Timetable on negotiation with Prescott

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think it’s fairly obvious why the team is waiting. It’s all about playing to public perception. They don’t want to look too anxious to meet his demands.

If there’s not a deal done by the beginning of the season then it’s likely he’s done here.

But all indications from both camps is their intention to get a deal done. They’re just no sense of urgency now.
I don’t see any real point in getting a deal done now from the teams perspective.

They aren’t getting him any cheaper than if he was on the open market. May as well see if he gets through it healthy.

Then what? New HC? New offense?

I have no confidence whatsoever that those two have the slightest clue as to what direction to take the team, so they will go with what’s comfortable…and that’s about 4/225 for Prescott with most of it guaranteed, and the next HC will have to live with it.

Common theme among head coaches hired by Jerry…you must inherit some of what’s already here. That’s never gone right.

Parcells had to wait until year three to implement the 34. McCarthy had to wait until year four to run the offense he wanted.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I think it’s fairly obvious why the team is waiting. It’s all about playing to public perception. They don’t want to look too anxious to meet his demands.

If there’s not a deal done by the beginning of the season then it’s likely he’s done here.

But all indications from both camps is their intention to get a deal done. They’re just no sense of urgency now.
The public perception is they look like they don't know what they are doing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don’t see any real point in getting a deal done now from the teams perspective.

They aren’t getting him any cheaper than if he was on the open market. May as well see if he gets through it healthy.

Then what? New HC? New offense?

I have no confidence whatsoever that those two have the slightest clue as to what direction to take the team, so they will go with what’s comfortable…and that’s about 4/225 for Prescott with most of it guaranteed, and the next HC will have to live with it.

Common theme among head coaches hired by Jerry…you must inherit some of what’s already here. That’s never gone right.

Parcells had to wait until year three to implement the 34. McCarthy had to wait until year four to run the offense he wanted.
Anything’s possible but I expect McCarthy and Prescott back next year. A 4th consecutive year in the playoffs will probably gain Fat Mikey at least 1 year extension.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I wish I could figure out his plan. If you are letting Dak walk you have to make moves to add picks to get in position to replace him next year. My fear is Jerry has no plan and is just blowing in the wind
Pretty much has no plan beyond this season. He pretty much plays it one season at a time .

And then does Damage Control and scape-goating following .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think the last minute deal they are struggling with is internal. Organizations seems to be heavily split. They need to figure that out first.
We’ve seen or heard nothing within our organization is split . Just fans .

Chasing6

Reaction score
Pretty much has no plan beyond this season. He pretty much plays it one season at a time .

And then does Damage Control and scape-goating following .
Trying to build a SB team 1 year at a time, is the dumbest thing I have every heard, but it is Jerry's world.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Trying to build a SB team 1 year at a time, is the dumbest thing I have every heard, but it is Jerry's world.
Of course but that’s what he does. And why we’re pretty much screwed. Remember he has no pressure to produce more. His job is safe.

But he can only hype and promote one season at a time.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The public perception is they look like they don't know what they are doing.
I can’t disagree, but a closer look may indicate they may have more of a plan than it seems. Down I-45 are the Texans, they think they have their QB and on a rookie deal, so are going all out to win the next Super Bowl. Meanwhile the Cowboys are idling in neutral. And in the Cowboys division are the Eagles who seemingly shuffle their lineup every time the wind changes direction. It’s had some success in recent years. Very frustrating for Cowboys fans. But Jerry knows he needs someone to play QB in 2025 and has none under contract. That’s smarter than just throwing money at it and signing a guy before you’ve decided as an organization what you want to do. Houston’s moves are fairly dramatic. They’re good, not saying they are not. Philly’s roster moves, except for the Barkley signing, are more just treading water. Signing past their prime free agents to one year deals to replace some past their prime free agents they lost to other teams. Cowboys are not making many roster moves, but they aren’t making any stupid ones. That’s a positive. It’s just not exciting.

Motorola

Reaction score
I think the last minute deal they are struggling with is internal. Organizations seems to be heavily split. They need to figure that out first.
I mentioned earlier this week when the thread started that the delay in getting the deal done is that Father and Son possibly disagree on which direction to go.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fortunately Jerry, like many on this very message board has come to the realization that no matter what scheme, or no matter how much talent you surround Dak with he doesn't have the physical skills or mental fortitude to compete in big games.
No matter what the cap ramifications, no sane person would extend Dak.
Seriously, Rush comes in with what? maybe 1 start under his belt and goes 5-1 with this team around him.
Enough of the " this is the year Dak makes the big leap"
Sorry folks, not happ'n.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Fortunately Jerry, like many on this very message board has come to the realization that no matter what scheme, or no matter how much talent you surround Dak with he doesn't have the physical skills or mental fortitude to compete in big games.
No matter what the cap ramifications, no sane person would extend Dak.
Seriously, Rush comes in with what? maybe 1 start under his belt and goes 5-1 with this team around him.
Enough of the " this is the year Dak makes the big leap"
Sorry folks, not happ'n.
Delusional Dak Syndrome.