Tim McManus: Eagles firing Sirani is in play

Sydla

Reaction score
Yep. His act has worn thin. It's all fun and giggles when they were overachieving last year into this season. Winning covered it up. Even before all the losing began, that locker room was toxic by many accounts. A lot of internal beefs. Siriani is a d-bag to the highest degree. It seems he's putting on some act for Philly because he wasn't like this when he was the Indy OC. Yelling at fans in the stands after the KC win. That's embarrassing for a head coach to do.

I don't think he's long for the job in Philly. They will realize his act isn't worth it for the front office and the players. They got rid of Chip Kelly after 3 years. Pederson won a Super Bowl and was fired a few years after. Eagles have no issue moving on quick from a coach, even after success.
The one moment that forever stuck with me was in the SB. There was that clip where it appears Sirianni is jawing or something with a Chiefs player or the Chiefs sideline and points to the scoreboard. Jalen Hurts pulled Sirianni's arm down and had this look on his face like, *** are you doing? Sirianni just then stood there with some crap eating grin on his face.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The 49ers beat down, then the Cowboys beating them down, and that "Cry Eagles Cry" giant poster meme that went viral got into the heads of the Philly organization and sent it into a tail spin. One of the best crash and burns I've ever watched. Very entertaining.

Biag

Reaction score
Both Howie and Lurie want a puppet for a HC. They do not want a HC that demands authority and challenges their decisions. However, if Sirianni really lost the lockerroom (as many have stated), then I could him getting fired. How many GM's make it through 4 different coaches without getting fired themselves? Jerry being the exception because he isn't going to fire himeslf.

Both Howie and Lurie want a puppet for a HC. They do not want a HC that demands authority and challenges their decisions. However, if Sirianni really lost the lockerroom (as many have stated), then I could him getting fired.
This is the reason Doug is gone. I don't understand how Howie turned into the Teflon Don. If Sirianni goes this would be his fourth fired coach. Who else sticks around that long except for Jerry because he wont fire himself? I live in the area and there are all kind of rumors' on local talk shows that Patricia taking over came from above Nick. Also hearing that when the analytic guys drop off the reports they are expected to follow them.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Sometimes, coaches just hit a point where you can't imagine them on the sidelines next September. If you did, it would be like admitting your season is over before it started. Imagine that say Arthur Smith was still with the Falcons, ready to waste Pitts and Bijan for another year in 2024. You can't.

If the Eagles get rolled by a middle of the pack Buccaneers team, where Hurts and the passing game are just lost, and the defense is bleeding yards, and Sirianni is throwing a tantrum on the sidelines... can you imagine that guy reloading and being ready to lead the team next September? You can't. He's already lost the team IMO, and a wild card loss would just cement that.

John813

Reaction score
Outside of this losing slump, there has to be something else going on to have such a reversal, potentially with the F.O./ownership for these rumors

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
And we complain about Jerry being a bad owner. Now we are finding out that he is far from the worst.
Lol. This post is ridiculous. The eagles owner is one of the better owners In football. He doesn’t stubbornly stick to something if it’s not working… wins a Super Bowl… Fires coach/trades quarterback, when it’s not working… Goes to a second Super Bowl five years later.

Our guy… He was really good 30 years ago when there was no free agency.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Outside of this losing slump, there has to be something else going on to have such a reversal, potentially with the F.O./ownership for these rumors
Whoever made the decision on those coordinators should face the axe. If it was Sirianni, then he has to go.

JustChip

Reaction score
Lol. This post is ridiculous. The eagles owner is one of the better owners In football. He doesn’t stubbornly stick to something if it’s not working… wins a Super Bowl… Fires coach/trades quarterback, when it’s not working… Goes to a second Super Bowl five years later.

Our guy… He was really good 30 years ago when there was no free agency.
There was 1 other huge difference 30 years ago. Jerry was GM in the mode of Tex Schramm - marketing, player contracts, etc. Football operations was Jimmy. No doubt that FA, guaranteed contracts and the Cap have made football ops. more difficult. But any success starts with solid football ops.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Couldn't happen to a nicer...uh..I mean a more obnoxious guy! :grin: