Time to sit Witten

zerofill

Reaction score
If I was Witten... reading what "fans" say... I would go to another team... ridiculous.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Witten is too popular in the fanbase, Jerry doesn't want to upset the fans.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I'm sitting home and brought up the SB XXVII we won against Buffalo first time around.

Jay Novachek just killed them.

Able to get downfield..

able to shake off LBers and safeties.

Witten no longer does this.

Its been said this is his last year and the team is going to pay his $8 mil as a goodbye gesture.

This makes little sense to me.

We desperately need production at TE going forward for the offense.

The backups are strictly blocking TEs.

A true pass catching TE is on the menu.

Does this draft have such a player and when would we take one?

I know some think Rico Gaithers is the answer but I don't see him being able to stay healthy.

He's an experiment that has failed.

The chances of drafting a good WR at #1 seems remote.

But TE at #2?

What say you.

Who?
How many times have we seen Jerry do that: keep a star way past his prime. A year as a mentor. Another year as a "leader" and another year for sentimental reasons. Yes, Jerry's heart is bigger than his personnel brain.
Blimney! Until we move past this sentimental crap, we'll continue to hang on to aging, overprice stars such as Witten while others grab young players and groom them.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many times have we seen Jerry do that: keep a star way past his prime. A year as a mentor. Another year as a "leader" and another year for sentimental reasons. Yes, Jerry's heart is bigger than his personnel brain.
Blimney! Until we move past this sentimental crap, we'll continue to hang on to aging, overprice stars such as Witten while others grab young players and groom them.

If the guy wasn't coming off his 11th pro bowl, you might have a point.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If the guy wasn't coming off his 11th pro bowl, you might have a point.
Say, you think there is anything to this time-travel thing? It might be good to have a young speedy, Witten...
As per the Pro Bowl (a TV ratings disaster and a place for has-beens to show their talents for maybe 10 plays) good, market him to others as a pro bowler.
Just get him out of here.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Say, you think there is anything to this time-travel thing? It might be good to have a young speedy, Witten...
As per the Pro Bowl (a TV ratings disaster and a place for has-beens to show their talents for maybe 10 plays) good, market him to others as a pro bowler.
Just get him out of here.

Then get us more "has-beens" b/c the "never weres" sure aren't working out.

Roland

Reaction score
His numbers were a bit down along with everyone else receiving passes from Dak. But he's still catching over 70% of the balls thrown his direction and his 8.9 YPC isn't bad either. He still blocks well. ......... still playing at a pro bowl level. What the heck do people want? There is only one gronk.
Witten's 2017 Season
  • rec 63
  • yds 560
  • avg 8.9
  • tds 5
  • 1st downs 26
Along with what he brings to the table with his leadership and professionalism on and off the field, never misses a game for nonsense or injury. Yeah, he is our problem!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm sitting home and brought up the SB XXVII we won against Buffalo first time around.

Jay Novachek just killed them.

Able to get downfield..

able to shake off LBers and safeties.

Witten no longer does this.

Its been said this is his last year and the team is going to pay his $8 mil as a goodbye gesture.

This makes little sense to me.

We desperately need production at TE going forward for the offense.

The backups are strictly blocking TEs.

A true pass catching TE is on the menu.

Does this draft have such a player and when would we take one?

I know some think Rico Gaithers is the answer but I don't see him being able to stay healthy.

He's an experiment that has failed.

The chances of drafting a good WR at #1 seems remote.

But TE at #2?

What say you.

Who?
I don't disagree. we have been trying to find his replacement for several years and haven't been able to. and now we got a project with a concussion....until we draft somebody who is better, he is all we got...and that's sad to say

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Witten always ranks in the Top-10 of receptions for a TE but the problem is that his Yards Per Catch is clearly less than his peers and that's been the case for the last 3 years.

Witten's Average Yards Per Catch:
2015 - 9.3 (Kelce - 12.2, Ertz - 11.4, Gronk - 16.3, Delanie Walker - 11.6, Olsen - 14.3, Reed - 10.9)
2016 - 9.8 (Kelce - 13.2, Ertz - 10.5, Rudolph - 10.1, Olsen - 12.4, Delanie Walker - 12.3)
2017 - 8.9 (Kelce - 12.5, Ertz - 11.1, Gronk - 15.7, Delanie Walker - 10.9, Evan Engram - 11.3)

John813

Reaction score
We ought to change the name on the back of his jersey to 'Sitten. ' Right?

Who else is old that we can turn on. I'm getting bored with just Jason. Is Tyron old enough yet?

Hell we got some on here saying we should of cut T. Smith years ago.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Hey GMTB..

your new anacronym.

You are correct.

I say let Witten get his $8 mill somewhere else.

I've grown tired of the team wanting to win a SB first for Romo..

now Witten.

Its just crazy.

If Jerrah wants to keep trophies..

let his wife shop for somemore art work for the Stadium instead.

This has to stop.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Witten's 2017 Season
  • rec 63
  • yds 560
  • avg 8.9
  • tds 5
  • 1st downs 26
Along with what he brings to the table with his leadership and professionalism on and off the field, never misses a game for nonsense or injury. Yeah, he is our problem!
To me..

Witten's production could be redistributed to the other receivers for better results.

If we need 9 yds..

go to Zeke..

go to Williams..

go to Dez..

But stop dumping it to Witten just to see him not break a tackle and fall down.

GenoT

Reaction score
What’s amusing is, many of those calling for the indestructible Witten to sit would break into their happy dance if the Cowboys announced that Tony “China Doll” Romo was making a comeback.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
To me..

Witten's production could be redistributed to the other receivers for better results.

If we need 9 yds..

go to Zeke..

go to Williams..

go to Dez..

But stop dumping it to Witten just to see him not break a tackle and fall down.
If it were up to you we'd have no roster.