Video: Time Is Up!

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I leave both on the island and take a 3-hour cruise with Ginger.
s-l500.jpg

plasticman

Reaction score
I didn't see Zeke mail it in. I saw a Zeke without his offensive line and even half of their backups. I saw effort in the face of defenses keying on him with the knowledge that they wouldn't suffer as much from the passing game.

There was definitely effort. There was also frustration, who can't understand that? You could tell prior to the 2020 season that Zeke wanted to make a statement. Instead, those who did not take the massive injuries into consideration, pointed to the stats as prove of further decline in abilities and conviction.

They are wrong, very wrong. In 2021 you will see a man with a train rail on his shoulders, fighting for every inch with the assistance and support of those he is truly fighting for, those who really know him, his teammates.

Pollard will be one of them, a far better teammate than someone who would seize the moment to promote himself at the detriment of a Pro Bowl caliber player. You will never hear Pollard claim that Zeke left "meat on the bone" like Joseph "the Vegetarian" Randle.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Cool another bash a Cowboy thread we needed 1

Untwist them, little mermaid.
The fanbase being skeptics of one or three players --- and not the other 50 --- is no cause for distress.
Don't feel you have to be the maiden gatekeeper for what is allowed or should be allowed.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I didn't see Zeke mail it in. I saw a Zeke without his offensive line and even half of their backups. I saw effort in the face of defenses keying on him with the knowledge that they wouldn't suffer as much from the passing game.

There was definitely effort. There was also frustration, who can't understand that? You could tell prior to the 2020 season that Zeke wanted to make a statement. Instead, those who did not take the massive injuries into consideration, pointed to the stats as prove of further decline in abilities and conviction.

They are wrong, very wrong. In 2021 you will see a man with a train rail on his shoulders, fighting for every inch with the assistance and support of those he is truly fighting for, those who really know him, his teammates.

Pollard will be one of them, a far better teammate than someone who would seize the moment to promote himself at the detriment of a Pro Bowl caliber player. You will never hear Pollard claim that Zeke left "meat on the bone" like Joseph "the Vegetarian" Randle.

Amen.. I don't know how anybody watched Zeke repeatedly have to fight off two defenders in the backfield just to get back to the line of scrimmage can question his heart. Anybody who has ever had another large human hit them in the chest with a helmet or scrape their facemask across your arms as you try to fight for yards knows how painful it is to do what Zeke does down after down.. Or how about the 100 times he threw is body in front of a 275 pound dude with a head of steam to keep the QB from being beheaded.. Again.. a person "mailing it in" doesn't do that. He played the entire second half of the season on a strained calf and bruised quad. Never complained.. never made excuses.. just went out there and put his body on the line for his team. He could easily have shut it down when he first strained that calf.. I think we were 2-9 at the time.. But he kept fighting to be out there.. Kept giving up his body for the team.

It annoys me when people start that "he got paid and mailed it in" talk. Fine if you want to criticize the results.. or him for being a knucklehead early in his career.. I'm sure nobody here was a knucklehead at age 21-22.. right? At least the last two years I've taken note of his maturation as a man.. which I attribute to his lady love.. An RN who is a couple of years older than him and whom Mama Elliott absolutely seems to adore.. She seems to have settled Zeke down a whole bunch. Living here in DFW if he so much as farts in public it leads the evening news.. Yet there has not been a peep out of him other than the birthday party at Dak's last summer.. But hell.. if I was a 25 year old millionaire you would need the National Guard to stop me from celebrating my best friend's birthday with him.. as well as my own.. I believe he and Dak have birthdays just a week or so apart..

There is no denying Zeke was a big jerk his first couple of years in the league.. but of late he's been a model citizen overall.. He may never lead the NFL in rushing again.. but frankly he doesn't have to.. This offense needs the THREAT of an NFL rushing leader to function at its best.. It doesn't actually need one.

J-man

Reaction score
Like it or not Zeke's contract basically forbids his release until after the 2022 season. After 2022 he is easily cut.
Until then, there is nothing anyone can do about it so just let it go.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I personally don’t think this coaching staff is good with the run scheme by no matter the running back.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Never liked the pick. 2016 was impressive. Once he got suspended and starting doing dumb things I started to wonder. Then his lack of production was obviously tied to the Oline rather then his abilities. Then the big plays started fading. Then it was obvious he was limited bouncing outside and vision. Then the holdout.........then it was over for me.
The big difference for me. Was Callahan. Losing him and you started to see the OL fall off completely. Even with Pollack. Then the Alexander debacle (another great Garrett hire). While you can’t blame it all on that I see the correlation. I have a feeling Zeke is going to surprise a lot of people this year. I’m looking forward to drafting him in the 2nd round of fantasy this year because people like you think he’s washed lol. Not an attack just saying. We agree on a lot just not on Zeke. Is he overpaid? 100 percent. Do I blame him for taking advantage of the FO after they come out and say “gurleys contract is the floor”? No. Lol

Brooksey

Reaction score
Zeke is a tough inside runner but he doesn't have the ability to break away and he lacks heart

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The big difference for me. Was Callahan. Losing him and you started to see the OL fall off completely. Even with Pollack. Then the Alexander debacle (another great Garrett hire). While you can’t blame it all on that I see the correlation. I have a feeling Zeke is going to surprise a lot of people this year. I’m looking forward to drafting him in the 2nd round of fantasy this year because people like you think he’s washed lol. Not an attack just saying. We agree on a lot just not on Zeke. Is he overpaid? 100 percent. Do I blame him for taking advantage of the FO after they come out and say “gurleys contract is the floor”? No. Lol

Any good rb should go bonkers in this healthy offense with dak back.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I’m sure you can look it up. How many more yards, tds, and long runs does pollard have with more carries and a bigger role?
I personally dont think Pollard has the body to hold up to 300 carries a year. Thats just me though.