Time to put it to bed

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak has 5 ints and 5 lost fumbles this season total of 10 TOs Wentz has 9 TOs 6 int and 3 lost fumbles .

Goff also has 6 Ints with 4 lost fumbles #1 picks who would have thought Dak would be right there with them
Lets go to some Elite big money guys Rodgers has 5 lost fumbles , Wilson has 5 Ints and 5 lost fumbles Cousins has 7 Ints and 5 lost fumbles , Ryan has 5 INts and 5 lost fumbles, Luck has 11 Ints and 3 lost fumbles

The GOAT TOM BRADY has 7 ints and 4 lost fumbles How could that be more TOs than Dak??

Best yet Romo had 32 fumbles in his 1st 3 yrs and Dak only has 24.

Yes Dak absolutely has to clean this fumbling up but he is not turning the ball over by fumble or INT anymore than the top draft picks of his class or the most elite QBs in the league so the exaggerations can stop now
All those stats sound great but I'll bet that Dak has the fewest number of passing attempts of any of those other QB's you mentioned.

Kind of puts things in a different perspective don't ya think?

aikemirv

Reaction score
well, to be fair, they all have dynamic offenses that try to win so int's will come with taking chances; Dallas plays vanilla on offense for the most part and tries not to lose
They all want to use these comparisons but the risk taken are not comparable and the yard and points don’t normally compare either

Blackrain

Reaction score
All those stats sound great but I'll bet that Dak has the fewest number of passing attempts of any of those other QB's you mentioned.

Well to put things in the proper perspective you have to read the post and understand its about TURNOVERS . Fumbles and INTs . Dak probably has more rushing attempts then the other QB so the chance of fumbling is higher .

Bottom line Dak dose not fumble or throw INTs more than the other QBs so why do the haters feel the need to exaggerate it

Pants

Reaction score
They all want to use these comparisons but the risk taken are not comparable and the yard and points don’t normally compare either
Agreed, see: 13 point win

At least Dak got the win

aikemirv

Reaction score
Agreed, see: 13 point win

At least Dak got the win
And we did and that’s great but the win is all because of the defense.

You would have gotten 1000-1 odds that the Cowboys won that game scoring 13 points

Paradox

Reaction score
Dak is leading the league in fumbles with 11. I don't know how many of those he actually recovered but losing only 4 of them is either lucky or good offensive presence, depending on your perspective. Zeke is tied for leading the league in RB fumbles too. Our guys cough the ball up too much!

That being said, go Cowboys! As far as I'm concerned, they can fumble all they want as long as it ends in a W!

I didn't read 6 pages to see if anyone else mentioned that, but I didn't see it.

Paradox

Reaction score
Dak is leading the league in fumbles with 11. I don't know how many of those he actually recovered but losing only 4 of them is either lucky or good offensive presence, depending on your perspective. Zeke is tied for leading the league in RB fumbles too. Our guys cough the ball up too much!

That being said, go Cowboys! As far as I'm concerned, they can fumble all they want as long as it ends in a W!

I didn't read 6 pages to see if anyone else mentioned that, but I didn't see it.

My bad, 5 fumbles lost. Already been mentioned.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
well, to be fair, they all have dynamic offenses that try to win so int's will come with taking chances; Dallas plays vanilla on offense for the most part and tries not to lose

...and when you have a defense as good as Dallas does, you would want a QB that doesn't turn the ball over much.

You don't want a...say...Tony Romo vs. the Bills in 2007. 5 INTs in that game. Granted, he overcame them, but still.

When you've got a stellar D (which we did not have in 2007 or 2014...2009 was close but not as good as this one), along with an excellent running game, you'd rather not have a reckless Dak. Trust me.

Pants

Reaction score
...and when you have a defense as good as Dallas does, you would want a QB that doesn't turn the ball over much.

You don't want a...say...Tony Romo vs. the Bills in 2007. 5 INTs in that game. Granted, he overcame them, but still.

When you've got a stellar D (which we did not have in 2007 or 2014...2009 was close but not as good as this one), along with an excellent running game, you'd rather not have a reckless Dak. Trust me.
You see, many people are taking my comments the wrong way. I wasn’t complaining. I was just saying that he doesn’t take chances as much (various reasons)

renny

Reaction score
Can't wait to see the spin haha
Here's the spin. Dak could lead this team to a Super Bowl win and the hate will continue. He just lead the team to a win over the best team in football going into Thursday night's game.
Here winning is not a cure it's a curse for some because Dak Prescott is the QB plain and simple.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
We're winning the division, on our way to making the the play offs, and all of this with:

Most without Amari
3 back up linemen
A rookie receiver
A rookie LB
Linehan's coaching
Garrett's coaching
Moore as QB coach
And most fans talking down about Dak,

yet... He's quietly taken this team out of the gutter, 3-5 to leading our division after beating one of the most explosive offenses in the league.

