Time to sit Witten

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
More easily read in iambic pentameter. But please, no haiku.:)
You test his writing skills? He, my good man, is a pauper of abilities!
Wait... A papel actuary of... um...

I was going somewhere with this and then it left me. Carry on.

cern

Reaction score
You test his writing skills? He, my good man, is a pauper of abilities!
Wait... A papel actuary of... um...

I was going somewhere with this and then it left me. Carry on.
Admiral rickover's ABC's. Accuracy, Brevity, Clarity. Just so we get the memo.

Corso

Reaction score
Admiral rickover's ABC's. Accuracy, Brevity, Clarity. Just so we get the memo.
I ignore memo's like I ignore 3/4th's of the people who reply to me.
Thankfully I'm not in the military anymore.

And the good Admiral would be slightly upset over your not capitalizing his family name.

cern

Reaction score
I ignore memo's like I ignore 3/4th's of the people who reply to me.
Thankfully I'm not in the military anymore.

And the good Admiral would be slightly upset over your not capitalizing his family name.
Spell check. Always changes dez to fez.

Corso

Reaction score
Spell check. Always changes dez to fez.
Technology... Our ultimate undoing, as a species that could have been.
Or is it? Such a conundrum... It makes us so much more, but diminishes what we are.

What is human-kind fated for?

I find this fascinating.

jay94

Reaction score
Give Hannah a bigger role if he isn't a FA. I've always liked him receiving and blocking. He gets hardly any receiving opportunities. As long as Witten is here a TE in the first 3 rounds is a mistake. We have blown 2 second round picks already, yes we all know his time is near.

cern

Reaction score
Technology... Our ultimate undoing, as a species that could have been.
Or is it? Such a conundrum... It makes us so much more, but diminishes what we are.

What is human-kind fated for?

I find this fascinating.
Artificial intelligence looms as a potential threat. But it seems more likely environmental destruction will get us first. 99%of the planet's species are now extinct. We're not exempt.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yeah you probably think preseason knotthead Rico is a superstar and Witten is holding him back .. smh

knotheadrico.jpg

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

2012 1,039 YDS 9.4 AVG 3 TD 56 FD
2013 851 YDS 11.7 AVG 8 TD 44 FD
2014 703 YDS 11 AVG 5 TD 48 FD
2015 713 YDS 9.3 AVG 3 TD 36 FD
2016 673 YDS 9.8 AVG 3 TD 33 FD
2017 560 YDS 8.9 AVG 5 TD 26 FD

How much more can his production decline before people get a clue?

Romo was better at him than Dak..........but you could say that about all our pass catchers. My contention is no that he is as good as he used to be. I'm saying that we don't have anyone better wearing a cowboy uniform. Until we bring somebody in that can knock him off the hill, he's the king. Kinda odd when people point to players doing their job and claim that they're the problem.

Aven8

Reaction score
Give Hannah a bigger role if he isn't a FA. I've always liked him receiving and blocking. He gets hardly any receiving opportunities. As long as Witten is here a TE in the first 3 rounds is a mistake. We have blown 2 second round picks already, yes we all know his time is near.

I've always though on any other team Hannah could be a big time weapon. I'm so tired of this offensive staffs non ability to not try new players!!! Once you're the starter with JG nothing is changing unless we have an injury. And we wonder why when a player goes down we fall apart!

Hannah has always reminded me of Dallas Clark and Cooley type TE.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Romo was better at him than Dak..........but you could say that about all our pass catchers. My contention is no that he is as good as he used to be. I'm saying that we don't have anyone better wearing a cowboy uniform. Until we bring somebody in that can knock him off the hill, he's the king. Kinda odd when people point to players doing their job and claim that they're the problem.

Define for me... opportunity costs or alternative costs.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Witten always ranks in the Top-10 of receptions for a TE but the problem is that his Yards Per Catch is clearly less than his peers and that's been the case for the last 3 years.

Witten's Average Yards Per Catch:
2015 - 9.3 (Kelce - 12.2, Ertz - 11.4, Gronk - 16.3, Delanie Walker - 11.6, Olsen - 14.3, Reed - 10.9)
2016 - 9.8 (Kelce - 13.2, Ertz - 10.5, Rudolph - 10.1, Olsen - 12.4, Delanie Walker - 12.3)
2017 - 8.9 (Kelce - 12.5, Ertz - 11.1, Gronk - 15.7, Delanie Walker - 10.9, Evan Engram - 11.3)
JWit's career average is 10.8 so let's not pretend that his YPC has suddenly nose dived into the toilet.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have had it with the fragile set, I.e. Lee, Rico, Jaylon. Romo was fragile, but he was old. Why do we choose to be a part-time rehabilitation center?
Wow Lee, Rico and Jaylon. That is such a lengthy list. Almost took me 2 whole seconds to read it all.

Refresh your memory of who missed the Super Bowl off the Eagles Roster. It's much longer.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Getting rid of Witten back in 2012 would have really helped this team.

This team has never known when to get rid of players.

I see, even though Witten was the Cowboys leading receiver in 2012 with 110 receptions they should have released him in 2012. We're talking about the TE with the 2nd most receptions by a TE in NFL HISTORY and 4th most by ANY receiver EVER.

Thank God the Cowboys don't think like you.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Looks fast to me. And it’s more about change of direction/power and agility than speed with tight ends. Gronk isn’t a speed demon and neither is Jimmy Graham.

Looks like a lumbering long strider with very soft routes. He's going to get by on size, physicality, body control, huge soft hands, and arm length.

I'm not pooh poohing him. That can be more than enough. That could be great. I thought Escobar should have beefed himself up to a similar size and learned how to play physically.

Trouble is, he's like Dez - it's all about ball placement for him to shine, and that isn't Dak's strong suit. Dak needs separation, and I don't see Rico giving him a lot of it.

I remember talk that Romo was killing the defense with Rico while on the scout team. I can totally see that, because Romo can place the ball.