Thursday Night Football!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The offense could have helped more, though, by scoring TDs in the red zone. Team game takes all three phases firing on all cylinders to win. The offense fired the best, but not as good as it could have. The defense fired primarily by getting turnovers to compensate some for its failures. The special teams deserved to be fired.
The offense scored 29 pts. Teams should win scoring that much. I agree that the red zone offense needs to improve because for the Cowboys to beat a team like the Bucs they have to play absolutely perfect on offense.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I wanted Ramsey. A lot didn’t want him because he didn’t make plays in college and some even thought he couldn’t transition to corner.

If Zeke could’ve played at his pre-suspension level for longer then I’d still be cool with the Zeke pick because he was awesome but in the long run Ramsey would’ve definitely been the right pick.

I can’t stand Ramsey so in a way I’m glad I don’t have to cheer for him.
I wanted Ramsey even before Dallas got the 4th overall pick that year. Debated many on his ability as a lockdown guy.

Granted I'm with you on his mouth and attitude though. Im ok with it on the field, cause Dallas needs that but off the field they need to be more humble or less of a jack ...

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Nice to see some good run blocking - cant remember the last time I saw that with our O-line

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The offense could have helped more, though, by scoring TDs in the red zone. Team game takes all three phases firing on all cylinders to win. The offense fired the best, but not as good as it could have. The defense fired primarily by getting turnovers to compensate some for its failures. The special teams deserved to be fired.
So special teams needed to be fired but offense should have done more..... makes sense, i like the logic

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about a holding call refs, to make up for the one against the giants.

khiladi

Reaction score
Garrett was not bad. He did the best he could with the Joneses.Several teams wanted him. The Ravens wanted him and they are one of the best franchises in the league. It tough to win with the Jerrah under cutting you. Garrett developed and supported Dak when Jerrah wanted broke back Romo back out there.

He was horrible. The Ravens wanted him off the season he rode off the coat-tails of Sparano. Then they called him out after they ended up with Harbaugh who ended up winning championships. When rumors were afloat that the Rams were going to hire him, the FO was inundated with calls from fans furious and they denied it ever happening.

Jones gave Garrett the biggest leash ever and did everything in his power to let him succeed. Jones gave Garrett all the space he needed, and leveraged draft picks to get Roy Williams in an attempt to help his stagnating offense. If he was anywhere else, he would have been fired long ago.

black label

Reaction score
Untitled-design-62-770x385.jpg

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He was horrible. The Ravens wanted him off the season he rode off the coat-tails of Sparano. Then they called him out after they ended up with Harbaugh who ended up winning championships. When rumors were afloat that the Rams were going to hire him, the FO was inundated with calls from fans furious and they denied it ever happening.

Jones gave Garrett the biggest leash ever and did everything in his power to let him succeed. Jones gave Garrett all the space he needed, and leveraged draft picks to get Roy Williams in an attempt to help his stagnating offense. If he was anywhere else, he would have been fired long ago.
Jerrah gives no one the power to succeed. The Cowboys are his baby. I will agree the Joneses listened to Garrett more then others.

khiladi

Reaction score
Jerrah gives no one the power to succeed. The Cowboys are his baby. I will agree the Joneses listened to Garrett more then others.

Romo wasn’t even in game planning meetings until he forced it in 2013. That’s when power started to be stripped from Garrett. That’s when his brother was allowed to “move on” without being fired, while Jerry fired everybody else including guys like Skip Peete. Jerry allowed Linehan to come here instead of completely revamping the offense, Linehan working with Garrett in Miami. Dooley was another guy, who Jason took with him to NY. Houck came because of Garrett, when supposedly Wade wanted Solari.

Jason was Jerry’s hand-picked Golden boy that would have redeemed, in his own eyes, the whole Jimmy Johnson is the reason they won.