Time to put it to bed

ClintDagger

Reaction score
What difference does it make, Prescott got the Win and Brees got the Lose bottom line.
Because that’s one game. In the regular season. People always say Dak is a winner, and that’s fine. So was Donovan McNabb. I think the hope is not to have a winner at QB, but rather to have a champion. For Dak to do that he’s either got to get better at managing the game, or he’s got to have better production. Doing what he does now, play well in stretches and then either disappear or play poorly in stretches; that will not get it done in the playoffs. Even Foles last year had to show up in the SB in order for Philly to win it all. He could have game managed and counted on the defense for the first two games, but had he done that in the third game they come up short.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
I'm confused. Shouldn't all Cowboy fans want Dak to succeed? This constant bashing is silly. He's the quarterback for my team and I want him to succeed. It''s the same thing as when people were hating on Tony Romo. Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman are not walking through the door next week, so I going to keep pulling for Dak. This is his third year and he's still learning.
Why do you assume people want him to fail? I think most everyone including most of his critics wants him to succeed. I don’t think it’s fair to call criticism “bashing”. Especially when many (perhaps even most) national analysts are saying the same thing as his critics here do.

Blake

Reaction score
lol...another Hate mongol yada yada yada next it's Romo Love yada yada yada yada.....I'll leave you the Hate and take a new Quality QB for our Cowboys as this is the missing link to Superbowl # VI for us...

You're weird... and so is your maligned obsession over Dak

Blackrain

Reaction score
I'm confused. Shouldn't all Cowboy fans want Dak to succeed? This constant bashing is silly. He's the quarterback for my team and I want him to succeed. It''s the same thing as when people were hating on Tony Romo. Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman are not walking through the door next week, so I going to keep pulling for Dak. This is his third year and he's still learning.

You would think so but there is a group of Romo fans that are still so miserable about how Tony ended his career here they cant enjoy Cowboy football without him and in some sick way hold Dak responsible . They will continue to minimize Dak accomplishments and exaggerate his faults no matter how he plays or who we beat

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Dak has 5 ints and 5 lost fumbles this season total of 10 TOs Wentz has 9 TOs 6 int and 3 lost fumbles .

Goff also has 6 Ints with 4 lost fumbles #1 picks who would have thought Dak would be right there with them
Lets go to some Elite big money guys Rodgers has 5 lost fumbles , Wilson has 5 Ints and 5 lost fumbles Cousins has 7 Ints and 5 lost fumbles , Ryan has 5 INts and 5 lost fumbles, Luck has 11 Ints and 3 lost fumbles

The GOAT TOM BRADY has 7 ints and 4 lost fumbles How could that be more TOs than Dak??

Best yet Romo had 32 fumbles in his 1st 3 yrs and Dak only has 24.

Yes Dak absolutely has to clean this fumbling up but he is not turning the ball over by fumble or INT anymore than the top draft picks of his class or the most elite QBs in the league so the exaggerations can stop now

Thank you.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Dak is going to have to be twice as good, to get half the respect. Im sure he knows that.
And why is that?

Fumbling in the red zone is unacceptable, for any QB, on any team. Throwing interceptions in the red zone is unacceptable, for any QB, on any team. Taking sacks that put you out of field goal range is unacceptable, for any QB, on any team. All things Dak has done.

I respect Dak for his determination and his leadership, and he is still young, so I expect him to get better. But, he has made his share of possible game changing mistakes this year. He does not have to play twice as good as anyone, he has to at least not make the mistakes that can lose a game. Only then will he be considered a top notch QB. Just look back at his rookie year, is that no respect?

Half the respect. Sheesh!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak did not take Romo's job. He earned it. People forget he was rookie of the year.
If it is 'Prescott earned Romo's job', I disagree. If it is 'Prescott earned the starting quarterback position by playing exceptionally and historically well as a rookie backup', I agree.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
If it is 'Prescott earned Romo's job', I disagree. If it is 'Prescott earned the starting quarterback position by playing exceptionally and historically well as a rookie backup', I agree.

Twist it all you like, the team seemed to agree that Prescott deserves the starting QB position. Frankly, I wish they would have let Romo compete to see who would be the best QB. But Garrett wouldn't let that happen. Which I didn't agree with then.

Blackrain

Reaction score
You see, many people are taking my comments the wrong way. I wasn’t complaining. I was just saying that he doesn’t take chances as much (various reasons)
And many think that is wonderful as they have watched an era where the QB lived on taking chances and changing the game plan to what he liked to do .

Sometimes it was a highlight reel , many times ended in disaster . At the end of the day it compiled a lot of meaningless stats and a couple playoff wins but no championships .

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
We're winning the division, on our way to making the the play offs, and all of this with:

Most without Amari
3 back up linemen
A rookie receiver
A rookie LB
Linehan's coaching
Garrett's coaching
Moore as QB coach
And most fans talking down about Dak,

yet... He's quietly taken this team out of the gutter, 3-5 to leading our division after beating one of the most explosive offenses in the league.

Dak haters aren't enjoying this season because they don't like the QB. I don't care if they enjoy it or not, I want them to hate our team so much that they quit. So keep it up my Dak , run these *** ***** out of the Cowboys fan base, because unfortunately for them, Jones is going to sign him up.

Maybe when Jerry extends him it will push the Romo freaks over the edge and they will leave us to enjoy Cowboy football. They sure will never accept Dak as our QB and will continue to pollute this forum with exaggerations and negativity no matter what Dak dose

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Twist it all you like...
I disagree that I have 'twisted' anything.
...the team seemed to agree that Prescott deserves the starting QB position.
I also agree with that since I have already previously said "...it is more accurate saying Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett took Romo's job." Jones is owner, president, and general manager. Garrett is the head coach. Those definitions fit the term 'team' completely. However, it is safe saying we will continue disagreeing over the applicable nature of the word 'earned'.
Frankly, I wish they would have let Romo compete to see who would be the best QB. But Garrett wouldn't let that happen. Which I didn't agree with then.
Some people continuely recite their opinion Romo and Prescott should have competed for the starting position as you have. I think it is a very good point.

Yet Jones and Garrett both were adverse to allowing that possibility to happen. It was highly apparent their decision had been finalized before it became publicly known in late October 2016 that Romo had been medically cleared and would soon return to the starting lineup.

Essentially, both men decided they had seen enough of Prescott to permanently continue forward from their established franchise quarterback. Logically, the decision meant both men concluded Prescott was a franchise caliber quarterback based on (only) a nearly 2 1/2 month long evaluation--including preseason. Some of Prescott's critics have and may assume both men had not already made up their minds but time will eventually prove its validity if-and-when Jones extends Prescott's contract beyond his rookie deal-- which I am 99% certain Jones will make reality before July 2019.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
You guys are all WAY too sensitive regarding Dak. I like Dak, I just think he held back by coaching. If he had an offensive minded OC, then I think he throws down the field more instead of short passes which gives more opportunity for picks.

I want success just like the rest of you but it is ok for people to say the Dak isn’t the best QB...with legit coaching, he could be one of the best
No one is saying he is the best.
Literally NO ONE.

What people with brains are saying however is the critiques he receives are insanely poor, often devoid of factuality or content and absolutely devoid of context..

Dak playing with "offensive mindset" is the crux of the issue. He and the team are winning playing this style which drains the clock.
Dak is moving the ball on a per play and per series standpoint at MORE than acceptable levels. 11th most efficient offense in the NFL.
People are merely in their feels because this team plays to shorten games and reduce point and passing yardage totals for BOTH TEAMS.

Dak has topped 240 yards passing in 5 of the last 6 games while the defense has allowed 240+ only 3 times and those were ALL wins where the other team trailed by 7+ and had to pass it late to try and come back.
His QBR with Cooper in tow is a top 10 clip in the NFL.

