CFZ Time to smell this coffee

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Here are some brutally honest statistics about the Cowboys I wish this Jones front office would be forced to consume this evening:
  • The Cowboys are 3-5 in their last 8 games going back to last December.
  • The Cowboys are 0-3 in their last 3 home games.
  • Those last 3 home gameshave given us these brutal stats:
    • Averaging giving up 40 points a game…at home!
    • Averaging giving up 202 yds per game on the ground.
    • Opponents have scored 17 TDs against our Defense in this 0-3 stretch.
    • Opponents have scored on 22 of 27 possessions in those last 3 games at home.
  • Our last home win was on Christmas Eve last December.
Those stats are not an accident or a “couple of bad weeks against good opponents”. Those stats above are now what you call a trend or some really, really bad habits. The biggest problem we have (after the owner/GM) is this is not a very good roster. And although it’s only 3 games and normally too early to write a team off, this one might be the exception.

Here’s the final brutal truths:
  • There will not be any cavalry riding to rescue this team.
  • Scheme won’t fix it.
  • Picking up a DT or two from the NFL trash heap won’t fix it.
  • Trading for a RB (probably less talented than the 5 good ones we passed up in the draft in rounds 4-7) won’t fix it.
  • Firing Mike McCarthy (though deserved) won’t help.
  • This culture is putrid. And it reflects the owner and his entitled children.
This is not a very good roster. Buckle your seats kids. This could get ugly.
And it will be this way next year. The relief comes in 2026.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Even if Jerry did blow up the whole thing, it wouldn’t matter if he was still in charge. He is Problem #1. It starts there….it ends there…
He hasn’t been in charge for years. It’s Stephen’s show. Jerry probably couldn’t tell you all the players on the roster.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Here are some brutally honest statistics about the Cowboys I wish this Jones front office would be forced to consume this evening:
Those stats are not an accident or a “couple of bad weeks against good opponents”. Those stats above are now what you call a trend or some really, really bad habits. The biggest problem we have (after the owner/GM) is this is not a very good roster. And although it’s only 3 games and normally too early to write a team off, this one might be the exception.

• Scheme won’t fix it.
  • Trading for a RB (probably less talented than the 5 good ones we passed up in the draft in rounds 4-7) won’t fix it.
On the "scheme won't fix it", I would probably agree but I haven't seen any attempt at alternatives. The Cowboys have "tried nothing and it didn't work.".

There are a long list of things that can be used to fix a broken run defense. Bear front, run blitzing, etc. Dallas can just sell out to stop the run and see what happens with the pass. They are giving up a TD virtually every possession in first halves. They have nothing to lose. At least try something.

offlimits

Reaction score

• Scheme won’t fix it.
You are delusional if you thought this was a "good" roster before the season. Maybe 8 wins but probably less.

offlimits

Reaction score
It really doesn’t and years from now they will look back upon this signing as one of the worst in Cowboys history.

I’m not saying Dak shouldn’t have gotten a contract (I didn’t want to sign him at all) but for what he brings to the table absolutely DID NOT deserve to break the records. It’s honestly mind blowing.
Before the season, I expected them to win home/away against the Gnats. Split with the Red***** and lose twice to the Iggles.

J_Allen

Reaction score
If you cannot run the ball or stop the run you won’t make the playoffs much less win a playoff game. If we had Patrick Mahomes and this roster it wouldn’t be much better. He has a great D in KC.
We all saw this coming 100 miles away. 10 years on the defensive line and then this off-season at running back and nobody fixed it.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, the team is like the 2017 Browns but in the color blue.

Going 1-16 honestly might be the best thing for this team. We need to initiate a 4 year tank plan that involves building up a solid Defense in the first year of the tank, then drafting a o-line/RB in year 2, following with a QB in year 3, and any other essentials in year 4.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And…it is a complete lie that they couldn’t afford Derrick Henry or other needed FAs. They lie when they say that. They could have restructured several contracts - in fact they could have cleared $20 mil in cap space but they chose not to.

Im not saying Derrick Henry would save this team. They have way more holes than that. I’m just sick of the Jones boys lying to fans that they “couldn’t afford” to sign FAs. That is literally a lie.
And just to add, we gave historically large contracts to Dak and CD. They somehow magically found almost 400M for 2 guys. The cap situation didn’t change from march to September.

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
Every team going forward will game plan to run against us and every team going forward will scheme to take away our passing game as best as possible because we can’t run and we can’t stop the run and until we prove otherwise this is what we’re gonna see each and every week. Teams running 200 yards rushing against us And running 53 yards on 22 carries ourselves, until we get behind and our broken down and then the passing game will start. It’s on repeat from now on. Cowboys will win some games here and there this season but not enough to get into the playoffs.

We could very well end up being the most expensive roster and the worst team for a first in NFL history. As for Dak, he didn’t play a horrible game, but he’s just not gonna win a shootout type game like Romo was capable of. He’s more of a system type quarterback now. And if you don’t have a good defense, he’s not gonna win you any games by himself. It’s going to be a long sad season my friends, actually it’s gonna be a long sad five seasons at least.

Brax

Reaction score

• Scheme won’t fix it.
It’s still too early, a get right game Thursday, I think it’s better to wait until thanksgiving to see what happens. I think like every season Jerry thinks he built a championship team maybe I’m just numb from the last 28 years of Jerry speak but I’ll wait a few more games it’s a funny league

Saltycowboy

Reaction score

• Scheme won’t fix it.
Not sure about all of the facts of this post but the cowboys lost to the Dolphins last Christmas Eve.

Majic

Reaction score
The last thing the Cowboys should do now is give up any future draft picks in a trade. If anything they should be looking to acquire picks.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
So you can make the playoffs.

Our schedule gets extremely soft in the second half of the season. We most likely will go on a win streak and fans will think the problems are fixed, to then get destroyed again in the playoffs.
This is how it will go. Can't wait for all the delusional enthusiasm from the usual suspects after a couple of wins against bottom feeders.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score

• Scheme won’t fix it.
Yea, I posted in the offseason that they wouldnt make the playoffs. I havent watched any games, but going about as predicted. The infighting has commenced, the window is closed, the HC has no power as he is a lame duck. They brought back elliot and kept Vaughn because of some nepotistic vomit.
The cowboys will never sniff another SB as long as a "Jones" owns this team. It's over fellas, the nostalgia is all you have

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The only way the fissures that were showing late last year weren't going to blow up was if they got lucky & started really hot. It's pretty clear that there are some divisions on this team. Some which seem to be personal at this point. Those don't go away. Anyone who thought they weren't going to continue into this season was a little naive.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
I would be surprised if anyone is actually surprised. Kendrick’s is the only starting FA we added and we picked late in the draft