Time to seriously start considering possibility of Tunsil

TheFinisher

Reaction score
before yesterday's blockbuster trade there was a general consensus Tunsil would be a top 3 lock. This led to many crossing him off the list, however there is a very real possibility that SD could opt for Ramsey or Buckner and allow Tunsil to slide right into our laps.

This presents an extremely intriguing option and one that needs to be discussed. Assembling that type of offensive line could be the Cowboys quickest ticket to having a dominant unit that teams don't have an answer for, which had become a recent trend among SB winners in this salary cap modern era.

Sydla

Reaction score
before yesterday's blockbuster trade there was a general consensus Tunsil would be a top 3 lock. This led to many crossing him off the list, however there is a very real possibility that SD could opt for Ramsey or Buckner and allow Tunsil to slide right into our laps.

This presents an extremely intriguing option and one that needs to be discussed. Assembling that type of offensive line could be the Cowboys quickest ticket to having a dominant unit that teams don't have an answer for, which had become a recent trend among SB winners in this salary cap modern era.

They already have a dominant unit along the OL.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
The phone will be ringing like crazy if Tunsil is available at 4. If Ramsey is there or not the smart move would be to take the bounty of picks and work on closing the holes on the roster. Having said that I do not think it happens. Charges dream pick is Tunsil because their OL needs help. Ramsey will be the pick for Dallas!

garyv

Reaction score
Tunsil will allow them to slide down and add picks if desired. I would be shocked
if the actually took him.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Jerruh said today that it would be very hard to consider Tunsil given what we have already committed to the OL. I pray he is there as I think there will be trade interest in him.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
No it's not. He's not as valuable to us at RT. After his first contract, we'd have to pay him like an LT or he'll leave to play (and be paid as) LT for someone else. Unless we plan on cutting Smith in 4-5 years, it just doesn't make sense. On top of the money, RT isn't a need. Free was solid last year, has a reasonable contract, and the team obviously saw something they liked in Chaz Green too.

He's trade bait, who simply isn't worth the #4 pick to us, despite the fact that he's very much worth the #1 to other teams.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
The phone will be ringing like crazy if Tunsil is available at 4. If Ramsey is there or not the smart move would be to take the bounty of picks and work on closing the holes on the roster. Having said that I do not think it happens. Charges dream pick is Tunsil because their OL needs help. Ramsey will be the pick for Dallas!

Chargers have a ton of resources allocated to Tackle already, they will more than likely address secondary or DL... They have huge issues there.

Sydla

Reaction score
RT is still manned by an aging Doug Free who is average and can easily be cut for cap relief

Free actually was better than average last year.

And they likely already have his replacement on the team in either Green or possibly moving Collins out to RT.

Law of diminishing returns. How much better is your OL with Tunsil for Free? It had better be a #$% ton better if you are using the 4th pick on another OL.

Reaction score
Tunsil would represent a massive miss-allocation of resources.

I have to agree here. We already have the best o-line in the league. Adding Tunsil adds very little. Poor value. Tunsil is good, but the laws of diminishing returns applies here.

At this point, I'm hoping for a trade down and choosing Lynch. But I have to say that since the Rams/Titans trade, my interest in the draft has waned significantly. If you don't get Lynch, I see nothing but Quincy Carter's and Drew Henson's out there. And 6-10 seasons until the mid 2020's after Romo retires.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't think you pass on Laremy Tunsil because you owe 30 YO King Dunlap 3.3 million next year.

Maybe not, but then again the Chargers need secondary help almost more than they need OT help.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Tunsil would represent a massive miss-allocation of resources.

BPA is more important as you should never leave value on the table. It's better to draft the BPA and then trade him than to pass on him and take less value because your brain doesn't function properly.