Time is up to give Dak the benefit of the doubt

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m stating my opinion, which seems to echo the opinion of the FO. Maybe you don’t know how this message board thing works. LOL
I get your opinion i'm just trying to understand why do you feel Dak should care lol? And you aren't echoing the opinion of the FO based on what's been reported. Seems like the major hang up is how many years.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It’s not $5 to $10 mil. We’re talking per year! And hell yes $5 to $10 mil per year matters.

Is it not? Did you not say you'd sign him to 30 million? And yeah 5 to 10 million can matter. But then from Dak's perspective.....if you want the extra 10 mill you need to stop paying guys like Tyrone Crawford. There's your 10 million there.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I get your opinion i'm just trying to understand why do you feel Dak should care lol? And you aren't echoing the opinion of the FO based on what's been reported. Seems like the major hang up is how many years.
They wouldn't have given him the exclusive tag if they weren't at least remotely concerned of losing him to another team.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
They wouldn't have given him the exclusive tag if they weren't at least remotely concerned of losing him to another team.
They could match the offer of another team if they so desired, or let him walk and get 2 first round picks. Once again, I want to keep Dak. I like him. But, he can’t be given $40 mil a season. It would handcuff what can be done with the rest of the roster.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I mean contracts can’t be redone at just any time. A certain amount of years on rookie contracts has to have passed before they can be redone.
I get what you're saying i'm not sure what this is in response to? I didn't think I was eluding that it could be.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I already know. I saw how Jerry acted about Jason Garrett. He was scared to lose him. I'm suppose to believe that they are willing to let Dak walk? Someone actually that can do his job unlike Garrett? Naw.........

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They could match the offer of another team if they so desired, or let him walk and get 2 first round picks. Once again, I want to keep Dak. I like him. But, he can’t be given $40 mil a season. It would handcuff what can be done with the rest of the roster.
Let's be realistic here though. Dak's floor is probably 34 or 35 million. His ceiling is 40 million. That's a 5-6 million dollar difference. I'm sorry but that amount of money would not handcuff this team. It just wouldn't if they draft well. Having cap space is a cop out so teams can take flyers on guys like Taco Charlton and Trystin Hill. When you have to pay a quarterback 40 million all of a sudden you don't have that luxury. You have to be smarter about how you draft.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I already know. I saw how Jerry acted about Jason Garrett. He was scared to lose him. I'm suppose to believe that they are willing to let Dak walk? Someone actually that can do his job unlike Garrett? Naw.........
You would think some fans would comprehend how extremely lucky we were to get Prescott and how dirt cheap he played for 4 seasons at a high level.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You would think some fans would comprehend how extremely lucky we were to get Prescott and how dirt cheap he played for 4 seasons at a high level.
In a alternate universe the Cowboys drafted Johnny Football instead of Zach Martin and it destroyed the franchise. Meanwhile, Dak is a Super Bowl champion for a real team. All in a alternate universe lol.

Reactions: G2

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Aight but why are you giving me that message? I never once said you could do that.
Actually it was in response to a post you made. I responded to you saying Dak didn’t complain about what he was paid on his first contract. I said he had no reason to complain since he was drafted, given his shot, and was paid based on where he was drafted. I followed up a response by you and stated that rookie contracts can’t just be redone at any time.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Actually it was in response to a post you made. I responded to you saying Dak didn’t complain about what he was paid on his first contract. I said he had no reason to complain since he was drafted, given his shot, and was paid based on where he was drafted. I followed up a response by you and stated that rookie contracts can’t just be redone at any time.
Ohhh ok I see what you're saying. I agree with that. But even with years left on his deal he could've did what Zeke did who had 2 years left on his deal. He could've sat out for more. He could've complained. He didn't.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
You won’t get an argument from me about that. Dak should also be thankful that we drafted him and gave him a shot with a lot of talent around him. He was paid according to his draft status as is every rookie. Some take advantage, some don’t. He did and good for him. Now he’s going to be rich. But, I in no way think his next contract should have anything to do with his first. They’re two completely independent situations. Dak is going to get his money and I’m glad he is. But, he has to be at least a bit reasonable. He’s good, but he’s not Tom Brady.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Well be that as it may......."stats matter" when its time for someone to get paid. All that stuff y'all talk about that doesn't matter? Pro Bowls? Stats? It all comes up in negotiations.

I agree. There is no way a player and agent are not going to bring up stats and Pro Bowls in negotiations, or anything that makes the player look better and more valuable...and gets them more money.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I really don't care about the past, since as a team we have not made any playoff noise during his 4 years. As a fan of the team and not just a player, I want what's best for the team. Again, as a fan of the team I'm not okay with making Dak the highest paid QB when he is not the best QB in the NFL.

Of course I'm looking at this from a what's best for the team perspective, others may be looking at it from what's best for "their favorite player".