CFZ Thoughts/Opinions about the Eagles!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Another measuring stick type of game in a very hostile environment. Not a must win game, but very important if the Cowboys truly want to win back the divisional crown this season.

Offense

-Once again, another DC from the Vic Fangio coaching tree. Sean Desai is a little more aggressive with his scheme, where he likes to send his linebackers more, but they still have the same principals. Playing shell coverage, keeping everything in front of them. The difference from the 49ers and the Eagles is their linebackers, where the middle of the field should be far easier to exploit.

-Eagles are the best in the league stopping the run, but they are very average stopping the pass. Cowboys have to run enough to prevent the Eagles from pinning their ears back and rushing the passer. Eagles are in the top 5 in total sacks. They have multiple, high end pass rushers.

-Protecting Dak is the key offensively this week, if he has time inside the pocket, he will have success against this defense through the air. The Eagles have had struggles all year defending the slot, will their new addition Byard is used to fix this weakness? If Jobe or Ricks are on Lamb, it is a huge advantage for the Cowboys. TE's also have given this defense some trouble.

-Offense needs to win the time of possession and keep the Eagles high-powered offense off the field. When they get into the red zone, they must score TD's as the defense will have it's hands full this week.

Defense

-Eagles bread and butter still remains with their elite rushing attack. When they get in trouble, they simply run the football down the other team's throats. We all know about the tush push, Cowboys must keep them away from those short distances. After the Eagle lull teams asleep with so many runs, they take their shots down the field. Team who wins the line of scrimmage will win this game.

-Quinn has to throw out those twists and stunts this week, he cannot give Hurts easy lanes to run for 1st downs. The pass rush also must say discipline and stay in their lanes. Teams are almost forced to play a lot of zone coverage cause of Hurt's rushing abilities. When Hurts gets in trouble, he always rolls right and make many sideline passes that extend the drives. The defense has to keep back in their minds, that Hurts will have designed runs even on 3rd and longs.

-Their skilled players are on the same level as the 49ers, Brown is an absolute beast in those 50/50 balls and is hard to tackle into space. Gilmore actually played him well last years with the Colts, he would be ideal to follow him this week. DeVonta Smith is a real great route runner, who can beat you with quickness and deep speed. Goedert is an elite receiving TE. Cowboys Defense cannot allow Goedert to have a similar game as Kittles did against them. They cannot sleep on Swift either as a receiver, he usually eats up linebacker coverages.

-Hurts really struggled against the Jets who also run a similar scheme as Fangio. This only works if the Cowboys have success on the early downs. Jets were able to play extra men in coverage and forced multiple interceptions.

-Their is no question, the Eagles have the best OL in the game. Their only weak spot is at RG, but they are loaded every else. Even if they don't get a ton of sacks, must pressure Hurts to be successful.

Special Teams

-Both teams have money kickers.
-Field position is very important as this should be a tight, defensive type of game.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Eagles seem to be able to do just enough to win games. They Win a lot of close games, and their offense and defense have sputtered at times this year. That said, they are the most talented team in the league with balance on both sides of the ball. We will not be able to run the ball against that front 7.

If we can get Hurts to turn the ball over, we have a chance. Otherwise , I don’t see a road win here.

ghst187

Reaction score
My thoughts.. eagles suck and the city is a toilet with the worst garbage fans in all of sports that deserve to lose every game 100-0.
No idea how Stephen A calls Cowboy fans the most obnoxious…Cowboys fans tend to be some of the classier fans out there meanwhile eagles fans throw batteries and cheer injuries.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
-Protecting Dak is the key offensively this week, if he has time inside the pocket, he will have success against this defense through the air. e
Aree with most, however, I don't like the idea of Dak sitting in the pocket waiting for that DLine to get through, don't make him a sitting target, let's move him on planned sweeps.
On the Defense I think we need to temper our early down pressure (still remember Hurts RPOing Micah to death) last year...maybe shading Micah to MLB (especially on early downs) to counter that expansive/unpredictable run game and will also see him lining up against (as you correctly say) is the weakness at RG....if Kelsie has to shade right to help out against Osa, there may well be gaps up the middle.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Game will come down to the trenches and turnovers. It would really help to get out to a good start on offense. Cowboys offense not nearly as good playing from behind.
That’s what they all come down to totally agree. Once in a while. Strange things happen but most of the time this is it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who have they beaten the proves to me that they’re better than us
Right.
Eagles have not beaten any better teams than what we beat. And, they got beat by the team we beat soundly.
Refs helped them with one win at least, and some lucky breaks in other games with huge blunders by the other teams.

Now all the that means nothing, as they are 7-1. But at least our wins were never in question. We had thud losses though.

So come KO, throw out the records, it is a rival game. But I have not been all that impressed with the Eagles, but they are still a good team, well coached.
I am sure there are Eagles fans, many on here, that will say they have not been impressed with us either. Then again they never like anything we do.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another measuring stick type of game in a very hostile environment. Not a must win game, but very important if the Cowboys truly want to win back the divisional crown this season.
This is absolutely a must win game. There are 3 games on the schedule this year where you can see how your team measures up to the others in the conference. SF, PHIL and PHIL. The Cowboys were embarrassed in the first one. If Sunday isn't a must win then there aren't any on the schedule this year.

