Titans trade #1 pick to Rams

bounce

Reaction score

Most likely for a QB, so this definitely affects Dallas's pick.

Details:

The Titans have agreed to trade the No.1 pick of the draft to the Los Angeles Rams for the 15th overall pick in this year’s draft, two second-round picks (43 and 45), and a third-rounder (76) in 2016. The Titans will also receive the Rams’ first-round pick in 2017, along with their third-round pick in next year’s draft.

In addition to Tennessee’s No.1 pick this year, the Rams will also receive a fourth-round pick (113) and sixth-round pick (177) in 2016.

As a result of the trade, the Titans now have six picks in the top 76 in this year’s draft – 15, 33, 43, 45, 64 and 76. The Titans already held picks 33 and 64.

tm1119

Reaction score
Really opens up the possibility of Ramsey to #4 in my eyes. QB's go 1 and 2 and the Chargers are gifted Tunsil leaving us with Ramsey. I'd prefer QB, but if we are sticking at 4 and taking a defensive player Ramsey is the ideal scenario for me so not all bad news.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Probably Goff, the top 4 of the draft will almost certainly be

1.) Tenn- Goff
2.) Cle- Wentz
3.) SD- Tunsil
4.) Dal- Ramsey (what happened to the throw up emoji? Guess I'll just use this :banghead:)

bounce

Reaction score
I hate the idea of reaching for Lynch at 4 because we were so locked in on a QB. I really wanted Wentz or Goff, because they had a legitimate case for BPA and a need at 4. But I think Lynch would only be the need, but not the BPA by far.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Well I'd take Elliot or trade back grab a few picks, grab a pick or 2 in the 2nd and go after Lynch

Who's going to trade up now if the QB's go 1 and 2? The thought was if Goff was available at #4 maybe SF or LA would trade with us. Can't see a team trading up for Ramsey...

Sydla

Reaction score
Shoot............... that was the trade I wanted! I wanted both Rams #2s.

If Dallas was thinking QB at 4, they just got punked.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
If the rumors are to be believed and Dallas loves them some Ramsey, well........

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Getting Romo's replacement was a nice dream while it lasted, but it was never gonna happen. Jerry wasn't that interested, and hopefully some trade down option presents itself...I'm not anti CB at #4 like some are. In this draft, with the lack of elite talent, I'd take Patrick Peterson at #4 (top CB from 2011). He's the only recent prospect at CB (not player, obviously several corners have proven to be worth taking since being drafted) worth taking top 5, but I don't think Ramsey will prove to be worth the pick. Good haul for Tennessee though

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can't imagine how much the FO is going to be scrambling to find a QB in 2 years when Romo is done. It's going to be scary/funny.