Video: Time Is Up!

Dre11

Reaction score
These numbers are from last year?
So it was basically a 70/30 split?

I like that split. Maybe a 65/35 might be better, I don't know, but then the usuals will start complaining that Zeke keeps tapping out.

Can't please some people...

That's what I said it should be, but folks what Pollard taking even more

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That's what I said it should be, but folks what Pollard taking even more
I don't know about that.
I'm not some know-it-all, but I'd rather Zeke keep taking the bulk of the carries. He's a punisher and even if he doesn't get home runs, he wears a D out, if used correctly.
Provided he stops the dang fumbling he kept doing at the beginning of last season.

And if he could regain some of that rookie speed and hit some home runs... all the better!

fivetwos

Reaction score
I don't know about that.
I'm not some know-it-all, but I'd rather Zeke keep taking the bulk of the carries. He's a punisher and even if he doesn't get home runs, he wears a D out, if used correctly.
Provided he stops the dang fumbling he kept doing at the beginning of last season.

And if he could regain some of that rookie speed and hit some home runs... all the better!
The fact that his salary is already guaranteed for 2021 and 2022 for that matter.....plus the idea that about 70% of Elliotts talent is better than 100% of most makes me tend to agree.

That doesn't eliminate the fact that the guy is a complete selfish immature piece of crap of a person and teammate and probably won't be happy until 2024 when he can sign with the Bengals, live up the road in Columbus and pretend he is a college hero again.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
200.gif

Trade post-June1 next offseason and you gain 12m in salary cap space:cool:

Corso

Reaction score
The fact that his salary is already guaranteed for 2021 and 2022 for that matter.....plus the idea that about 70% of Elliotts talent is better than 100% of most makes me tend to agree.

That doesn't eliminate the fact that the guy is a complete selfish immature piece of crap of a person and teammate and probably won't be happy until 2024 when he can sign with the Bengals, live up the road in Columbus and pretend he is a college hero again.
I think he's been pretty good at being a pretty good person the past year, or so.
Some people just need to grow up and hopefully he's doing that.

I don't know if he's doing that, but hopefully he is.

ESisback

Reaction score
IMHO, it’s a little of both. Zeke IS a hair slower, and I think he DID lose his edge after that big contract. That said, the OL regression and revolving door of QBs has made it harder to succeed, and the combo has not been good.

From what I’ve been reading, I expect a better year. While I don’t expect to see the Zeke that burst through the hole to beat Pittsburgh, the apparent rededication and healthier OL will pay dividends in 2021.

Corso

Reaction score
IMHO, it’s a little of both. Zeke IS a hair slower, and I think he DID lose his edge after that big contract. That said, the OL regression and revolving door of QBs has made it harder to succeed, and the combo has not been good.

From what I’ve been reading, I expect a better year. While I don’t expect to see the Zeke that burst through the hole to beat Pittsburgh, the apparent rededication and healthier OL will pay dividends in 2021.
Fist to chest.
Here's to him coming out with his hair on fire and may it not be extinguished.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Would rather we prop up those players that are holding back the franchise?
We have ample less talented players to bash.

Not to mention coaching and ownership contributing to holding our franchise back. I wouldn’t place Elliott near the top of the list.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score

That basically sums it up - there is no arguing that he has lost his burst. I knew from jump that he wasn't going to last long - he loved contact too much - loved that about him but its not conducive to a long career.

And to think losing your QB and all those injuries on the O-line is not going to effect your avg is just crazy talk.

He may not be a HR hitter anymore but maybe he can get back to averaging about 4.2 to 4.4 yards per carry - I still think he can get those tough yards.

Unfortunately, after this year - if the cap hit aint too bad - he'll have to be let go. Sad, used to love watching him those first 2 years, him trucking people and that burst...truly cool to watch.

ESisback

Reaction score
That basically sums it up - there is no arguing that he has lost his burst. I knew from jump that he wasn't going to last long - he loved contact too much - loved that about him but its not conducive to a long career.

And to think losing your QB and all those injuries on the O-line is not going to effect your avg is just crazy talk.

He may not be a HR hitter anymore but maybe he can get back to averaging about 4.2 to 4.4 yards per carry - I still think he can get those tough yards.

Unfortunately, after this year - if the cap hit aint too bad - he'll have to be let go. Sad, used to love watching him those first 2 years, him trucking people and that burst...truly cool to watch.

I suspect the draft focus in 2022 will be OL and RB

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

I love Zeke, but...

I've seen him regress ever since he held out and eventually got paid $15 mil/year back in 2018.

If Zeke doesn't seriously get rid of the fumbles/turnovers and doesn't start improving his performance on the field this year, I'm willing to bet $100 Zeke will not be with this team in 2022.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think he's been pretty good at being a pretty good person the past year, or so.
Some people just need to grow up and hopefully he's doing that.

I don't know if he's doing that, but hopefully he is.
Sure has....especially after the production dropped and his agent told him the next time they catch him farting in the wrong key all that guaranteed money would go away.

I root for him because he wears the star, but I think he has very little heart in general.

There are many HOF players with way less talent.

He ain't going and it's on him fully.

When he finally half grows up he will tell everyone it's because the NFL became a passing league upon his arrival......when the real answer is he got paid and mailed it in.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We have ample less talented players to bash.

Not to mention coaching and ownership contributing to holding our franchise back. I wouldn’t place Elliott near the top of the list.

Its more about living up his salary or what Zeke fans pretend he does here.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I love Zeke, but...

I've seen him regress ever since he held out and eventually got paid $15 mil/year back in 2018.

If Zeke doesn't seriously get rid of the fumbles/turnovers and doesn't start improving his performance on the field this year, I'm willing to bet $100 Zeke will not be with this team in 2022.

Never liked the pick. 2016 was impressive. Once he got suspended and starting doing dumb things I started to wonder. Then his lack of production was obviously tied to the Oline rather then his abilities. Then the big plays started fading. Then it was obvious he was limited bouncing outside and vision. Then the holdout.........then it was over for me.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
listen many of you guys on here may prove me wrong (not hard to do really...) but as far as I can remember no recent RB in the NFL not named Barry Sanders had success mainly due to the strength of their OL. If our OL is banged up as I unfortunatey expect it to be, I do not see Zeke having success.