Tick, tock, tick, tock. well?

khiladi

Reaction score
That is ridiculous. Kraft went to bat for Brady and he was still suspended. Or do you put 100% of the blame on Kraft?

That was the path of least resistance for the NFL, because otherwise they would have implicated Bellichek for cheating once again and the fact that Goodell was seen a week before parting at Kraft's house wouldn't help the cause that the NFL turns a blind eye to the Patriots. Ever since Spygate, that relationship has been in question.

And Bill Bellichek himself was getting ansy his original Press Conferences when people were putting deflategate in the context of Spygate and questioning his legacy.

Last edited:

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
How about Zeke conduct himself like a professional Football player and therefore wouldn't give the NFL constant incidents to investigate, because but for his conduct off the field, he wouldn't be facing an investigation and possible suspension.

How about the NFL show some consistency in their guidelines of punishment?

The NFL is investigating EE because his ex-girlfriend accused him of battering her on 2 different occasions.

That's what is getting overlooked in all of this. It's all about his ex-girlfriend accusing him of assaulting her on two different occasions.

*If* that is truly not what the NFL is going after EE then they are being hypocritical because they have never gone after another player that visited a pot dispensary or that was caught going 30 mph over the speed limit or got into 2 car accidents or pulled one of the top down for a millisecond of a female friend who never complained to anybody.

The bar scene incident didn't prompt the investigation. The ex-gf's accusations did. And the NFL has taken over 1 year to investigate the incident which is unprecedented.

My hope is that Goodell is trying to be extra careful this time to make sure he doesn't have another Ray Rice fiasco on his hands. But the fact still remains that there has been a double standard set for the Cowboys and EE.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
That is ridiculous. Kraft went to bat for Brady and he was still suspended. Or do you put 100% of the blame on Kraft?

Big difference is that Kraft got a huge pass with SpyGate. The league destroyed the evidence and told the other owners that there was nothing to see. Furthermore, Goodell had to go in front of Congress to explain his coverup.

Belichick should have been suspended for at least 1-year and Goodell could have done so because there is no CBA for coaches that Goodell would have to adhere to.

When Brady cheated and destroyed his phone as evidence, Goodell was put in a bind and had the other 31 owners wondering why he would give the Pats a slap on the wrist for SpyGate and, at the time, DeflateGate. Goodell chose the other route and vigorously went after Brady to restore some faith in the other 31 owners.

Jerry took the salary cap penalty lying down when he was perfectly within his legal right to do what he did. Unless some real damaging evidence is presented...if EE gets suspended for even 1-game and Jerry takes it laying down then he deserves to be viewed as gutless and partially to blame.

YR

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
That was the path of least resistance for the NFL, because otherwise they would have implicated Bellichek for cheating once again and the fact that Goodell was seen a week before parting at Kraft's house wouldn't help the cause that the NFL turns a blind eye to the Patriots. Ever since Spygate, that relationship has been in question.

And Bill Bellichek himself was getting ansy his original Press Conferences when people were putting deflategate in the context of Spygate and questioning his legacy.

The point of your comment though was due to Jerry saying something you would fault him for Zeke being suspended. Kraft said a lot publicly as well. So how is that in your eyes not his fault? If Kraft never said anything then would a "path of least resistance" even been necessary?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Big difference is that Kraft got a huge pass with SpyGate. The league destroyed the evidence and told the other owners that there was nothing to see. Furthermore, Goodell had to go in front of Congress to explain his coverup.

Belichick should have been suspended for at least 1-year and Goodell could have done so because there is no CBA for coaches that Goodell would have to adhere to.

When Brady cheated and destroyed his phone as evidence, Goodell was put in a bind and had the other 31 owners wondering why he would give the Pats a slap on the wrist for SpyGate and, at the time, DeflateGate. Goodell chose the other route and vigorously went after Brady to restore some faith in the other 31 owners.

