in Mazi)
what are you a giants fan I understand what you're saying but we've also improved last year too our game one roster it's light years ahead of where it was last year.. I'm not gonna go through every position just like you did they may have improved but in my opinion we have as well.. Including change a lot of our offense philosophy running back by committee fresher legs better wide receiver core I just think we're a better team this year then last year maybe it won't show in the record I just think the roster is better and it's deeper... NFC East is always gonna be a fight so you can't let your guard down and we're playing on the road so there is a chance we lose that game mean you're on the road and they're hungry for a win because I think we're nine and one in the last 10 games against them

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Living here in NY, Giant fans are already chirping about being a legitimate contender, where the Jet fans think they are headed to the Super Bowl.

Giant Offense

-This unit is vastly improved from a talent perspective. Waller is their biggest get from the offseason. In the preseason, although in limited snaps, it appears Daniel Jones has a new go to guy in Waller. He is legitimately a nightmare matchup.
-OL is improved, but still in transition. Schmitz, their new center was a favorite of many including me during draft season. He is a huge upgrade. Andrew Thomas is an elite Tackle, but after those two, especially the Guards, they are still very average. Interior pressure would be the area to attack.
-WR's are far improved last time we faced the Giants. Hodkins is a big target and they have crazy, long speed everywhere else: Slayton, Campbell, Hyatt.
-Daniel Jones is one of the better running QB's in this league, he has the ability to pick up first downs with his legs. Force him to beat us using his arm.

Giant Defense

-They spent a lot of resources trying to fix their run defense. A'Shaun Robinson joins Dexter Lawrence and Leonard Williams to form an excellent DL front. They added Okereke to fortify their run defense.
-They have a very good young pass rusher in Thibodeau who gave Tyler Smith fits in their last meeting. Ojulari, when healthy has been very productive. Just added I. Simmons and Boogie Basham. Their DC loves to blitz, so Dak must be good with his pre-snap reads.
-Outside of Adoree Jackson, this unit will struggle against the pass. Banks is a green rookie who should be targeted early on often.

Giants Special Teams

Dat's a fair summary IMO

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We beat them by 7 and 8 points last year and they got just as far as we did in the playoffs. They've improved, but so have we, theoretically. We also have big question marks at kicker and what Dak is going to look like with no preseason game time in a new offense. If memory serves it wasn't pretty last year with him not playing in the preseason, and that was with an offense he'd been in for what, 6 years?

I think we will win, but I will in no way be stunned if we lose to them on the road.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Giant Offense

Giant Defense

Giants Special Teams

Waller and their deep speed compliments Barkley very well. They are much harder to guard on offense now.

They will run Barkley all day, hit Waller off play action and go deep off play action with their speed on the outside.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We beat them by 7 and 8 points last year and they got just as far as we did in the playoffs. They've improved, but so have we, theoretically. We also have big question marks at kicker and what Dak is going to look like with no preseason game time in a new offense. If memory serves it wasn't pretty last year with him not playing in the preseason, and that was with an offense he'd been in for what, 6 years?

I think we will win, but I will in no way be stunned if we lose to them on the road.
WAAAAA!!!..............Dak sucks!! WAAAAAA!!!

loublue22

Reaction score

Neither of those games were that close, we handled them.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I think they will be improved but possibly have a worse record than last year.

I don't believe in Jones, and I don't understand the Thibodeaux hype.

12+88=7

Reaction score
I disagree. Most Giants fans are happy with the direction they are moving but don't expect to be legit SB contenders this year and almost all older Jet fans are expecting something to go wrong like it has for 50 years. Perhaps younger/newer fans think how you are stating?
No, Cowboy is right. I live 5 minutes from the Meadowlands and the fanbase is sky high. They believe this is a double digit win team that’s going to make a statement this year.

Week 1 versus Dallas is the launching point. This game is extremely crucial for them.

I personally believe NY is an 8 to 9 win team this year based off the schedule. Make the playoffs as WC again.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Giant Offense

Giant Defense

Giants Special Teams

As much as I despise the Giants fan base, I think no fan base is as arrogant as Jets are right now. I hope they are not getting on your nerves.
Good analysis of the Giants team. I actually have some respect for Jones after that beating he took last season in New Jersey. The kid took it well. You are not a fan of their safeties?