Tick, tock, tick, tock. well?

hobbs

Reaction score
Okay, so it happened at 9:40 on a Sunday night. My bad. Zeke was there when the fight happened, and whether he was involved or not and whether we like it or not, the league is going to consider the incident when they're deciding Zeke's punishment. No doubt in my mind. That was my point.

The problem is the league could NEVER admit that.

How the heck do you fine or suspend someone who was a bystander to events.
This isn't Nam, there are rules here. Without rules what we have is a rolling lynch mob.

erod

Reaction score
Okay, so it happened at 9:40 on a Sunday night. My bad. Zeke was there when the fight happened, and whether he was involved or not and whether we like it or not, the league is going to consider the incident when they're deciding Zeke's punishment. No doubt in my mind. That was my point.

Dak Prescott was there, too.

erod

Reaction score
There's nothing clear to me, least of all the league's policy on suspensions. I just know when a player is found browsing a weed store, exposes a woman in public, is accused of domestic violence and is at least present during a wee hours bar fight, the league is going to do something, and I'm not surprised at the foot dragging at all. But the idea that the NFL is out to get Jerry, Zeke and the Cowboys just does not make sense to me. When the cowboys are cruising the league is cruising. Success in Dallas means success all over the league, so it makes the most sense to me that Goodell is taking his good old time because he doesn't know what to do. I think if we weren't talking about a hot young star, the suspension would've been handed down a long time ago. According to ESPN, there are a lot of owners in the commissioner's ear.

This is what bothers me. What say should they have in any of this?

khiladi

Reaction score
I would put this all on Jerry if Zeke is suspended. This would solidify him being a push-over in the owner circle in my eyes as far as I am concerned. The guy makes them so much money, but accepts favoritism against his team like this.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I would put this all on Jerry if Zeke is suspended. This would solidify him being a push-over in the owner circle in my eyes as far as I am concerned. The guy makes them so much money, but accepts favoritism against his team like this.

That is ridiculous. Kraft went to bat for Brady and he was still suspended. Or do you put 100% of the blame on Kraft?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I've accepted that a suspension will be announced. I just want this thing to be strung out long enough that Zeke plays vs NYG on opening night, and that investigator has to watch Zeke hopefully rip thru her favorite team on national TV.

Try to maneuver perhaps a lessened a 1-2 game suspension somewhere around that LA Rams game at home. That's a W either way. Cue up Pac Man Jones...

superonyx

Reaction score
I'd put it on Goodell for dropping the ball with Ray Rice and Josh Brown...and then the NFLPA for being such a weak pushover of a union and letting it get far.

superonyx

Reaction score

superonyx

Reaction score
The date of formal request for the preservation of documents is what matters.

If Zeke threw his phone into a river on any day before the request was submitted the league is SOL. You can't retroactively penalize someone for a infraction before it became an infraction. Normally any investigative body will formally request the preservation of all documents within days.
Normally an investigative body means law enforcement....you know the people sworn to uphold the law...the ones who the state give powers to take away our freedom...not your employer...

VACowboy

Reaction score
The problem is the league could NEVER admit that.

Of course not. Why would they do that?

How the heck do you fine or suspend someone who was a bystander to events.

This isn't Nam, there are rules here. Without rules what we have is a rolling lynch mob.

The league is governed by a collective bargaining agreement, not the government's laws or society's morals. Laws and morals have an effect on what Goodell decides of course, but player punishment has been left pretty much to the commissioner's discretion. Tom Brady challenged that power in the courts already and lost.

Dak Prescott was there, too.

Prescott has been a model citizen since he entered the league and nobody has accused him of punching anybody in the face. That matters. Unlike a lot of people, I don't believe that the league is looking for reasons to suspend Cowboys players. Zeke just has a history of incident involvement and bad decisions that the league isn't going to overlook.

Just FYI: I disagree with the league that it has a responsibility to enforce laws and establish morals. It's beyond me how a guy who is found innocent or isn't prosecuted by law can deserve punishment by his employer, but that's the way it works in more places than just the NFL. I do understand that it's all about protecting an image.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Already looking to discredit the messenger. Lol

I'm not sure why we can't look outside our passion of the game to the tough decisions which must be made by the league ?