With regards to the division, it doesn't matter if the Cowboys win it or not. They will make the playoffs. Especially with the expanded field with 3 wildcards. They have to get past SF and PHIL no matter what. We will get some answers Sunday.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You want my thoughts of what I think in Eagles

https://media.giphy.com/media/2LDoAYlXEB5jq/giphy-downsized-large.gif
giphy-downsized-large.gif

blueblood70

Reaction score
Right.
Eagles have not beaten any better teams than what we beat. And, they got beat by the team we beat soundly.
Refs helped them with one win at least, and some lucky breaks in other games with huge blunders by the other teams.

Now all the that means nothing, as they are 7-1. But at least our wins were never in question. We had thud losses though.

So come KO, throw out the records, it is a rival game. But I have not been all that impressed with the Eagles, but they are still a good team, well coached.
I am sure there are Eagles fans, many on here, that will say they have not been impressed with us either. Then again they never like anything we do.
Correct Miami on paper is a better win, however we saw that game they got ripped off by the referees and Miami was missing four key players... Yet when we go play miamis they're gonna probably be at full strength and we're probably gonna have a problem with them and we're not gonna get help from the zebras because we never do... No one keeps this into perspective This is why we call this a week to week league it's not who you play it's when you play them you have to go to each game and unfold that storyline to know what really happened and why somebody won or lost because the head-to-head crap common opponent it doesn't work because if they're missing players in one game they're not missing him another game that's not a clear comp..

And you're correct it's a rival game you throw out the records but the fact is we're playing on the road in cooler weather outdoors is not our thing lately... Most people would see this as a split anyway coming into the year and we most likely losing in their home and we are what we eleven wins in a row at our home yeah this is gonna be a tough win and you gotta give them a little bit of their flowers they are seven and one they did win the division last year they did go to the Super bowl last year and they're still ahead of us this year...​
If this team wants to get over the hump get past the mental aspect of losing on the road especially to Arizona and San Francisco already this year the two blown leads last year to Jacksonville and Green Bay, they're gonna have to win this game..​
If we lose this game I'm gonna have to ignore all sports channels radio stations and probably all these forums for the first six days until the next game no way I'll be able to deal with the blowback from another loss to another good team on the road on grass or whatever the **** they have it's not working for us....​

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You're wrong; this is a must-win game.
I assume you mean that in regards to winning the division or getting home field advantage in the playoffs.
On that I would concur.

However, it's not a must win game in other ways, a loss leaves us at 5-3, there are 11 NFC teams that have at least 4 losses, so Dallas still controls their destiny for getting in the playoffs.

No doubt a win would be huge, putting us in a tie with the Iggles and we would get to play them again in the cozy confines of Jerry world. Glad we're at their place now rather than in December. Forecast for sunny and high of 63 Sunday, perfect football weather.

Iggles also have a tough next 4 games or so after this one, Dallas follows this game with Giants and Panthers, easier than Philly, Cowboys need to make hay in those games, win or lose in Philly....

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Should be a great game. Running the ball will be very tough sledding, but they give up their share of passing yards and points. We'll need at least 2 turnovers and the passing game will have to be on point I think. I still think we most likely split with them and lose this one.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
I assume you mean that in regards to winning the division or getting home field advantage in the playoffs.
On that I would concur..
All games are must-win. If we don't get into the playoffs because we lost two more games, then those were must-win games. If we don't get homefield advantage because we lost to the eagles, then that was a must-win game.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good team-
Better GM-
One of the best OL, Very good defensive line
Really good weapons at offensive skill positions.
Vile fan base-

Will be a very good test, I do expect them to split games but i'd love Dallas to sweep them.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is absolutely a must win game. There are 3 games on the schedule this year where you can see how your team measures up to the others in the conference. SF, PHIL and PHIL. The Cowboys were embarrassed in the first one. If Sunday isn't a must win then there aren't any on the schedule this year.

With regards to the division, it doesn't matter if the Cowboys win it or not. They will make the playoffs. Especially with the expanded field with 3 wildcards. They have to get past SF and PHIL no matter what. We will get some answers Sunday.
So in your first paragraph you say it’s a must-win game. Then in your second you say the Cowboys will make the playoffs anyway and it doesn’t matter if they win the division. If that’s true, how can this possibly be a must-win game?

visionary

Reaction score
On defense RPO has been kryptonite for Quinn. He and our defense need to understand they cannot play hero ball with stunts. This game is about discipline, tackling, gap control

Please please please DO NOT play parsons at DE. Play real DEs and play parsons at MLB to control the run and set the edges with DEs

Would have been great if we had acquired a real RB instead of having to roll with Pollard. I expect very little from the run game which will put more pressure on Dak and play right into the Eagles hands