Time to put it to bed

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
It is the absolute obvious except for the fact that Dak supporters discount the fumbles Dak has if the Cowboys end up falling on the ball. An example of this is when happily reading off a stat line from a game in which they emphatically declare zero picks while Dak takes unnecessary sacks, fumbles but we happen to recover. It's a lost possession and almost as bad as a turnover as they always will end with a punt.

Any my dad told my the internet is full of internet tough guys who speak online as they would never do it in person as they would get their teeth kicked in. You win the award for Mr internet. Schmuck
I'd say the same things to your face....or your *** since that's where your head's at.

A fumble is a fumble whether recovered by the "fumblee" or the opposition. Loss of down and possibly have to punt or possible great field position for said "recovered".

Pretty obvious.

Let's talk about interceptions or onside kicks, shall we?

Blackrain

Reaction score
IN romo 1st 3 seasons as a starter he had 34, 31 and 28 TD passes. How does Dak stack up to that?????

Romo didn't even play a full season till he was 27 yrs old his first 2 yrs he did nothing . Dak took us to the playoffs in his 1st yr at 23 yrs old and has been starting ever since . Lets let Dak get the same amount of experience and see what he dose at 27 28 and 29 yrs old

Them

Reaction score
well, to be fair, they all have dynamic offenses that try to win so int's will come with taking chances; Dallas plays vanilla on offense for the most part and tries not to lose

...Don't agree there....I don't believe Dallas doesn't play to win....just because they've lost many a game, doesn't mean they don't try to win, or only play not to lose....most teams try to cruise with a lead, especially in the 4th qrtr., and mostly run the ball...sometimes it works, sometime it doesn't. At present...I'd say the team is definitely trying to win....fumbles, sacks, or interceptions be damned.:)

Blackspider214

Reaction score
As long as he continues to have pocket unawareness and poor ball protection, he will catch the criticism. He also has as many recovered fumbles but those are rarely plus plays.

And Blackrain, gimme any one of those QB;s you mentioned over Prescott. They make plays to overcome mistakes and he has to rely on the defense.

Wentz does not make plays. He is the king of garbage time stats and YAC with short passes. There is no real difference in Wentz and Dak in their short careers.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Then what are you arguing? Maybe you should be countering the very people pretending Dak is more than what he is?

Because me, who you are attempting to counter, what right for over 2 years now.

Criticize the folks who flip-flopped from calling him the next GOAT to trying to make excuses why him sucking isn’t so bad because another QB is worse.

If you have to tear down other QBs to prop up another, the QB you are supporting probably sucks.
It really works both ways

If the Dak haters stop trying to get the Dak fans to believe he is a slight better version of Tim Tebow....
MAYBE....
The Dak fans will stop trying to convince the Dak haters that he is just a young Tom Brady.

OR both sides can keep up with the foolish task of trying to change the others belief (which is the single hardest and most distructive thing that has plagued mankind throughout it's history).

JMHO

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
blah blah blah.. "dak is the best qb ever" there you go you don't have to make anymore threads trying to prop his scared butt up... it's official, "best quarterback ever"...

HanD

Reaction score
Dak averages more passing yards a game... then Romo did in his career!

dak: 219.7 ypg http://www.nfl.com/player/dakprescott/2555260/careerstats
romo: romo actually averages 255.1 ypg. nfl.com added 22 games to his career for no apparent reason that I can see in 2004 and 2005
http://www.nfl.com/player/tonyromo/2505354/careerstats

i don't know if he came into each of those games as mop up duty to kneel the ball, but he didn't attempt any passes those 2 years and they count that in his avg. also in his last year he only played that 1 drive vs phi and threw 4 passes so that brings his total down also. i don't think the 219.1 is correct per nfl.com

hopemsu

Reaction score
What's being put to bed exactly? And just because a fumble isn't lost doesn't mean it has not destroyed a drive. If Dak holds the ball way to long, gets sacked and fumbles and we recover, well we are now screwed. It's now 2nd and 18 and we will get a 4 yard check down on 2nd and a dump off to Elliot on 3rd for 3 yards and we are punting.

Dak supporters tend to only hold fumbles against him if the other team recovers. Either way it kills the possession.

so does incosistent line blocking, which means sacks. So does Cooper's fumble. Which no-one is talking about.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
well, to be fair, they all have dynamic offenses that try to win so int's will come with taking chances; Dallas plays vanilla on offense for the most part and tries not to lose
Sooooo, your saying we need to go "dynamic" and throw more INT's.... ok got ya.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Romo could actually pass the ball.

You mean like this...Over 14 NFL seasons, Tony Romo has thrown for a total of 117 career passing interceptions, which is an average of 10.6 intercepted passes per season. His highest intercepted pass season came in 2012 when he threw for a total of 19 interceptions.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
At least you have a sense of humor because you are going to be laughing or crying for a long time. Dak isnt going anywhere and getting better all the time. I have no doubts the line will be fixed and we will get a TE in here this offseason. Then it will be back to MVP status for our stud Dak.
Thank you!!!!
It seems no matter what we do each week, the haters will still appear, with no other options at QB just hating.
They only look at the bad each game, (not the win..lol) When we make the playoffs folks will still post crap about the QB that got us there..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You mean like this...Over 14 NFL seasons, Tony Romo has thrown for a total of 117 career passing interceptions, which is an average of 10.6 intercepted passes per season. His highest intercepted pass season came in 2012 when he threw for a total of 19 interceptions.
All of Romo's mistakes were acceptable and excusable.
None of Dak's are.

Blackrain

Reaction score

If I can add his 1st 2 yrs he attempted no passes and his last year he attempted 4 . So in the 10 yrs he actually attempted passes he averaged almost 12 ints a season . But with Tony it was never how many it was when they happened that was the heart breaker

silvrNblue

Reaction score
If I can add his 1st 2 yrs he attempted no passes and his last year he attempted 4 . So in the 10 yrs he actually attempted passes he averaged almost 12 ints a season . But with Tony it was never how many it was when they happened that was the heart breaker
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

jnday

Reaction score
Unfortunately it often went to the other team.
Not very much. It also went for a lot of TDs. Romp also passed the ball down the field successfully on a regular basis and with accuracy. Dak has never done that going back to his freshman year of college.