Time to put it to bed

Pants

Reaction score
This is stupid. How do you think Dak’s turnovers occur? Because he’s taking chances. Wouldn’t have many fumbles or interceptions by handing it off or dumping it off short all the time.

to you and everyone else that feels the need to take shots at me, I am not bashing Dak, I am saying that he doesn't throw the deep ball, he dinks and dunks and with a strong defense and running game, that works. But, I was saying the others where he was being compared throw the ball a lot - Dak has as many turnovers as them when they take more chances and go down the field more...I am happy with Dak - he has room to improve, but he is a leader - I want him to get a legit offensive coordinator to help him - until then, we have the bland clapper and lamehan in charge

my God

jnday

Reaction score
ding, ding, ding...
winner winner chicken dinner

Young QBs slinging the ball around will turn the ball over at a high rate.

Romo sat for a few seasons, then had Parcells micro-manage his every pass for a season.
Then he was let free and became a gunslinger that produced great totals but often a nasty turnover.
Then he became more efficient and fairly deadly as a top 10 QB.
Unfortunately he also got seriously hurt to the point every sack every Cowboys fan groaned hoping he'd get up.
Pads around his ribs and back were bigger than his shoulder pads it seemed.

DAL currently has a QB in the start of his career. What would be Romo's 1st year playing at all.
He will mature a great deal in time.
As he does he'll surely lose some of his running and durability but gain mentally and with reads.
Dak has not improved at all . His rookie season was an accident. He had never played at the level he did his rookie season and he never will again. He has only gotten worse. Keep defending this below average QB. Dallas is only wasting some good players careers because they won’t find a decent QB.

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
Funny thing about that GB game is he played it the same way people hate Dak plays...dink and dunk, taking bad sacks, and fumbled the ball on a 3rd down stalling drives. Yet, it is thought to be a great game because the stats say so.

I don’t have a problem with the game because stuff happens, but if we are going to hold that stuff agianst Dak then turnabout is fair play.

All true its a very bitter group of people that hold Dak to a higher standard because he took over after Romo was injured . It would be nice if they were patient enough to let him mature and supported him like they did Tony

keysersoze

Reaction score
All true its a very bitter group of people that hold Dak to a higher standard because he took over after Romo was injured . It would be nice if they were patient enough to let him mature and supported him like they did Tony
:clap::hammer::clap:

keysersoze

Reaction score
He only gets a pass from certain people on this board, most are in agreement that Garrett is a terrible coach. And I do agree to a point about Dak, some of his issues could be solved by better coaching, but some of his issues have been present since college, which more than likely means they're ingrained and aren't going away, such as his poor pocket awareness, bad footwork, and his inability to anticipate receivers.

Having said that, if Dak were to light it up under a new HC/OC/QBC here or somewhere else, I'd be the first to admit I was wrong. But I've seen enough of the deer in the headlights look from him to have my doubts.
Every quarterback has certain issues coming out of college. It’s the coaching at the NFL level that’s supposed to make a difference. Dak’s NFL coaches are much less than desirable. Dak should be groomed to be more of a pocket passer instead of forced into it. Allowing him to move the pocket, scramble and run for positive yards while gradually transitioning him into a pocket passer is what our dumb *** coaching staff SHOULD BE DOING.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Some of you people must live miserable lives.... He has won more games since he came in than everyone but Brady. He has led the team to a 4 game winning streak and leading the NFC East. He is not perfect, but he has led the team to winning games and being relevant. He is not Brady or Brees but he is winning in a Pop Warner offense.

Dak could lead the team to the Super Bowl and win it, and you people will be miserable and not enjoy it! I imagine that those most miserable people, Dak haters were at one time Romo haters, that all of sudden forgot how much Romo was killed on this same board.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
They've only throw deep middle a couple of times this year.....yea they don't trust the quarterback.
Or is it the QB does not trust the OL.?

His front protection has just gone in the ditch for him.

With 3 new starters playing OL..

he is under much greater pressure than ever before.

Add on the OL firing of the coach and transition there to a new coach mid-season..

and DAK has had to adjust to alot of changes from his rookie year offensively.

He will be OK.

When you see him take off and get a 1st down running..

when you see him score from 10 yards out..

you realize where his value is.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Or is it the QB does not trust the OL.?

His front protection has just gone in the ditch for him.

With 3 new starters playing OL..

he is under much greater pressure than ever before.

Add on the OL firing of the coach and transition there to a new coach mid-season..

and DAK has had to adjust to alot of changes from his rookie year offensively.

He will be OK.

When you see him take off and get a 1st down running..

when you see him score from 10 yards out..

you realize where his value is.

Also you don't have to cringe after every time he gets tackled and fear the season is over . It makes the game a lot more enjoyable to watch knowing he can get up after a hit like he took from Michael Bennett and continue to lead the team.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Dak has 5 ints and 5 lost fumbles this season total of 10 TOs Wentz has 9 TOs 6 int and 3 lost fumbles .

