Time to move on from Tyron?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
For me, he is in the Sean Lee category. Not playing particularly well and gets hurt every year (and it's back and hamstring injuries, which recur). I know if we cut him in 2020, we'd only have $5 mil in dead money. In 2019, we'd have $10 mil in dead money. Maybe draft a 2nd round LT next year (or sign a free agent). And let him hang around for one more year. Then cut him in 2020. Thoughts?

Sean Lee hasnt played particularly well? Lol
When did this happen?

waving monkey

Reaction score
For me, he is in the Sean Lee category. Not playing particularly well and gets hurt every year (and it's back and hamstring injuries, which recur). I know if we cut him in 2020, we'd only have $5 mil in dead money. In 2019, we'd have $10 mil in dead money. Maybe draft a 2nd round LT next year (or sign a free agent). And let him hang around for one more year. Then cut him in 2020. Thoughts?
?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Tyron has 2-5 years left in the tank but I’d consider moving La’el to the left and get another RT...

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
1. He's 27 years old.
2. Literally in the prime age of his position with many more years left in the tank.
3. When he's played, he's been great.
4. As far as we know, none of his injuries are long term risks.
5. All of the above.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
They get hurt because they're tough and play hard. Playing Defense and getting constantly knocked around by 300lb players isn't a piece of cake. These guys can't keep playing like they did their first few years in the league.

Why some fans think a professional athlete should play at the same caliber as they did when they were younger year after year after year is absurd.

Then some fans have the nerve to sit behind a keyboard bullying our players by calling them "China doll/Injury Prone" etc...

Until any fan actually walks in an NFL athletes shoes, they have absolutely no idea what a player goes through with their body.

Then they want Dallas to trade/get rid of him by the drop of a dime. Lee is an excellent mentor to Van. Why on earth would anyone wish to toss a monkey wrench into a young player whose future looks so bright by the helps of Lee. Whose literally one of the best in the league. WOW
Completely agree. When healthy( I know he has been injured a lot), Lee is ALL PRO!!

BlueStar22

Reaction score
My god Cowboys fans earn their reputation of being the worst honestly. When Tyron made the decision to not have surgery last offseason on his back, I knew he'd be nicked up all season for 2019. Tyron wil be 2..........................8....................in December. TWENTY EIGHT! He has plenty in the tank. He just needs to get healthy for 2019.

Also, to my knowledge, Sean Lee has never played 16 games. He's a time bomb waiting to get hurt. Even he has to know that. Tyron is far from Sean Lee of the offense.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score

when Sean Lee plays he almost ALWAYS plays well. When Tyron plays he almost always plays well. The problem is only that they are NOT always playing. Keep it real.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
He's not where he used to be and won't ever be because of his back issues but have you seen the difference in this OL when he's out? It's very glaring. He is still a pro bowl level player. I do think we should start looking for his replacement because back issues only get worse but he's not even close to missing games as much as Lee does.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Every time this stupid thread gets posted we all get dumber. Just stop it already. He's played less than 13 games once in his career and less than 15 three times. Even at 75%, he's still better than 75% of OTs in football.

I say some dumb thing and put my foot in my mouth sometimes, but this bull**** thread takes the cake.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Even with two of his worst career performances (1st wash game and Houston) they still have him top 10.

If he gets 3 or 4 more solid post bye performances this year he probably finishes close to the top 5.

He's not even top 5 highest paid at his position and this portion of his contract was suppose to be zero guaranteed money so I have no issues with him on the roster

The next few years it's 10mil salary per year. Good deal if he plays like this and only misses a couple of games a year.

9darter

Reaction score
LOL. It's tough for people to deal with being a fan of the team, and at the same time being open to the possibility that Tyron has his best days as a player behind him. "Waaaaah, it just can't be!!!"

Frankly, he hasn't been up to standard. And the trend didn't start this year, no matter how aggressively you whine about it.