News: Three Reasons Ezekiel Elliott Will Bounce Back in 2021

John813

Reaction score
He's entering year 6, which IIRC was the last peak year for running backs such as AP, LT and ES.

Considering his prior performances, I'm not sure he'll bounce back to his rookie/first half 2017 performance.

His mindset is to be a 3-4 "hard nose" yard RB instead of a guy making a defender miss. Too many hits won't prolong his career

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hilarious how it was ALL zeke until last year when the O line fell apart and then suddenly it was their fault. So I guess all the people that said the majority of his success was due to the O line and could be replicated by most starting RB’s in the league (minus his 2016 season) were right. But noooooooooo....we were told zeke could have similar success behind ANY O line, that’s what made him so special, that’s why he was worth the big contract. What happened?

I hope when this loser is released or traded he leaves this state and never comes back. LEAVE zeke, I can smell your loser stench a few miles from The Star.

Nobody said that,. Stop lying.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thread should have ended here. Zeke is no longer the back he was in 2016. He'll be released the first chance it's financially possible to do so. This shouldn't even be an argument.
Dumpster fire of a season for the offense...who got 2 quarterbacks killed because they couldn't hold a pocket...and all ya'll dumping on Zeke.

Good ol' zone. Almost as ridiculous as the ranch.

quickccc

Reaction score
Even if Zeke is better next year, he will never be what he was 2016-19. RBs that play like he does and have carried such a huge workload all the way back to his college days almost never have big rebounds. It’s why NFL teams hoisting Lombardis these days don’t sink a ton of cap space on a RB.

That sounds like you're assuming he's just too beaten up and worn down to be back to the 2016 Zeke.
If it really is a pounding wear toll thing, then I can see and say i doubt he will ever be a breakaway back again. Those type never seem to bounce back anew.
if it's a bulk-conditioning thing,(like it end to believe) then I can say there's a relative chance to re-conditioning him back to that particular form.

To me it's the 2016-2017 Zeke i'm after to return again.
After 2017, we never saw patented home run again not even the quick screen to payday (ala Pittsburgh, Niners)

With Lombardies, does that mean the Ravens....Titans or Cleveland should toss away what they do best in rushing the ball and force their QBs to become Mahomes-Brady-Rodgers ?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Unless the first point in the article is “he is going to eat more salads”

I don’t want to read it.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I gather the same gist from every Zeke thread....

If the OL and passing game are elite, he has a shot to be an above average RB....if he wants it that is.

I'm sure he WANTS it....but is too immature to realize that he needs to work for it at this point in his life.

I promise this guy writes a book in 2030 about how he didn't care at all during this period and threw away what should have been a HOF career.

GMO415

Reaction score
We need the OL and DL to get better. EzE isn't the problem.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Valid points. All of them. Zeke is used to being the
best at his position. He wants to be there again. A healthy oline and Dak back will certainly help.

Im not giving up on Zeke just yet. It was a bad season for the entire TEAM.
I think Moore is part or biggest problem with the running game no matter who to.

quickccc

Reaction score
I suspect he'll be just fine in 2021 but the reality is he's not a game changing talent anymore like he was as a rookie.

We are stuck with that contract (and it might get worse as he could be a restructure candidate to get more cap space) so you have to hope he rebounds.

if he is not a game changer anymore, that's not just fine with me.
That's way too much high investment for a guy to be just fine.

