Tiger gives up $750M in divorce settlement

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3447852 said:
Yes but to me that is questionable. I think it was Jeff Gordon or somebody that got taken to the cleaner and a lot of it had to do with the fact that he made a lot of his money driving while married to his wife, as if she took all the risks he took in accumulating that wealth. I think she got the private jet and a whole lot of stuff.

I don't want to get biblical on you guys, but when you enter into a marriage, you become one with that person. So everything you own belongs to both of you, no matter who accumulates what. After that though, everything is severed, and you take with you whatever you provided.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Yes, she married up, but he got someone who'd normally be out of his league.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3447770 said:
Exactly. The only motive of marrying someone rich is to live comfortably on someone else's dollar.

This is one of the more ignorant broad, assumption based statements I've ever read on here. WOW.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Dawgs0916;3447894 said:
This is one of the more ignorant broad, assumption based statements I've ever read on here. WOW.

Dude, a gorgeous, blonde nanny catches the eye of one of the richest athletes in the world...

Tiger must have one hell of a personality then.

burmafrd

Reaction score
absolute BS. He was a great golfer before he married her. There is no way she should get even 10% of that.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
So how exactly does this work?

Does he have to pay her monthly payments until it adds up to $750M or does his payments stop once the kids turn 18?

The sad part is is that I don't think Tiger Woods has that kind of money. His estimated worth may be near or above that but that is a lot different then having to come up with that kind of money.

Personally, I am a big fan of marrying people that are at or near your social status.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I can see that there are others that have come in and added some good comments to this discussion.

I wasn't going to start rattling off additional examples, but next time you knights in shining armor come sweeping in to defend the poor, innocent, failed-swimsuit-model, blonde nanny who was introduced to Tiger through some obscure connections (like the motives weren't there to try and take care of a family member or friend), think about it the other way around. What should Sandra Bullock get, for example?

Violent crimes against women and children will get me riled up and will get no argument out of me, but this is bananas. If, God forbid, Tiger had raped a woman, he wouldn't get this kind of punishment (hello Ben Roethlisberger). Why does Elin legitimately deserve $750 million?

Think of it this way - I know that most of your wives are probably not poor little innocent blonde swedish nannies, but I'll give you a hypothetical...if you sleep around does your wife deserve all that you're worth, even though you've been married for 5 years and you made your millions in the 10 years preceeding you meeting her? Yes, I expect the answers to be predictable.

Something to think about.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3447906 said:
So how exactly does this work?

Does he have to pay her monthly payments until it adds up to $750M or does his payments stop once the kids turn 18?

The sad part is is that I don't think Tiger Woods has that kind of money. His estimated worth may be near or above that but that is a lot different then having to come up with that kind of money.

Personally, I am a big fan of marrying people that are at or near your social status.
I can see it just like someone getting child support. That she gets a check every month.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3447897 said:
Dude, a gorgeous, blonde nanny catches the eye of one of the richest athletes in the world...

Tiger must have one hell of a personality then.

That's one example. You said that is the case EVERYTIME someone marries someone who is very well off. If a teacher marries a CEO, she's a gold digger.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
casmith07;3447908 said:
I can see that there are others that have come in and added some good comments to this discussion.

I wasn't going to start rattling off additional examples, but next time you knights in shining armor come sweeping in to defend the poor, innocent, failed-swimsuit-model, blonde nanny

That's pretty funny. Seems she made it up in her mind a long time ago to coast through life on her looks. That she wasn't going to get actually work to achieve money.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Dawgs0916;3447916 said:
That's one example. You said that is the case EVERYTIME someone marries someone who is very well off. If a teacher marries a CEO, she's a gold digger.

Then I should clarify. If a hot person marries above their station. To an ugly person with money. Then, yes, they are a gold digger.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
bbgun;3447893 said:
Yes, she married up, but he got someone who'd normally be out of his league.

Only if one is consider looks, otherwise it fit the standard in in today's society, where men who have status tend to marry for looks, and beautiful women seek out men to marry who have status.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3447919 said:
That's pretty funny. Seems she made it up in her mind a long time ago to coast through life on her looks. That she wasn't going to get actually work to achieve money.

She is just now apparently taking some undergrad classes. Lots of ambition - she'll need some of that $750M to help pay her way through college. :rolleyes:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
casmith07;3447925 said:
She is just now apparently taking some undergrad classes. Lots of ambition - she'll need some of that $750M to help pay her way through college. :rolleyes:

Hell. Now she can buy a doctorate. lol

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Tiger cheated on her with not 1 but 17 women!!!!!! I say 750 million plus the kids is justified.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3447939 said:
Tiger cheated on her with not 1 but 17 women!!!!!! I say 750 million plus the kids is justified.
:laugh2:always the practical woman. Slight her and she feels that she deserves his balls being removed.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BTW this would be a good sociological experiment to undertake. Gauge the reactions of this among both men and women. I bet 99% of men would be like, "what the ****?? That aint far!"

Women would be like, "You go, girl! He should still be tarred and feathered."

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3447940 said:
:laugh2:always the practical woman. Slight her and she feels that she deserves his balls being removed.

Heck yeah. Not expecting her to go after everything she can is foolish. He ruined a family. There's no price tag for that, but 750 million is a good start.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3447947 said:
Heck yeah. Not expecting her to go after everything she can is foolish. He ruined a family. There's no price tag for that, but 750 million is a good start.

Yeah, I bet divorce is much easier on the kids.

Watch, in the next year or 2, she'll have her own reality show. "How I Pimped Tiger Woods."