Dak haters aren't enjoying this season because they don't like the QB. I don't care if they enjoy it or not, I want them to hate our team so much that they quit. So keep it up my Dak , run these *** ***** out of the Cowboys fan base, because unfortunately for them, Jones is going to sign him up.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Dak has 5 ints and 5 lost fumbles this season total of 10 TOs Wentz has 9 TOs 6 int and 3 lost fumbles .

Goff also has 6 Ints with 4 lost fumbles #1 picks who would have thought Dak would be right there with them
Lets go to some Elite big money guys Rodgers has 5 lost fumbles , Wilson has 5 Ints and 5 lost fumbles Cousins has 7 Ints and 5 lost fumbles , Ryan has 5 INts and 5 lost fumbles, Luck has 11 Ints and 3 lost fumbles

The GOAT TOM BRADY has 7 ints and 4 lost fumbles How could that be more TOs than Dak??

Best yet Romo had 32 fumbles in his 1st 3 yrs and Dak only has 24.

Yes Dak absolutely has to clean this fumbling up but he is not turning the ball over by fumble or INT anymore than the top draft picks of his class or the most elite QBs in the league so the exaggerations can stop now

Romo also threw for thirty-six TDs in only his second year as a starter. During the eight seasons Romo played in thirteen or more regular season games he averaged almost twenty-nine TD passes per season.

renny

Reaction score
We're winning the division, on our way to making the the play offs, and all of this with:

Most without Amari
3 back up linemen
A rookie receiver
A rookie LB
Linehan's coaching
Garrett's coaching
Moore as QB coach
And most fans talking down about Dak,

yet... He's quietly taken this team out of the gutter, 3-5 to leading our division after beating one of the most explosive offenses in the league.

Dak haters aren't enjoying this season because they don't like the QB. I don't care if they enjoy it or not, I want them to hate our team so much that they quit. So keep it up my Dak , run these *** ***** out of the Cowboys fan base, because unfortunately for them, Jones is going to sign him up.
LOVE IT LOVE IT

ClintDagger

Reaction score

Dak’s strength was supposed to be that he takes care of the football. The fact that he’s giving it away at a clip that rivals the league’s gunslingers is an indictment of what he’s doing, not a justification. Dak is essentially a game manager, except he takes sacks and gives the ball away like a gunslinger does. He either needs to cut back on sacks/TOs, or he needs to put up healthier passing numbers.

renny

Reaction score
Dak’s strength was supposed to be that he takes care of the football. The fact that he’s giving it away at a clip that rivals the league’s gunslingers is an indictment of what he’s doing, not a justification. Dak is essentially a game manager, except he takes sacks and gives the ball away like a gunslinger does. He either needs to cut back on sacks/TOs, or he needs to put up healthier passing numbers.
What difference does it make, Prescott got the Win and Brees got the Lose bottom line.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
Here's the spin. Dak could lead this team to a Super Bowl win and the hate will continue. He just lead the team to a win over the best team in football going into Thursday night's game.
Here winning is not a cure it's a curse for some because Dak Prescott is the QB plain and simple.
Every QB has haters. With Dak I think the sentiment of much of the fanbase is that he holds the team back. If he won a SB he’d win a huge chunk of those fans over. Most people watch Thursday’s game and think the defense, not Dak, led us to the win. They think Dak made some great plays in the first half then nearly gave the game away in the 2nd. But a SB would absolutely change the perception of Dak with the fanbase.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Romo also threw for thirty-six TDs in only his second year as a starter. During the eight seasons Romo played in thirteen or more regular season games he averaged almost twenty-nine TD passes per season.

Yes that's a great stat and Dak has rushed for 17 tds in 3 yrs while Romo had 5 in his whole career . Neither a relevant in this thread as it is about turnovers not TDs

cowfan

Reaction score
I'm confused. Shouldn't all Cowboy fans want Dak to succeed? This constant bashing is silly. He's the quarterback for my team and I want him to succeed. It''s the same thing as when people were hating on Tony Romo. Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman are not walking through the door next week, so I going to keep pulling for Dak. This is his third year and he's still learning.