Time is up to give Dak the benefit of the doubt

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Gotta love how the some of the trolls are using the phrase "slightly above average". LOL

Its gone from:
-backup material
-below average
-average
-slightly above average

You even hear the wrong way trolls starts to say things like "He will never be top 5".
Right. As if they know his ceiling.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
No doubt, but what do you have to say towards teams who actually are paying their QBs top dollar AND still capable of building a team good enough to make the playoffs? Are they wrong to do so? It's always been this way since the salary cap went into effect. A very good QB always gets paid.
Dak is going to get paid and paid big. How big is the question at hand.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Another totally clueless and uneducated post. Dak is not the problem, the Cowboys are the problem. Dak will sign for 4 years and the Cowboys want him to sign for 5. THAT is the issue...….NOT money. In fact, Dak is willing to take less money in order to gamble on himself.

What you have proven is you have no clue what you are talking about. Despite the efforts of those of us that are educated and have been trying to explain the situation to guys like you.

In fact, all the Dak hating turds should be tickled pink that Dak wants less years. Wow, 4 instead of 5? They should be clamoring for the Cowboys to accept less years.
Dak is obviously the problem, that's why they're 1,000 threads about him.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
As I've stated in prior posts, Dak finished last season 8-8. Lost to both the Jets and AAA Eagles when we were HUGH favorites. I might add his peers weren't too impressed with his yardage and overall play because he finished the season as an ex PRO BOWLER . Listen I'll give him his props, for a 4th rd pick he's played okayed, however he was offered a 5 yr deal that would of paid him pretty dam good! I personally think we've seen the ceiling of this dude and if he can't put his name on the dotted line then JJ & Co need to draw that line in the sand and HOLD their ground!

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
We shouldn’t have heard a peep from him. We drafted him, gave him a chance, and he signed a contract that was appropriate to where he was drafted. Fate intervened and gave him the shot of a lifetime as a rookie. To his credit, he took advantage of it. Had another team drafted him, it’s possible he isn’t even a starter right now. I love Dak and want him to stay with the team, but I also don’t want to sacrifice the future for an outrageous contract. Why should he make more than Wentz or Goff? They’ve had at least as much success and they were in the same draft class. The fact that he’s next does not mean he should be paid substantially more than them.

He hasn't even been offered as much as them yet.

Wentz didn't lead anything. His TEAM won a Super Bowl. Sure he was part of that journey in the regular season. But i'm not giving him sole credit or sole responsibility for whether or not his team has success.

I am a Dak fan. Won't hide that. If it was my team.....i'd stick with the 35 million per season. But on the outside looking in........why ask for 35 when you can get 40? If they say no....then take less. Fans are frustrated because its playing out in public but I for one have no problem with what is going on.

Dak hasn't even been offered $35 million a year yet .

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Some of the same posters wanting to give Dak $38-$40 mil per year will be the same ones *****ing because we didn’t sign a safety or DT and/or because our defense couldn’t hold up next season. Mark it down.

A long term deal lowers the cap hit and would help the Cowboys sign more players.

bcavi

Reaction score
Time is up to give Dak the benefit of the doubt.

I think this organization has been more than fair to Dak with their offer They have indicated they are willing to gamble everything on him despite (let’s be honest) him not proving himself yet. They’ve already taken the step to offer more than he’s worth.

Last year, even the first three stellar weeks, accuracy was still (and always will be) a problem.

And for the life of me, I don’t understand how he doesn’t realize that QB of Dallas Cowboys is worth 10x more in his post NFL life and endorsements than going to a small market afterthought.

He has proven he does not care anything about this franchise and his teammates. Surprising, yes, but now clear to any unbiased observer.

It is time to seek trade offers from other teams and think about moving on. We do not want to hitch our wagon to this horse.
You need to stay out of a pro nfl athlete's business and his money. You can't relate, you have nothing to offer to this team, and this board, just an opinion. Talking about another man's money, in which you cannot relate. Please.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I don’t blame anyone for getting all they can in this time of incredible greed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lucky ? What has he done ? He is a mediocre bus driver . He is not accurate . Good Teams were daring him to beat them with his arm , and he failed ( saints , Jets , New England , eagles etc etc ) and when the running game stalls , we are toast . He lucked into this job behind the most expensive offensive outfit . Yet he failed at every decent test .

But drivers don't throw for nearly 5000 yards and 33 total TD's. Through his first 3 years he lead the NFL in last drive comeback wins and was 2nd only to Brady in wins. Team is 40-24 while he is the QB. Won rookie of the year, made two pro bowls, made playoffs twice and won a playoff game. Played great in all 3 playoff games.

All this with little defense and the worst HC in the NFL. There is a reason nearly every coach got fired.

Do want me to show you all the stats that back this up?

All paint the opposite of the picture you paint.

Case and point, you are the opposite of a QB guru. LOL

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I wonder if Dak is getting anxious to be done with this negotiation. The Cowboys had quite an uptick in FA activity the past week and brought in some pretty well established Vets. I don't know if holding out until every last dollar has been put on the table is the best strategy for a young player who is not the best at his position.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Time is up to give Dak the benefit of the doubt.

I think this organization has been more than fair to Dak with their offer They have indicated they are willing to gamble everything on him despite (let’s be honest) him not proving himself yet. They’ve already taken the step to offer more than he’s worth.

Last year, even the first three stellar weeks, accuracy was still (and always will be) a problem.

And for the life of me, I don’t understand how he doesn’t realize that QB of Dallas Cowboys is worth 10x more in his post NFL life and endorsements than going to a small market afterthought.

He has proven he does not care anything about this franchise and his teammates. Surprising, yes, but now clear to any unbiased observer.

It is time to seek trade offers from other teams and think about moving on. We do not want to hitch our wagon to this horse.
I sort of agree, not trades this season though, we need to prepare and draft etc, but for 2021 Tag him again and then trade him asap...

Philmonroe

Reaction score
The only way people could fully judge Dak Prescott is if he played on an offense like the Jets had last season or a similar team next season.

I would love it to happen so people would finally open their eyes to what he really is.
We saw who he was before Amari got here that year with just average nfl talent and it wasn't close to good.