Time is up to give Dak the benefit of the doubt

jnday

Reaction score
He should get paid tops because in 4 years it'll be average

He should be paid tops because in 4 years he's better than the rookies coming out

He should be paid tops because, despite endorsements, doesn't have a rich wife

He should be paid tops because we have cooper rush

He should be paid tops because I've never heard a defender ever criticize his play in any way

He should be paid tops because he's never at fault or the reason why we lose games.
You totally failed with this list. It can be discredited much too easily.

jnday

Reaction score
You need to stay out of a pro nfl athlete's business and his money. You can't relate, you have nothing to offer to this team, and this board, just an opinion. Talking about another man's money, in which you cannot relate. Please.
But he has a good opinion. You , on the other hand, don’t even offer that.

jnday

Reaction score
But drivers don't throw for nearly 5000 yards and 33 total TD's. Through his first 3 years he lead the NFL in last drive comeback wins and was 2nd only to Brady in wins. Team is 40-24 while he is the QB. Won rookie of the year, made two pro bowls, made playoffs twice and won a playoff game. Played great in all 3 playoff games.

All this with little defense and the worst HC in the NFL. There is a reason nearly every coach got fired.

Do want me to show you all the stats that back this up?

All paint the opposite of the picture you paint.

Case and point, you are the opposite of a QB guru. LOL
You are gonna be disappointed when MM is not much better than Garrett.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
A long term deal lowers the cap hit and would help the Cowboys sign more players.

do you work for the government in finance? So we pay him a ton of money, which means there is a lot less money for other players, but that allows us to sign more players ? That math works only if the bill never comes due. Even Jerry has figured this out.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Time is up to give Dak the benefit of the doubt.

I think this organization has been more than fair to Dak with their offer They have indicated they are willing to gamble everything on him despite (let’s be honest) him not proving himself yet. They’ve already taken the step to offer more than he’s worth.

Last year, even the first three stellar weeks, accuracy was still (and always will be) a problem.

And for the life of me, I don’t understand how he doesn’t realize that QB of Dallas Cowboys is worth 10x more in his post NFL life and endorsements than going to a small market afterthought.

He has proven he does not care anything about this franchise and his teammates. Surprising, yes, but now clear to any unbiased observer.

It is time to seek trade offers from other teams and think about moving on. We do not want to hitch our wagon to this horse.

I find it funny, not ha ha funny, that those that base their opinions from their couches differ from those of professional coaches. I also find it funny, not ha ha funny, that those same people who have zero FIRST HAND knowledge of any of the talks between the Cowboys and Prescott and his agent France make such matter of fact proclamations about Prescott. It is all based on speculation by sportswriters who some use "source" but does not name the source which is their way of saying really this is true but is really just what they are speculating. There have been so many different reports of the amount and length of the contract offered back in Sept. and all different reported offers of the most recent offer which proves that those "insiders" really don't have those inside knowledge they say they do.,

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Dak wants out of Dallas and that's why he didnt sign a contract. Dallas should put some serious consideration into this first round pick. If a QB like Hebert falls they might want to consider trading up a few spots to get him.

I see you haven't heard or read anything about Prescott. Prescott grew up a Cowboys fan and his biggest dream was to be able to play for the Cowboys. When he said that he didn't want to negotiate a contract during the season he said that a contract will get done after the season and that he hopes to play his entire career in Dallas. I'll bet that every player who holds out for the best contract he can get really doesn't want to play for that team. You need to learn there's a difference between where a player wants to be and the business side of the NFL.

bcavi

Reaction score
But he has a good opinion. You , on the other hand, don’t even offer that.

Really? What is an opinion to you then? I gave one. If you don't like it, well.... Not sure what to tell you.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are gonna be disappointed when MM is not much better than Garrett.
RingedDigitalAxisdeer-size_restricted.gif

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Time is up to give Dak the benefit of the doubt.

I think this organization has been more than fair to Dak with their offer They have indicated they are willing to gamble everything on him despite (let’s be honest) him not proving himself yet. They’ve already taken the step to offer more than he’s worth.

Last year, even the first three stellar weeks, accuracy was still (and always will be) a problem.

And for the life of me, I don’t understand how he doesn’t realize that QB of Dallas Cowboys is worth 10x more in his post NFL life and endorsements than going to a small market afterthought.

He has proven he does not care anything about this franchise and his teammates. Surprising, yes, but now clear to any unbiased observer.

It is time to seek trade offers from other teams and think about moving on. We do not want to hitch our wagon to this horse.
You revealed your agenda to hate on Dak in your first sentence. There is no reasoned discussion here, no wisdom in judgment. You just don't like the guy. Dak has most certainly taken this team with all its warts as far as he can. But that means get rid of the warts, not Dak. The organization has been doing that. The coaching regime change was a huge step in the right direction. Now the defense and ST need to get fixed. Dak and the offense were ranked #1 last season. Where were you when that happened. Dak has dreamed of being the Cowboys QB since he was a child so he does understand and appreciate the job he has. You fail to know Dak's real story.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You need to stay out of a pro nfl athlete's business and his money. You can't relate, you have nothing to offer to this team, and this board, just an opinion. Talking about another man's money, in which you cannot relate. Please.

So, I'm curious, would you tell the same thing to a "Pay The Man" poster?

bcavi

Reaction score
So, I'm curious, would you tell the same thing to a "Pay The Man" poster?

To be honest. I am not on board with that idea necessarily either. However, we are posters, and Dak is a pro NFL athlete. He will garner a salary that exponentially exceeds most, if not all posters on this board combined. The issue I have is everyone's on Dak's case, but it is the Joneses that has everyone so against one another on this board. It is like this FO has tricked everyone that they've done what they can, but Dak, who has said nothing... which is why the OP's opinion, in my opinion, did not make sense... "doesn't care about this franchise or his teammates"? Come on now. What does he/she know, along with the rest of us. That is a pretty strong statement, nonetheless. We could have signed Dak much cheaper last year. The Joneses have befuddled this and those posters hating on Dak's payday seem to sympathize with them in a way.