that's not why you take him No.4 overall ..and not why you made him among top highest paid RB in NFL.
We need him to be dynamic. we need him to be the fear factor that has defenses on pin-needles on every single play and down, anytime he touches
the ball per run per pass.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
DUR EVERYTHING SUCKS DUR, ZEKE SUCKS, JERRY SUCKS, DAK SUCKS, THE COWBOYS WILL NEVER WIN ANYTHING UNTIL JERRY THE OWNER FIRES JERRY THE GM, DURRRRR, TYRON IS WASHED, DURRR, THE COWBOYS SHOULD LET DAK WALK AND HOPE THEY CAN REPLACE HIM DURRR. I'M POOR AND STUPID AND UNSUCCESSFUL AT LIFE WHICH IS REFLECTED IN MY IDIOTIC AND UNINFORMED GOOD OL' BOY TAKES ON THE TEAM. DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I ACTUALLY PREFER THE COWBOYS LOSING BECAUSE IT'S MORE FUN TO COME ON A FORUM AND COMPLAIN AND HATE EVERYONE ON THE TEAM AND ALLEDGE THEY ARE ALL LAZY AND COMPLACENT THAN IT IS TO BE POSITIVE AND ROOT FOR THE PLAYERS WHO WEAR THE STAR. DURRRRRP.

foofighters

Reaction score
LOL at Elliott's tweet "Whoever that is, is faded lol". He's the one that was faded. All those fumbles. What the heck man?

I want to see this guy rebound because he sucked compared to his contract last year. But how likely is that?
How many fumbles did he have from the last half of the year as compared to the first?

Praxit

Reaction score
...sounds optimistic and pragmatic. Lets give the benefit of the doubt. The guy is still young enough for another 4-5 good years.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That sounds like you're assuming he's just too beaten up and worn down to be back to the 2016 Zeke.
If it really is a pounding wear toll thing, then I can see and say i doubt he will ever be a breakaway back again. Those type never seem to bounce back anew.
if it's a bulk-conditioning thing,(like it end to believe) then I can say there's a relative chance to re-conditioning him back to that particular form.

To me it's the 2016-2017 Zeke i'm after to return again.
After 2017, we never saw patented home run again not even the quick screen to payday (ala Pittsburgh, Niners)

With Lombardies, does that mean the Ravens....Titans or Cleveland should toss away what they do best in rushing the ball and force their QBs to become Mahomes-Brady-Rodgers ?
Here’s what I mean about Zeke’s workload going back to college. Since his Soph year at Ohio State, Zeke has had 2,271 touches. 1,654 of them in the NFL, where he has had the most combined touches the last 5 years.

In other words, he has had an enormous work load. And to Zeke’s credit, he has been incredibly durable. But the style of runner he is- a physical, punishing style takes a toll. Zeke reminds me somewhat of Earl Campbell. A physical runner who at one time also had breakaway speed, Earl was worn out after 5 years. Campbell’s first 5 years were dominant. In his last 4 he rushed for 1,000 yards one time, and was a shell of his former self.

Zeke isn’t done. But his days of being a breakaway, dominant type back are most likely over.

quickccc

Reaction score
I think Moore is part or biggest problem with the running game no matter who to.

He is.

- Kellen has been a big problem in how he designs the run game and doesn't involve the RB in the pass game. they've been limited to
just blitz blockers instead of quick screens, isolations , quick flair swing passes vs LBs (last seen vs ATL ?)
Pollard is being so wasted here under Kellen.
For what he so effectively does schematic wise with the WRs and TEs route designs and roles, he seems just opposite limited when it comes to the RBs,

- I often wondered If Pollard were with a OC that was expertise in RB in pass game, Pollard would be mismatch for most defenses
and easily one of the better nickel backs/change of pace nickel backs in NFL. (Tarik Cohen, Austin ekeler, Nyhien Hines, etc)

- It wasn't until very late in the year were we visibly seen with dumping ball off to backs in pass game. And we're so simplistic and predictable with our
run game -it seems like the same kind of run every time. Right up the gut middle, design or RPO draw plays, seldom to never on the edges,
always same formations.

- Its not just Kellen, ..the HC McCarthy should've been very suggestive (insisting?) to his asst. coach in implementing better design and involvement with the RBs.
Its his team, he's the overseer and if he knows ways that could improve this offense - he has to place a foot print in this. :(

Rayman70

Reaction score
I have 3 reasons: La'el Collins, Tyron(if healthy), and Zack Martin. The caveat I guess is we HAVE to get Dak signed longterm and he needs to be healthy.