Goff also has 6 Ints with 4 lost fumbles #1 picks who would have thought Dak would be right there with them
Lets go to some Elite big money guys Rodgers has 5 lost fumbles , Wilson has 5 Ints and 5 lost fumbles Cousins has 7 Ints and 5 lost fumbles , Ryan has 5 INts and 5 lost fumbles, Luck has 11 Ints and 3 lost fumbles

The GOAT TOM BRADY has 7 ints and 4 lost fumbles How could that be more TOs than Dak??

Best yet Romo had 32 fumbles in his 1st 3 yrs and Dak only has 24.

Yes Dak absolutely has to clean this fumbling up but he is not turning the ball over by fumble or INT anymore than the top draft picks of his class or the most elite QBs in the league so the exaggerations can stop now
The excuses made for Prescott is fast becoming legendary.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Dak has 5 ints and 5 lost fumbles this season total of 10 TOs Wentz has 9 TOs 6 int and 3 lost fumbles .

Goff also has 6 Ints with 4 lost fumbles #1 picks who would have thought Dak would be right there with them
Lets go to some Elite big money guys Rodgers has 5 lost fumbles , Wilson has 5 Ints and 5 lost fumbles Cousins has 7 Ints and 5 lost fumbles , Ryan has 5 INts and 5 lost fumbles, Luck has 11 Ints and 3 lost fumbles

The GOAT TOM BRADY has 7 ints and 4 lost fumbles How could that be more TOs than Dak??

Best yet Romo had 32 fumbles in his 1st 3 yrs and Dak only has 24.

Yes Dak absolutely has to clean this fumbling up but he is not turning the ball over by fumble or INT anymore than the top draft picks of his class or the most elite QBs in the league so the exaggerations can stop now
Good illustration of the previously unknown:thumbup:! ,,,er,,,That's not commonly bestowed upon the FAN MASSES,,,nor,,, held in such DAK BASHING of esteeming qualifierso_O,,,,DAMN FINE POST,My Friend!
:starspin::star::starspin:

Blackrain

Reaction score
The excuses made for Prescott is fast becoming legendary.
There are no excuses needed just presenting the facts that Dak dosent throw INTs or lose fumbles at a higher rate than the elite QBs and his overall turnover rate is LESS than most of them .

Dak is in his 3rd yr has already taken us to the playoffs and stands a fair chance of doing it again and we have PEANUTS invested . We paid Romo a kings Ransom that screwed our cap even after he was broadcasting and won nothing after paying out Millions

Any excuses made for Dak are dim in comparison to all the excuses made for Tony over his career

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
There are no excuses needed just presenting the facts that Dak dosent throw INTs or lose fumbles at a higher rate than the elite QBs and his overall turnover rate is LESS than most of them .

Dak is in his 3rd yr has already taken us to the playoffs and stands a fair chance of doing it again and we have PEANUTS invested . We paid Romo a kings Ransom that screwed our cap even after he was broadcasting and won nothing after paying out Millions

Any excuses made for Dak are dim in comparison to all the excuses made for Tony over his career
,,,er,,,:confused:,,,ya!, valid point of vectored perspective,,,Man, I didn't know the #9's scalp was gonna be flopped out like this,BRO!,,, :facepalm:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is ironic. What you say is true of some members. However, there is another equally valid truth that has not been reiterated not nearly as often during the Prescott era.

There are some members, with unaltered and changed usernames, who zealously criticized Romo for much of his career but have not directed the same overt fault-finding at Prescott. In fact, their commentary for Romo's successor has been nearly polar opposite to that vomited at Prescott's predecessor.

it has been and continues to be a curious reversal of opinion. Just thought that other particular reversal was equally worth mentioning every once-in-a-while since the 'Romo Good/Prescott Bad' reversal is getting more play nowadays. Personally, I think both fervent vewpoints has been, is and will be equally unfair to both men but understand my opinion sits with the minority.

/mini-rant

Blackrain

Reaction score
It is ironic. What you say is true of some members. However, there is another equally valid truth that has not been reiterated not nearly as often during the Prescott era.

There are some members, with unaltered and changed usernames, who zealously criticized Romo for much of his career but have not directed the same overt fault-finding at Prescott. In fact, their commentary for Romo's successor has been nearly polar opposite to that vomited at Prescott's predecessor.

it has been and continues to be a curious reversal of opinion. Just thought that other particular reversal was equally worth mentioning every once-in-a-while since the 'Romo Good/Prescott Bad' reversal is getting more play nowadays. Personally, I think both fervent vewpoints has been, is and will be equally unfair to both men but understand my opinion sits with the minority.

/mini-rant
Agreed there is defiantly a group of fans that grew tired of Romo and embrace Dak . I was a big Romo fan and living in the Philly area took a beating over it. Eventually I grew tired of the gambling gunslinger style and yearned for a power running game and I guy who didn't opt out of the run all the time because he liked throwing it .
I embraced Dak because although not as talented as Tony he did everything in his skillset to win not just what he liked doing and he could take NFL hits and continue leading the team .
He is our QB now I see much potential if he is given proper coaching and time to mature I am supporting him

black label

Reaction score
Dak has not improved at all . His rookie season was an accident. He had never played at the level he did his rookie season and he never will again. He has only gotten worse. Keep defending this below average QB. Dallas is only wasting some good players careers because they won’t find a decent QB.
:hammer: