Tiger gives up $750M in divorce settlement

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
casmith07;3447735 said:
Yeah, someone that demands $750M for not doing anything but marrying Tiger Woods and having a couple of kids.

And you may try as you might, but nobody on this forum or anywhere else is going to convince me to budge from my stance on the whole thing.

Bob Sacamano;3447747 said:
Dude, she was a nanny before she met Tiger.

Lmao. A gold digger is a person that marries for the sole purpose of getting money. There wasn't ANY evidence of her doing that before Tiger's whole ordeal. For god's sake, she had TWO kids with him, that TOTALLY screams gold digger...:rolleyes:

Yes, its a crap load of money, but who wouldn't go for as much as they could? For instance, you get hit by a car, would you sue only for $10,000, KNOWING you could get $100,000? My gut tells me you would go for the $100k every damn time.

She wasn't the person that cheated, she has all the right to go for that money. Plus, we have no clue what kind of or if they even had some kind of pre-nup.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I told you that I'm not budging. People don't get $750M in wrongful death suits or malpractice suits.

If you know her address, let me know what it is - I want to send her a helmet-light and a pick axe.

Your gut would also be wholly wrong, as I'm not the kind of person that would file a lawsuit for getting hit by a car. But a valiant effort to make a broad generalization and assumption about my character in an attempt to prove your point. I applaud you.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
ajk23az;3447755 said:
Lmao. A gold digger is a person that marries for the sole purpose of getting money. There wasn't ANY evidence of her doing that before Tiger's whole ordeal. For god's sake, she had TWO kids with him, that TOTALLY screams gold digger...:rolleyes:

Yes, its a crap load of money, but who wouldn't go for as much as they could? For instance, you get hit by a car, would you sue only for $10,000, KNOWING you could get $100,000? My gut tells me you would go for the $100k every damn time.

She wasn't the person that cheated, she has all the right to go for that money. Plus, we have no clue what kind of or if they even had some kind of pre-nup.

A gold-digger is also someone who marries well above their station in life.

ajk23az

Reaction score
casmith07;3447758 said:
I told you that I'm not budging. People don't get $750M in wrongful death suits or malpractice suits.

If you know her address, let me know what it is - I want to send her a helmet-light and a pick axe.

Your gut would also be wholly wrong, as I'm not the kind of person that would file a lawsuit for getting hit by a car. But a valiant effort to make a broad generalization and assumption about my character in an attempt to prove your point. I applaud you.

:laugh2: Talks cheap online.

ajk23az

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3447761 said:
A gold-digger is also someone who marries well above their station in life.

So people can't marry someone else richer than them or else they are considered a gold digger? Riiighhtt...

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
ajk23az;3447765 said:
:laugh2: Talks cheap online.

Believe what you want. If you've got any questions about my character, look up the man in my avatar to see who I try to pattern my life after.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
ajk23az;3447767 said:
So people can't marry someone else richer than them or else they are considered a gold digger? Riiighhtt...

Exactly. The only motive of marrying someone rich is to live comfortably on someone else's dollar.

ajk23az

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3447770 said:
Exactly. The only motive of marrying someone rich is to live comfortably on someone else's dollar.

:rolleyes: Figures..

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Meh, If she can get it, she should. Tiger is the idiot in this whole mess all the way around.

Rich as all get out idiot, though.

DFWJC

Reaction score
ajk23az;3447626 said:
He was an idiot, but there is no way she deserves 750 million...good grief.

If you want to prevent people for marrying based on wealth (gold digging or whatever) then maybe there should be some kind cap. Let's say 10X average income of an Amercian family--which is still crazy.

Now if someone making a million a year gives up their job to stay home at the reqeust of the spouse, then maybe that amount time the number of years married would be the max.

The guy had all his income potential before he married her, so to me this is just nuts. Fault has little to do with it by the way. A close buddy of mine's wife slept around on him for years before he finally called it off--he stayed faithful throught.
She still took him to the cleaners with millions.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DFWJC;3447799 said:
He was an idiot, but there is no way she deserves 750 million...good grief.

If you want to prevent people for marrying based on wealth (gold digging or whatever) then maybe there should be some kind cap. Let's say 10X average income of an Amercian family--which is still crazy.

Now if someone making a million a year gives up their job to stay home at the reqeust of the spouse, then maybe that amount time the number of years married would be the max.