Jerry took the salary cap penalty lying down when he was perfectly within his legal right to do what he did. Unless some real damaging evidence is presented...if EE gets suspended for even 1-game and Jerry takes it laying down then he deserves to be viewed as gutless and partially to blame.

YR

My comment is responding to the notion it would be 100% Jerry's fault for publicly defending Zeke and stating no suspension is in order based on the evidence he is aware of. Again that would be ridiculous.

I was not comparing the situations (Brady vs Zeke).

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
My comment is responding to the notion it would be 100% Jerry's fault for publicly defending Zeke and stating no suspension is in order based on the evidence he is aware of. Again that would be ridiculous.

I was not comparing the situations (Brady vs Zeke).

Here's Khiladi's quote:

I would put this all on Jerry if Zeke is suspended. This would solidify him being a push-over in the owner circle in my eyes as far as I am concerned. The guy makes them so much money, but accepts favoritism against his team like this.

I appreciate you trying to clear it up, but I think you may have misunderstood Khiladi's point. It's not about Jerry stating that EE shouldn't be suspended. It's about *if* EE gets suspended then Jerry would be to blame because he's letting Goodell (and Mara) push him over again. Especially since Jerry has made the league a massive amount of money recently.

YR

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
How about the NFL show some consistency in their guidelines of punishment?

The NFL is investigating EE because his ex-girlfriend accused him of battering her on 2 different occasions.

That's what is getting overlooked in all of this. It's all about his ex-girlfriend accusing him of assaulting her on two different occasions.

*If* that is truly not what the NFL is going after EE then they are being hypocritical because they have never gone after another player that visited a pot dispensary or that was caught going 30 mph over the speed limit or got into 2 car accidents or pulled one of the top down for a millisecond of a female friend who never complained to anybody.

The bar scene incident didn't prompt the investigation. The ex-gf's accusations did. And the NFL has taken over 1 year to investigate the incident which is unprecedented.

My hope is that Goodell is trying to be extra careful this time to make sure he doesn't have another Ray Rice fiasco on his hands. But the fact still remains that there has been a double standard set for the Cowboys and EE.

YR

iirc, the league has said it cannot do anything to players who are alleged to have done bad acts before being drafted, yet here, they are investigating for an event that happened before he was drafted

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
iirc, the league has said it cannot do anything to players who are alleged to have done bad acts before being drafted, yet here, they are investigating for an event that happened before he was drafted

The league hasn't been clear on that since they did suspend Terelle Pryor for something he did before being drafted. The other issue is that the 2nd accusation against EE was after the draft.

I can see the league's point of the investigation because you have to wonder why somebody would get back with a woman is she already falsely accused you of assault. But, the same could be said for a woman that was supposedly assaulted by a man as well.

YR

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
The league hasn't been clear on that since they did suspend Terelle Pryor for something he did before being drafted. The other issue is that the 2nd accusation against EE was after the draft.

I can see the league's point of the investigation because you have to wonder why somebody would get back with a woman is she already falsely accused you of assault. But, the same could be said for a woman that was supposedly assaulted by a man as well.

YR

Didn't the league make the comment about not going after players for pre draft things just this year?

As for the second accusation, if after the draft, but before last season, that still does not explain taking so long, which really is the important issue.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Here's Khiladi's quote:

I would put this all on Jerry if Zeke is suspended. This would solidify him being a push-over in the owner circle in my eyes as far as I am concerned. The guy makes them so much money, but accepts favoritism against his team like this.

I appreciate you trying to clear it up, but I think you may have misunderstood Khiladi's point. It's not about Jerry stating that EE shouldn't be suspended. It's about *if* EE gets suspended then Jerry would be to blame because he's letting Goodell (and Mara) push him over again. Especially since Jerry has made the league a massive amount of money recently.

YR

Hmm perhaps and I can see where I misunderstood @khiladi's point. And if so I apologize @khiladi :)