Time to put it to bed

rags747

Reaction score
Dak has 5 ints and 5 lost fumbles this season total of 10 TOs Wentz has 9 TOs 6 int and 3 lost fumbles .

Goff also has 6 Ints with 4 lost fumbles #1 picks who would have thought Dak would be right there with them
Lets go to some Elite big money guys Rodgers has 5 lost fumbles , Wilson has 5 Ints and 5 lost fumbles Cousins has 7 Ints and 5 lost fumbles , Ryan has 5 INts and 5 lost fumbles, Luck has 11 Ints and 3 lost fumbles

The GOAT TOM BRADY has 7 ints and 4 lost fumbles How could that be more TOs than Dak??

Best yet Romo had 32 fumbles in his 1st 3 yrs and Dak only has 24.

Yes Dak absolutely has to clean this fumbling up but he is not turning the ball over by fumble or INT anymore than the top draft picks of his class or the most elite QBs in the league so the exaggerations can stop now
Is there one qb that you listed that you would take Dak over?

Blackrain

Reaction score
It was never simply Romo versus Dak.
Romo lost the battle with health.
The team could never trust him again as a 16 week starter.
They had been giving him days off of practice for 3 years and he was still missing huge chunks of time.

The team knew exactly what all it took to get Tony to games and how much the training/medical staff and Romo had to endure.
And they knew what they were paying him and that they had no real choice because Cassel and Weeden couldn't win you 1 game in 5.
Then Dak gave them a choice by merely being able to execute the offense and win some games.

Romo being retired was a mercy killing. He wasn't shoved aside rudely or mistreated.
He was no longer healthy enough to play the position.
The exact same thing happened with Troy Aikman.
And it'll happen one day to Dak.

Romo is living his best life now, playing golf and broadcasting. He gets to play with his kids and no one 300 pound dudes are trying to twist his back and decapitate him.

All true great post

Blackrain

Reaction score

First the thread is about turnovers not what QB I would take over another . Beyond that none of those QBs are available and we have no 1st round pick to draft one so Dak is who we have for the immediate future . There is no sense fantasizing about the impossible . I am discussing the turnover issue and how in needs to be cleaned up but is not at a level worse than any of the other young or elite QBs in the league .

Tired of butthurt Romo fans exaggerating Daks faults and people who cant stay on the …… point and discuss the topic. Discuss the topic FAKE FANS or take the short bus to another forum .

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The only guy on that list I'd take over Dak is Goff.

Luck is 29, has won less (60% but only 16-18 the last 3 years), been injured more and has 123M contract.
Wentz has won less, been seriously injured at every level of football, is terrible in 4th quarters and just not as good right now as Dak; while being more expensive.
Brady is 41, Ryan 33. Both get paid a fortune.
Rodgers has been worse this year than Dak, he's also 35 and uber pricey.

If teams did a franchise dispersal draft Dak would go top 10. He's a 25 year old winner. He has a lot in common with Troy Aikman for efficiency and winning versus raw passing stats.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Dak has 5 ints and 5 lost fumbles this season total of 10 TOs Wentz has 9 TOs 6 int and 3 lost fumbles .

Goff also has 6 Ints with 4 lost fumbles #1 picks who would have thought Dak would be right there with them
Lets go to some Elite big money guys Rodgers has 5 lost fumbles , Wilson has 5 Ints and 5 lost fumbles Cousins has 7 Ints and 5 lost fumbles , Ryan has 5 INts and 5 lost fumbles, Luck has 11 Ints and 3 lost fumbles

The GOAT TOM BRADY has 7 ints and 4 lost fumbles How could that be more TOs than Dak??

Yes Dak absolutely has to clean this fumbling up but he is not turning the ball over by fumble or INT anymore than the top draft picks of his class or the most elite QBs in the league so the exaggerations can stop now

Dak is a below medicore NFL QB. And he already reached his potential. This has nothing to do with exaggrevating anything.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Any player at his position will be scrutinized; but not as much as Dak due to the star on his helmet. Some Cowboy fans have even bought into the craziness that all Dallas Cowboys must be the best at their given positions, or they are trash. That is why some mediots have a field day calling out Cowboy fans. Dak has problem areas that he, and only he, must give attention. He is not the worst; nor is he the best. With him the team is winning more than they lose.

Romo and Dak are living in the age where attained technology breeds power to those who wield it. Aikman, Staubach, White, Morton, and Meredith should be thankful they had no internet to deal with during their tenure. I used them because they are perceived to be the best of what the Cowboys have presented as QB's. Yes, I am guilty of what I post to some degree, but it sure feels good pecking those keys to announce to the world my displeasure on every play, call, catch, run, tackle, and coaching decision. How bout dem Cowboys!

rags747

Reaction score
First the thread is about turnovers not what QB I would take over another . Beyond that none of those QBs are available and we have no 1st round pick to draft one so Dak is who we have for the immediate future . There is no sense fantasizing about the impossible . I am discussing the turnover issue and how in needs to be cleaned up but is not at a level worse than any of the other young or elite QBs in the league .

Tired of butthurt Romo fans exaggerating Daks faults and people who cant stay on the …… point and discuss the topic. Discuss the topic FAKE FANS or take the short bus to another forum .
Listen Dak played the best he has played since 2016, love the kid hate the qb and it has nothing to do with Romo. Dak does have something special about him called "IT", but his qb skills need a lot of help. I wish I could be all in on him but my eyes tell me differently.

rags747

Reaction score
The only guy on that list I'd take over Dak is Goff.

Luck is 29, has won less (60% but only 16-18 the last 3 years), been injured more and has 123M contract.
Wentz has won less, been seriously injured at every level of football, is terrible in 4th quarters and just not as good right now as Dak; while being more expensive.
Brady is 41, Ryan 33. Both get paid a fortune.
Rodgers has been worse this year than Dak, he's also 35 and uber pricey.

If teams did a franchise dispersal draft Dak would go top 10. He's a 25 year old winner. He has a lot in common with Troy Aikman for efficiency and winning versus raw passing stats.
There is zero in common between Dak and Aikman. Aikman was a pure bred qb who was deadly with the ball in his hands, Dak is doing his best to become some semblance of a qb. The only thing that Dak has over Aikman is the contract that Jerry will sign Dak to.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Listen Dak played the best he has played since 2016, love the kid hate the qb and it has nothing to do with Romo. Dak does have something special about him called "IT", but his qb skills need a lot of help. I wish I could be all in on him but my eyes tell me differently.

Agreed he played his best in16 and that is when he had veteran help on the sideline coaching him up with Tony and Sanchez . I am hoping Jerry gets him help in the form of an elite QB coach so he can reach his potential faster and not have to learn everything the hard way like Tony did only to be at the top of his game at the end of his career when his body was no longer up for the task

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
To be fair, who cares what those Other QB's did? This is OUR QB & he NEEDS to do a BETTER job at PROTECTING the ball.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
well, to be fair, they all have dynamic offenses that try to win so int's will come with taking chances; Dallas plays vanilla on offense for the most part and tries not to lose
Ahhh, the proverbial moving of the goal posts. ;)

rags747

Reaction score
Agreed he played his best in16 and that is when he had veteran help on the sideline coaching him up with Tony and Sanchez . I am hoping Jerry gets him help in the form of an elite QB coach so he can reach his potential faster and not have to learn everything the hard way like Tony did only to be at the top of his game at the end of his career when his body was no longer up for the task
This is where you and I differ. Tony could always throw the ball to anywhere on the field at any time, he had no issues pulling the trigger at all. Dak has not shown that ability except in rare instances. I do not believe that a great qb coach makes Dak a significantly better qb, I think Dak will always be the bus driver type. Now he can improve at that for sure but he will never light up the league with 35 TD's and 4k yards.

Blackrain

Reaction score
This is where you and I differ. Tony could always throw the ball to anywhere on the field at any time, he had no issues pulling the trigger at all. Dak has not shown that ability except in rare instances. I do not believe that a great qb coach makes Dak a significantly better qb, I think Dak will always be the bus driver type. Now he can improve at that for sure but he will never light up the league with 35 TD's and 4k yards.

We had the reckless gunslinger approach for 10 yrs with mixed results but at the end of the day no championship or even an NFC championship game . So I am all in on a more conservative approach that is pretty much the polar opposite of what the league is trying to promote . But as we saw it can neuter to high flyers by just not letting them possess the ball.

Blackrain

Reaction score

TIME FOR THE WEEKEND UPDATE Now everybody but the eagles and skins have played as many games as we have. My previous stats were with Dak playing one more game than the rest .

Ryan threw 2 more INTS and lost a fumble so he is up to 13 TO. Goff threw another INT and lost a fumble so he is up to 12 TOs Matt Stafford has 11 Ints and 5 fumbles for 16 TOs

Cousins threw 2 more INTs so he is up to 14 TOs Luck has 12 Ints and 3 fumbles for 15 TOs and finally the GOAT Brady threw another INT and upped his TO total to 12 Wilson stayed tied with Dak at 10
Hope this twists the panties of the butt hurt Romos just a bit tighter LOLOL

renny

Reaction score
Every QB has haters. With Dak I think the sentiment of much of the fanbase is that he holds the team back. If he won a SB he’d win a huge chunk of those fans over. Most people watch Thursday’s game and think the defense, not Dak, led us to the win. They think Dak made some great plays in the first half then nearly gave the game away in the 2nd. But a SB would absolutely change the perception of Dak with the fanbase.
Dak's holding this team back. Well they forgot how much the team was held back when Romo was out. UNBELEIVABLE

renny

Reaction score
Because that’s one game. In the regular season. People always say Dak is a winner, and that’s fine. So was Donovan McNabb. I think the hope is not to have a winner at QB, but rather to have a champion. For Dak to do that he’s either got to get better at managing the game, or he’s got to have better production. Doing what he does now, play well in stretches and then either disappear or play poorly in stretches; that will not get it done in the playoffs. Even Foles last year had to show up in the SB in order for Philly to win it all. He could have game managed and counted on the defense for the first two games, but had he done that in the third game they come up short.
Have you considered rooting for a team with a QB you like because Dak's getting extended!

renny

Reaction score
I'm confused. Shouldn't all Cowboy fans want Dak to succeed? This constant bashing is silly. He's the quarterback for my team and I want him to succeed. It''s the same thing as when people were hating on Tony Romo. Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman are not walking through the door next week, so I going to keep pulling for Dak. This is his third year and he's still learning.
I'm sure there's a team out there with a QB they like who they can root for. If you're that unhappy move on and stop being miserable.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

IN romo 1st 3 seasons as a starter he had 34, 31 and 28 TD passes. How does Dak stack up to that?????

rags747

Reaction score
TIME FOR THE WEEKEND UPDATE Now everybody but the eagles and skins have played as many games as we have. My previous stats were with Dak playing one more game than the rest .

Ryan threw 2 more INTS and lost a fumble so he is up to 13 TO. Goff threw another INT and lost a fumble so he is up to 12 TOs Matt Stafford has 11 Ints and 5 fumbles for 16 TOs

Cousins threw 2 more INTs so he is up to 14 TOs Luck has 12 Ints and 3 fumbles for 15 TOs and finally the GOAT Brady threw another INT and upped his TO total to 12 Wilson stayed tied with Dak at 10
Hope this twists the panties of the butt hurt Romos just a bit tighter LOLOL
Wonderful, now could you please list the TD's and yardage figures as well.