Tim McManus: Eagles firing Sirani is in play

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really doubt that is the case.

The Eagles lost both their OC and DC last offseason from their Super Bowl team so the most logical starting point for fixing their team should they not get back to the Super Bowl would be to hire a new OC and/or DC for next season.

The only reason you fire a head coach one year removed from a Super Bowl appearance would be because he's lost the team or he violated some NFL rules that could blow back on the team.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Both Howie and Lurie want a puppet for a HC. They do not want a HC that demands authority and challenges their decisions. However, if Sirianni really lost the lockerroom (as many have stated), then I could him getting fired.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They must have someone in mind if they plan on doing this. They fired Pederson after a SB….i don’t feel secure either way.
Could also be they feel he is the cause of severe toxicity in the locker room/organization. Their realization with Wentz was a major reason they drafted Hurts. If thats the case, could be better to just move on now. Any damage left could be better than keeping him

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I hope not. I like Vrabel. And played for Ohio State.
He may be a candidate for the NE job if they part ways with Bill.
Agree! I think that’s logical. Was just reading an article how many inside the league thought Titans made a dumb move and that he’s a really good coach in doing more with less. So hopefully Philly isn’t a spot

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Could also be they feel he is the cause of severe toxicity in the locker room/organization. Their realization with Wentz was a major reason they drafted Hurts. If thats the case, could be better to just move on now. Any damage left could be better than keeping him
I don’t get how you could fire him when he’s been winning but aye maybe they win in spite of him.