The guy had all his income potential before he married her, so to me this is just nuts. Fault has littel to do with it by the way, A close buddy of mine's wife slept around on him for years before he finally called it off--he stayed faithful throught.

I think settlements like these should be based on worth, and what someone could contribute to the community. Is his wife really worth 750 million? Most likely not. Give her enough so that she can support herself. Heck, if the defendant (I don't know the legal jargon for the person being sued in a divorce) is rich enough, give the significant other enough to live comfortably. But to allow the plaintiff to come away from a divorce fabulously rich, is ********.

DFWJC

Reaction score
ajk23az;3447755 said:

I agree. You can't blame her for milking the system for all its worth.
It's the sytem that's screwed, she just rode the magic carpet to the bank, that's all.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
DFWJC;3447799 said:
The guy had all his income potential before he married her, so to me this is just nuts. Fault has littel to do with it by the way, A close buddy of mine's wife slept around on him for years before he finally called it off--he stayed faithful throught.

Man, stories like this really bother me for some reason.

If you had already made your money before marriage, I just don't understand how someone else is entitled to it.

Not to bash lawyers but they seem to be pretty good at separating folks from their money :D .

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3447805 said:
Man, stories like this really bother me for some reason.

If you had already made your money before marriage, I just don't understand how someone else is entitled to it.

Not to bash lawyers but they seem to be pretty good at separating folks from their money :D .

I can see how you're entitled to everything your spouse makes. When you're together. After that, get some child support and get a ****ing job.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3447801 said:
I think settlements like these should be based on worth, and what someone could contribute to the community. Is his wife really worth 750 million? Most likely not.
Seeing that she was a nanny beforehand, I'd say it's a save bet to say she (and 99.9% of everyone else) would never make that on their own in a lifetime--let alone a few years.
But that's how it works.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3447801 said:
I think settlements like these should be based on worth, and what someone could contribute to the community. Is his wife really worth 750 million? Most likely not. Give her enough so that she can support herself. Heck, if the defendant (I don't know the legal jargon for the person being sued in a divorce) is rich enough, give the significant other enough to live comfortably. But to allow the plaintiff to come away from a divorce fabulously rich, is ********.

I don't think she should get jack ****, she needs to get a damn job.

Your husband or wife cheating on you does not entitle you to not have to work again for the rest of your life. He should have to support his kids and that's it.

The same nonsense happened to Nas (the rapper). He was married to another artist (Kelis, a singer) and she got pregnant, they ended up getting divorced (she filed, although there was a rumor she made a sex tape with another rapper before she got married and that's what led to the divorce) and he has to pay $40,000 a month to her for spousal and child support. $40,000 a month?!

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3447806 said:
I can see how you're entitled to everything your spouse makes. When you're together. After that, get some child support and get a ****ing job.

Yes but to me that is questionable. I think it was Jeff Gordon or somebody that got taken to the cleaner and a lot of it had to do with the fact that he made a lot of his money driving while married to his wife, as if she took all the risks he took in accumulating that wealth. I think she got the private jet and a whole lot of stuff.

TheCount;3447847 said:

Your husband or wife cheating on you does not entitle you to not have to work again for the rest of your life. He should have to support his kids and that's it.

Yep, all it should entitle you is a quick and easy divorce.

Now, if your wife had an active role in helping you build your wealth, i'm all for a bean counter coming in and making sure she gets her fair share but Tiger's wife didn't do jack.

The guy that owned the company I worked at right out of college just got a divorce and I know his wife got quite a bit of money and the house.

He was a total jerk to her and she did actually do work for the company while being a stay at home mom. So I believe she was entitled to some money.

Besides, that guy remains the biggest punk I have ever worked with, so I am glad he got taken to the cleaners.

Sadly, the main reason you see guys get taken to the cleaners is because there are so many deadbeat dads that don't do the right thing and the courts have probably gotten extreme in dolling out justice.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;3447847 said:

The same nonsense happened to Nas (the rapper). He was married to another artist (Kelis, a singer) and she got pregnant, they ended up getting divorced (she filed, although there was a rumor she made a sex tape with another rapper before she got married and that's what led to the divorce) and he has to pay $40,000 a month to her for spousal and child support. $40,000 a month?!

That's ridiculous considering that she makes millions.