There are always limits though. So, to your point, I would not pay Dak 40 mil a year. 38 mil is my limit. All posters know salaries are going up and Dak's will be surpassed in the immediate future. I don't think it is worth getting too terribly worked up over, although I think people should just leave this situation with the perspective our FO brought us to this point.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
To be honest. I am not on board with that idea necessarily either. However, we are posters, and Dak is a pro NFL athlete. He will garner a salary that exponentially exceeds most, if not all posters on this board combined. The issue I have is everyone's on Dak's case, but it is the Joneses that has everyone so against one another on this board. It is like this FO has tricked everyone that they've done what they can, but Dak, who has said nothing... which is why the OP's opinion, in my opinion, did not make sense... "doesn't care about this franchise or his teammates"? Come on now. What does he/she know, along with the rest of us. That is a pretty strong statement, nonetheless. We could have signed Dak much cheaper last year. The Joneses have befuddled this and those posters hating on Dak's payday seem to sympathize with them in a way.

There are always limits though. So, to your point, I would not pay Dak 40 mil a year. 38 mil is my limit. All posters know salaries are going up and Dak's will be surpassed in the immediate future. I don't think it is worth getting too terribly worked up over, although I think people should just leave this situation with the perspective our FO brought us to this point.

I could not disagree more with your post. I mean, if that's what you believe, cool. But remember this, the opinions we all have are not necessarily representative of what all or perhaps, even most, believe. Dak is driving this, it's not the Jones family. Dak set all of this into motion when he hired France and CAA. Everybody in the NFL, everybody in sports understands what it means when you hire those guys.

For the record, I'm OK if you want to say it's a negotiation, I get that but this is by no means a one sided deal. Dak knew exactly what he was doing in 2018 when he hired this firm and this agent. An early contract was never going to happen the minute CAA came online. The entire, "The Cowboys are stupid for waiting so long to sign Dak" mantra is stupid. That was out the window in 2018. As I say, I'm fine with the idea that this is a negotiation but I'm stepping off the train when we start saying this is on the team or Jerry. This is clearly a two way street and I'm not giving Dak and CAA an inch on this one. CAA is pushing this thing as hard as they can and that's a simple truth.

jnday

Reaction score

38 million? Are you kidding? Yeah, Dak is going to be passed up by other QBs, but he should be. He is not a franchise QB. On second thought, resigning Dak dooms the team for the next several years, so it really doesn’t matter if it is 30 million or 40 million. Either way, the team will be screwed.

bcavi

Reaction score
I could not disagree more with your post. I mean, if that's what you believe, cool. But remember this, the opinions we all have are not necessarily representative of what all or perhaps, even most, believe. Dak is driving this, it's not the Jones family. Dak set all of this into motion when he hired France and CAA. Everybody in the NFL, everybody in sports understands what it means when you hire those guys.

For the record, I'm OK if you want to say it's a negotiation, I get that but this is by no means a one sided deal. Dak knew exactly what he was doing in 2018 when he hired this firm and this agent. An early contract was never going to happen the minute CAA came online. The entire, "The Cowboys are stupid for waiting so long to sign Dak" mantra is stupid. That was out the window in 2018. As I say, I'm fine with the idea that this is a negotiation but I'm stepping off the train when we start saying this is on the team or Jerry. This is clearly a two way street and I'm not giving Dak and CAA an inch on this one. CAA is pushing this thing as hard as they can and that's a simple truth.

So. The FO didn't wait to sign Dak previously? If you try to make that out as a mantra. Ok. I strongly disagree with you. You don't have to give an inch, not your money. Your post is ignorance.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/22/waiting-to-sign-dak-prescott-can-cost-cowboys-dearly/

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The last impactful coaching change with this team was Jimmy.

You know, I think that just the fact that Jerry fired Garrett was pretty impactful. I'm not a McCarthy fan but I will support him and hope that he is successful. I'd also say that hiring Bill Parcells was pretty impactful but maybe not everybody would agree with that. His time here was relatively short but is actual impact on the team was very significant IMO. The way we evaluate players, run scouting, the entire draft process was Bill.

JMO

jnday

Reaction score
Really? What is an opinion to you then? I gave one. If you don't like it, well.... Not sure what to tell you.
Your opinion was that another poster should not have an opinion. If true, there is no real need for your opinion or mine. Really , CZ would be useless because it consist of opinions.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So. The FO didn't wait to sign Dak previously? If you try to make that out as a mantra. Ok. I strongly disagree with you. You don't have to give an inch, not your money. Your post is ignorance.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/22/waiting-to-sign-dak-prescott-can-cost-cowboys-dearly/

No, the Front Office has been trying to sign Dake for years. That's not at all what I said but it's clear that you are unable to have this conversation.

You have a good day.

bcavi

Reaction score
38 million? Are you kidding? Yeah, Dak is going to be passed up by other QBs, but he should be. He is not a franchise QB. On second thought, resigning Dak dooms the team for the next several years, so it really doesn’t matter if it is 30 million or 40 million. Either way, the team will be screwed.

You don't like Dak. I get it, but you are going to have to pay the piper. Dak is not a franchise QB? Look at Quinn's contract, Byron Jones. It is going to happen whether you like it or not. 38 mil is my upper limit, but would not hesitate to pay him 35 mil. It is being reported it is the years, and not the amount, anyway. So I think 35 mil is already out there. You may want another QB, but you are going to have suck it up. Dak is here to stay. Sorry. I feel for you when it happens.