Timmy Jernigan wants to be a cowboy

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
lot of players wnat to be here. just because they want, doesn't mean we should. and yes players take plays off or don't go crazy per se, but how many? JJ Watt doesn't take that many plays off. neither does Mohammad Wilkerson, etc.

I have read his motor is on and off. and he gets lazy and loses his technique and gets pushed around. all it takes is 3 or 4 plays a game, give up a couple of big lays and you lose. one or two big plays given up and you are shot. this is the NFL. not college.

Well if you are against players that take plays off then you'll have to scratch Clowney off your list. He takes plays off as well.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
Here's another picture he just posted on twitter of him and he's wearing a Cowboys shirt.

I'm a huge Jernigan fan and I'd love to take him at 16 and it would be even better if they got him in a trade down but I doubt he falls too far. I'd prefer Barr and Donald though.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
If Donald is off the board and there isn't a good passrusher at DE to fill in, I would consider taking Jerigan. His not as good as Donald but I think his the 2nd best tackle in the draft. I think he'll end up being a good player for us especially with Marinelli coaching. Like someone said he can play both the 1 tech and 3 tech and has some passrushing skills. He's certainly not like Floyd for sure.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Gotta wonder how many teams are turned off by his wanting to play for the Cowboys so bad that he is wearing their gear before the draft.

I like a trade down scenario here - see Frederick, Travis, circa 2013.

Teams don't care. Most understand that these kids have favorite teams, but that the money and loyalty to the team that chooses them - not to mention professionalism - will turn them pretty quickly.

The Natural

Reaction score
I think its a long shot he ends up here, but I'll say it would be refreshing to get a guy who really took some pride in the star. I think Dez was the last pick I got that sense from right away

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Im with ya, I think his more then a 1 tech

This may be unfair, because I think he has talent, BUT I was totally turned off in the National Championship game when he was SUCKING wind the whole drive in a crucial moment instead of SUCKING it up.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Mel said last night Jernigan is falling fast to the end of the first - he also said Bridgewater could slip into the 2nd.

A lot of you are a lot smarter than me about the draft but It's pretty amazing what happens to the stock of players in just a few weeks.

waving monkey

Reaction score
This may be unfair, because I think he has talent, BUT I was totally turned off in the National Championship game when he was SUCKING wind the whole drive in a crucial moment instead of SUCKING it up.

it could be just a cover but I have read that Jernigann had flu during the game

Common Sense

Reaction score
If the team thinks he can play a Booger McFarland role, they will draft him. It has nothing to do with an arbitrarily numbered space on the football field. It's about impact and playing time, i.e., can he be a three-down DT in this defense? I don't know the answer to that, but I'm sure the team does by now.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
With all due respect, you don't know what you are talking about

as opposed to you being it the know it all!! don't get offended.

reports about him is that he doesn't have a consistent motor and loses concentration and his technique and thus gets pushed out of plays and becomes a none-factor. compare him to Donald, where reports are he is got a non stop motor.

first round picks need to be solid. players who can go 60 plays if need be. go as hard as possible every play and not fall sleep.

are you a Seminole by any chance? why the favoritism?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Mel said last night Jernigan is falling fast to the end of the first - he also said Bridgewater could slip into the 2nd.

A lot of you are a lot smarter than me about the draft but It's pretty amazing what happens to the stock of players in just a few weeks.

Bridgewater could be selected in the first, but after his pro day and rumblings of individual workouts, I think he'll do a Geno Smith slide.

erod

Reaction score
I prefer Donald, but I'd be fine with Jernigan, too.

udas

Reaction score
Hypothetical case here, but say Barr is the pick at 16, Jerrigan is dropping, would you trade away the 3rd round pick to move up and take him?

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Hypothetical case here, but say Barr is the pick at 16, Jerrigan is dropping, would you trade away the 3rd round pick to move up and take him?

Nope.

I'd use my 2nd on a good OG, then use the 3rd rounder of Sutton or Easley (hopefully Easley). Draft is insanely deep this year, and those picks are valuable. I'd rather get two or three good players than one stud.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
He posted that picture on his Twitter account several days ago.

That is nice that he wants to play in Dallas and all, but that is pretty much all it is.

Exactly. He is advertising himself. His agent probably told him a range of picks where he could fall and he liked Dallas the best.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
as opposed to you being it the know it all!! don't get offended.

reports about him is that he doesn't have a consistent motor and loses concentration and his technique and thus gets pushed out of plays and becomes a none-factor. compare him to Donald, where reports are he is got a non stop motor.

first round picks need to be solid. players who can go 60 plays if need be. go as hard as possible every play and not fall sleep.

are you a Seminole by any chance? why the favoritism?

It's actually the other way around. Jernigan gives great effort and consistency, he plays til the whistle, while Donald has a habit of giving up on plays too early if he thinks he's out of it. Donald does a lot of walking around.

And this is all well documented.

jnday

Reaction score
I think its a long shot he ends up here, but I'll say it would be refreshing to get a guy who really took some pride in the star. I think Dez was the last pick I got that sense from right away

I agree. Dez us the only player on the team that has the respect for the star and allows it to show. Dez could fit in with the team's of the 90s. I think it us a rare trait with today's players.