Have you given thought to the possibility that YOU may be wrong?
You have put yourself way high up on this pedestal... the great original Cowboys fan.
Whatever that means.

Robert Kraft spoke at length, even held a press conference, claiming his player was innocent.
You're balling up every Zeke story to be true. Even those that have been debunked.
You blame Jerry Jones for everything because you hate the man you "met" in an elevator
shortly after he bought the team. Envy is an ugly color. You should change your look.

Perhaps you are the gullible one.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I'm not sure it needs to be illegal to be considered detrimental to the league ?
Brady deflating balls wasn't illegal .

There is a minimum air required in an NFL game football.
A deflated football is against the rules. Hence, illegal.

And also total bs since it didn't affect the outcome of the game in any way.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is what bothers me. What say should they have in any of this?
The league is an accumulative ownership and they negotiate the players union , tv contracts and sponsorships as one group. This isn't each team on their own and the strongest survive.

There's an interest at stake for all of the teams. If they believe there's one owner or team who is pushing the boundaries and compromising the entire group then yes, they should have a say,

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Today, right? Surely, no later than tomorrow. This is way past the point of absurdity.

It's time for the NFL to announce what, if any, suspension is going to be given to Zeke Elliott. The team needs to know so it can prepare. Zeke needs to know so he can contemplate his appeal.

More than a year, and nothing? The NFL should be investigated for its colossally inept ability to conduct an investigation.

Actually, come to think of it, I'm a bit torn. If he was suspended today and he appealed, then Goodell could perhaps hear that appeal before the start of the season and still keep Zeke out of the Giants game. (This, I'm convinced, is the Mara's plan working in the background.)

However, if the league continues to wait, that appeal hearing won't be scheduled until after Week 1, and the Giants will get a lathered-up and pissed-off Zeke to start the season.

Bottom line, there simply isn't enough here to suspend a player over. I think the league has cornered itself with that reality, and they don't know what to do. They want to suspend, but they know how weak their case is, and it could set a dangerous precedent for future CBA negotiations.

What a joke.
If I were the Commanders or Eagles I would also be pissed that the Gmen are always landing the first game with us since we're so vulnerable to suspensions. You'd think they (other division foes)may want the league to review the game schedules so everyone else may benefit from our teams history of suspended starters.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There is a minimum air required in an NFL game football.
A deflated football is against the rules. Hence, illegal.

And also total bs since it didn't affect the outcome of the game in any way.
I was replying to a post that said if Zeke didn't break the law there shouldn't be a suspension.
Brady broke the rules not the law.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Have you given thought to the possibility that YOU may be wrong?
You have put yourself way high up on this pedestal... the great original Cowboys fan.
Whatever that means.

Robert Kraft spoke at length, even held a press conference, claiming his player was innocent.
You're balling up every Zeke story to be true. Even those that have been debunked.
You blame Jerry Jones for everything because you hate the man you "met" in an elevator
shortly after he bought the team. Envy is an ugly color. You should change your look.

Perhaps you are the gullible one.
Of course I could be wrong. I'm only presenting my thoughts and opinions . Last time I checked this was an open forum for sharing, exchanging, expressing and arguing our opinions.

I enjoy sharing my experiences I've had following the Cowboys closely for over 50 years try to provide an unbiased perspective on some of these issues that perhaps everyone hasn't considered or don't want to. I like asking the tough questions and not afraid to take on status quo however unpopular.

I include my personal information in an attempt to present evidence of a deeper insight into my perspective . I suppose you can use it against me if you don't agree but I see my close up experiences and life long fandom as an insight not all can provide. I was closer than most for over 40 years.

Now if you don't agree with my message I reckon you can use it against me to somehow elevate yourself or discredit me in someway because you are more aligned with the status quo coming out of the front office.

I've always claimed to only be a fan of the sum which is the Dallas Cowboys not all of the moving parts including players, coaches, owners and front office much like you would support your country without supporting the leadership , their policies and direction. Thanks

Silverstar

Reaction score
giphy.gif