Tim McManus: Eagles firing Sirani is in play

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Bad move unless he has completely lost control
This is exactly the case IMO..........he's lost the locker room. Players and coaches blaming each other but IMO. it will only happen if they know they can get a certain candidate ( Harbaugh or Vabrael ) coz this is a Super Bowl ready team. I don't see them trusting an unproven young coach.

bottleKids

Reaction score
And we complain about Jerry being a bad owner. Now we are finding out that he is far from the worst.
He would be a good owner to get rid of this clown.... I been saying it for weeks, I hope this guy never leaves. He is terrible.

lkelly

Reaction score
...wow, few months ago. The guy was on cover of Time.

Now closed to being outcasted.
Shimano+Exsence+Genos+Wild+Contact+90+S90MH%3AR+9%27+8-48g.gif

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Would be a bad move. Can’t imagine candidates would be too enthusiastic about the position when there’s absolutely zero job security.
I dont know, coaches can see that the team quit on Siriani. would be different if he were fired after a gm trades a #1 receiver and your QB is Tannehill and rookie levis and still knock the Jags out of the playoffs....that is a bad sign

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I dont know, coaches can see that the team quit on Siriani. would be different if he were fired after a gm trades a #1 receiver and your QB is Tannehill and rookie levis and still knock the Jags out of the playoffs....that is a bad sign

Yeah 6-11 is way better than 11-6. And a Super Bowl appearance last season. If players quit, that’s on them. Letting the patients run the asylum isn’t the answer.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Usually there's at least contract security, unless you are Urban Meyer and you screw up so badly that an owner can fire you for cause.
Meyer is an idiot. Glad Jerry never hired him like many fans wanted. There were many Urban Meyer threads.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
After going to the Super Bowl? haha, Cowboys fans would murder the front office brass if we did that.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I don't see it happening
It might be a case of who might be available to hire as head coach. Vrabel is out there, Harbaugh…if you think you have a shot at better than what you have it’s worth considering. It was a peculiar hire in the first place. But if a coach like Vrabel can be fired, certainly a coach like Sirianni can be.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
They have 60 million in dead cap.

What did they expect to happen?

JustChip

Reaction score
“…..but I do feel that it’s in play.”

Ok, do this media person is not basing it on sound investigative reporting, but a gut feel pulled out of his/her dookie dumper.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
And we complain about Jerry being a bad owner. Now we are finding out that he is far from the worst.
Jerry hired Garrett and employed him here for over a decade. While the Giants saw how bad he was and moved on instantly.

Eagles owner also doesn't make himself GM and meddled in that area for 3 decades.

Absolutely nothing wrong with getting out ahead and cutting your losses early if you feel a coach is now toxic and the players don't value him or believe in him.

Jerry is still a terrible owner.

Sydla

Reaction score

Here's the thing. Sirianni is immature, emotional. If he were more even keeled, I think he could weather this collapse, even if they were to lose on Monday. He did have them in the SB last year.

But the problem is his histrionics and attitudes are tolerable to the lockerroom when things are going well. When things are going bad, that kind of stuff just wears on a team and you can't get that respect back. And let's be clear, if he's acting like this in front of cameras (yelling at Colts fans, yelling at Chiefs fans, the whole pointing at the scoreboard in the SB thing, he's mouthing off to opposing players), you can only imagine what he's doing behind closed doors.

The Eagles have been pretty quick to pull the rug out from guys. They moved on from Kelly quickly, they dumped Pederson even after a SB win, so dumping Sirianni now wouldn't be that crazy, or out of character, for them.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Probably more because of his behavior and the embarrassment he brings.
Yep. His act has worn thin. It's all fun and giggles when they were overachieving last year into this season. Winning covered it up. Even before all the losing began, that locker room was toxic by many accounts. A lot of internal beefs. Siriani is a d-bag to the highest degree. It seems he's putting on some act for Philly because he wasn't like this when he was the Indy OC. Yelling at fans in the stands after the KC win. That's embarrassing for a head coach to do.

I don't think he's long for the job in Philly. They will realize his act isn't worth it for the front office and the players. They got rid of Chip Kelly after 3 years. Pederson won a Super Bowl and was fired a few years after. Eagles have no issue moving on quick from a coach, even after success.