DFWJC

Reaction score
Witten's 2017 Season
  • rec 63
  • yds 560
  • avg 8.9
  • tds 5
  • 1st downs 26
Along with what he brings to the table with his leadership and professionalism on and off the field, never misses a game for nonsense or injury. Yeah, he is our problem!
The entire passing game was total crap this year.
The QB was 16th in passing yards...if we'relooking at total volume, he over-acheived:laugh:
Witten was far from a big problem for us.
I'm always fine upgrading though

Last edited:

cern

Reaction score
This man is killing clay pigeons like a champion.
start your swing from behind the target, swing thru it, shoot when you think the lead is appropriate and continue swinging thru even after shooting.

Roland

Reaction score
To me..

Witten's production could be redistributed to the other receivers for better results.

If we need 9 yds..

go to Zeke..

go to Williams..

go to Dez..

But stop dumping it to Witten just to see him not break a tackle and fall down.
I would be ok if Switzer got some of Witten's reps. I think Dez, Beasely, Switzer, Williams and Zeke in the backfield would be a nightmare. You cant double Dez and both of those fast, shifty guys Switzer and Beasely. With our Offense being so run driven, there is just not that many passes to go around. But to just want to sit the HOF because he is not breaking a bunch of tackles doesn't make much sense to me. Nevermind his 696 career receptions, 376 of which went for first downs (143 of them on third down). played in 132 of a possible 133 games. Yeah, lets just sit him, and go to Dez who has his share of missed games due to injuries and doesn't run crisp routes or go to Williams who doesn't have great hands and disappears at times.Anyhoooo, out of time and get to leave work now. Guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one. Have a good one Redball, Until Next Time, Go Cowboys!

cern

Reaction score
successful football is about creating mismatches. the quicker, faster back out of the backfield vs a linebacker. a te against a smaller safety, etc. mismatches are created by good schemes and taught by good coaches. our schemes are out of the 90's and easily understood by our opponents. it's garrett's way of playing safe. we have some very talented guys on the offense. but they are poorly used. the scheme and the coaches stand in the way of success.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I would be ok if Switzer got some of Witten's reps. I think Dez, Beasely, Switzer, Williams and Zeke in the backfield would be a nightmare. You cant double Dez and both of those fast, shifty guys Switzer and Beasely. With our Offense being so run driven, there is just not that many passes to go around. But to just want to sit the HOF because he is not breaking a bunch of tackles doesn't make much sense to me. Nevermind his 696 career receptions, 376 of which went for first downs (143 of them on third down). played in 132 of a possible 133 games. Yeah, lets just sit him, and go to Dez who has his share of missed games due to injuries and doesn't run crisp routes or go to Williams who doesn't have great hands and disappears at times.Anyhoooo, out of time and get to leave work now. Guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one. Have a good one Redball, Until Next Time, Go Cowboys!
When I suggest this stuff..

it's not arbitrary.

Of course overall he's been great.

But before he moves on..

we need a replacement.

Who?

I want to draft one and then PLAY HIM !

A pass catcher.

Somebody to help DAK.

Witten has been fine blocking for Zeke.

Time to move on.

Especially since this is his last season.

cern

Reaction score

it's not arbitrary.

But before he moves on..

we need a replacement.

Who?

A pass catcher.

Somebody to help DAK.

Time to move on.

I have to agree. it's time for a new generation te. the lumbering, better than average blocking and qb friendly safety blanket is a thing of the past. we need one that can be used to attack defenses. witten is no longer that man.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If I was Witten... reading what "fans" say... I would go to another team... ridiculous.
I'll put you down, Maynard, as being for keeping Witten until they wheels come off.
And if Witten is so fragile about what fans (understandably) believe, by all means, he should move elsewhere where they pay him $8 mil despite being slow, old and set in his ways.

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

it's not arbitrary.

But before he moves on..

we need a replacement.

Who?

A pass catcher.

Somebody to help DAK.

Time to move on.

Good lad.

Is there a reason why you write in sentences in a single line?

Are you a poet or insurance adjustor?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
What’s amusing is, many of those calling for the indestructible Witten to sit would break into their happy dance if the Cowboys announced that Tony “China Doll” Romo was making a comeback.
No, Geno, both the Romonians and Witten camps want both on the field, playoffs be damned.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
The guy just made a pro bowl and was one of the few guys on offense last year who did his job every week.

I have never understood "fans" who point the finger at our best players as if the lack of winning is their fault,.

2012 1,039 YDS 9.4 AVG 3 TD 56 FD
2013 851 YDS 11.7 AVG 8 TD 44 FD
2014 703 YDS 11 AVG 5 TD 48 FD
2015 713 YDS 9.3 AVG 3 TD 36 FD
2016 673 YDS 9.8 AVG 3 TD 33 FD
2017 560 YDS 8.9 AVG 5 TD 26 FD

How much more can his production decline before people get a clue?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Good lad.

Is there a reason why you write in sentences in a single line?

Are you a poet or insurance adjustor?
He likes to give space for line-by-line rebuttals. He told me that hisself.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

2012 1,039 YDS 9.4 AVG 3 TD 56 FD
2013 851 YDS 11.7 AVG 8 TD 44 FD
2014 703 YDS 11 AVG 5 TD 48 FD
2015 713 YDS 9.3 AVG 3 TD 36 FD
2016 673 YDS 9.8 AVG 3 TD 33 FD
2017 560 YDS 8.9 AVG 5 TD 26 FD

How much more can his production decline before people get a clue?

...but ... but the Pro Bowl!!!!!