Balanced versus all available data Dak has been an above average starter since Cooper arrived.

Stats rarely tell the whole story, but Dak Prescott’s last 7 games:
•154-220 (70% completion)
•1,714 yards (245 ypg)
•9 TD’s
•1 INT
•5 rushing TD’s
Cowboys are 5-2.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
You would think so but there is a group of Romo fans that are still so miserable about how Tony ended his career here they cant enjoy Cowboy football without him and in some sick way hold Dak responsible . They will continue to minimize Dak accomplishments and exaggerate his faults no matter how he plays or who we beat

DAL had 1 winning season int he final 5 years of Romo as a starter.
ONE.
Fans are stupid.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Twist it all you like, the team seemed to agree that Prescott deserves the starting QB position. Frankly, I wish they would have let Romo compete to see who would be the best QB. But Garrett wouldn't let that happen. Which I didn't agree with then.
It was never simply Romo versus Dak.
Romo lost the battle with health.
The team could never trust him again as a 16 week starter.
They had been giving him days off of practice for 3 years and he was still missing huge chunks of time.

The team knew exactly what all it took to get Tony to games and how much the training/medical staff and Romo had to endure.
And they knew what they were paying him and that they had no real choice because Cassel and Weeden couldn't win you 1 game in 5.
Then Dak gave them a choice by merely being able to execute the offense and win some games.

Romo being retired was a mercy killing. He wasn't shoved aside rudely or mistreated.
He was no longer healthy enough to play the position.
The exact same thing happened with Troy Aikman.
And it'll happen one day to Dak.

Romo is living his best life now, playing golf and broadcasting. He gets to play with his kids and no one 300 pound dudes are trying to twist his back and decapitate him.

morat1959

Reaction score
I blame some of his fumbles on play calling. From inside the 10 Dallas has several ways to score. Zeke running it or a swing pass to Zeke. Maybe a quick screen to a WR. And finally, Dak running it in. But Dak throwing it into the endzone is not one of them. That should be pretty clear to everyone right now. They should be running plays that have a chance to work.

Nail on the head. Dak’s NOT a pure pocket passer so run plays that are suited to his strengths. It’s not rocket science.

morat1959

Reaction score
I don't have an issue with the fumbles as much as I have an issue with Dak's inaccuracy, lousy footwork, and inconsistency in his decision making.[/QUOTE

The fumbles are a result of the glaring issues you bring up.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Dak has 5 ints and 5 lost fumbles this season total of 10 TOs Wentz has 9 TOs 6 int and 3 lost fumbles .

Goff also has 6 Ints with 4 lost fumbles #1 picks who would have thought Dak would be right there with them
Lets go to some Elite big money guys Rodgers has 5 lost fumbles , Wilson has 5 Ints and 5 lost fumbles Cousins has 7 Ints and 5 lost fumbles , Ryan has 5 INts and 5 lost fumbles, Luck has 11 Ints and 3 lost fumbles

The GOAT TOM BRADY has 7 ints and 4 lost fumbles How could that be more TOs than Dak??

Best yet Romo had 32 fumbles in his 1st 3 yrs and Dak only has 24.

Yes Dak absolutely has to clean this fumbling up but he is not turning the ball over by fumble or INT anymore than the top draft picks of his class or the most elite QBs in the league so the exaggerations can stop now

The difference being, most or all those guys put up huge yards, points, etc.

It's a lot easier to swallow a few turnovers when you are also making a lot of plays downfield. That would explain the risk/reward ratio.

When you are similar in turnovers, but scoring 20 or under in 7 of your 12 games, that's not a lot to get excited about.

I'd rather deal with 4 more INT"s over a 16 game season and score in the high 20's consistently.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Why do you assume people want him to fail? I think most everyone including most of his critics wants him to succeed. I don’t think it’s fair to call criticism “bashing”. Especially when many (perhaps even most) national analysts are saying the same thing as his critics here do.

Because if you haven't stated but anything but your undying faith to Dak....you're a hater apparently.