Titans trade #1 pick to Rams

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Let me also add, I don't think they're going to have problems selling tickets the first couple years either, even as fickle as those fans are.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
One interesting idea no one has thrown out there, if the Rams take the Browns QB and they don't value the next QB that high, this could dramatically raise the chances of the Cowboys trading up to Cleveland's pick (if LA doesn't take their guy).

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
People predicting the Rams to suddenly be elite are going overboard. Even with Goff or Wentz they have a ton of holes and no premium picks to fill them. The right side of the their offensive line is trash and they don't have anyone for the QB to throw the ball to. Nothing resembling a #1 wide out at least. Furthermore, next year their defense is going to get gutted, with two of their best DL being free agents and Aaron Donals being one the year after that. Their safety position is worse than ours and they just lost their second best corner.

This move wreaks of desperation for a team that doesn't know it's own identity. They're certainly not one player away and now they've committed themselves to only being able to improve through over spending in FA next year too.

I think it's an absolute lock they are taking Goff. This is all about selling out a stadium in LA as quickly as possible. The local kid makes that more likely.

Rams have a ton of cap space in the next few years, they are among the top 10 in available room the next 3-4 years.....so anyone they want to keep they will keep.

The issue for them is that Jeff Fisher sucks and will continue to handicap that team. When is he going to lose the wonder boy tag he got years ago and has done nothing to maintain it?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We thought the same thing about Claiborne....everyone thought best corner by far and he dropped into our laps. And then he was far from elite. A lot of people have serious and significant questions about Ramsey.

True but Ramsey is more bust proof.

He's a better athlete than Claiborne and will be one of the more physical Corners in the NFL from day 1.

He's a true 5 star blue chip player in every sense.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Draft over. We lose. Rams win.

9C6Nx.jpg

Sydla

Reaction score
Rams have a ton of cap space in the next few years, they are among the top 10 in available room the next 3-4 years.....so anyone they want to keep they will keep.

The issue for them is that Jeff Fisher sucks and will continue to handicap that team. When is he going to lose the wonder boy tag he got years ago and has done nothing to maintain it?

That's a good point. The biggest issue facing the Rams for the next few years is Fisher, not their roster.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
According to Value it could work, but I would like to get their 15, 33 and 43.

1800<2100 we may have to give a 4th to sweeten the pot.
2nd round has some meat on the bone in this draft!
Dallas 4 pick = 1800
Titans pick 15=1050
Titans pick 33=580
Titans pick 43=470
Titans pick 45=450
Titans pick 64=270

So, we are going to give them a 4th which is worth about 100 pts for the 300 pt difference? The likelihood is we would have to accept less than our 1800 to trade down....with so many teams interested in getting more picks in the second and third, which is what we have heard in regard to most all of the teams toward the top, you ae going to have to maybe take a little less.

We likely would able to get 15, 43 and 64 , which adds up to 1790, at best. Or maybe 15, 33 and 64 and possibly have to give back our 4th....that would be 1900 even swap.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
So, we are going to give them a 4th which is worth about 100 pts for the 300 pt difference? The likelihood is we would have to accept less than our 1800 to trade down....with so many teams interested in getting more picks in the second and third, which is what we have heard in regard to most all of the teams toward the top, you ae going to have to maybe take a little less.

We likely would able to get 15, 43 and 64 , which adds up to 1790, at best. Or maybe 15, 33 and 64 and possibly have to give back our 4th....that would be 1900 even swap.

Tenn might be a little loose with the picks though. they just made a mega deal and could still get the player they were going to draft anyway at 4.
They might not want to part with that 33, but it would be cool to have back to back picks at 33 and 34.
They get the player they wanted and got next years first and third and this year's third from the Rams if they trade with us.

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
My dream qb scenario would be getting hackenberg or Prescott in the 4th. The 4th comp would be a real dream haha

btcutter

Reaction score
Bosa is not an elite DE.

If I am taking a defensive player at 4, he better be an elite defender.

What makes you think Bosa wouldn't be an elite defender? Has he not produced every year he's played or win all the accolades? None of us really knows for certain.

If someone would have told this board that Bosa is available with out pick this time last time I am pretty certain this board would have jumped for joy.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Thought I'd drop this nugget here since we had mentioned the possibility of trading down with the Titans if Tunsil fell to us at #4.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/04/18/tennessee-titans-jon-robinson-draft-picks-trade

^ What I thought all along. ^

Either the Chargers or the Cowboys are going to be in a spot to collect extra picks from the Titans, assuming the Titans want Tunsil and the Browns don't take him.

And don't believe the smoke screen, the Browns are taking a quarterback. Their fans will riot if they don't.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Thought I'd drop this nugget here since we had mentioned the possibility of trading down with the Titans if Tunsil fell to us at #4.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/04/18/tennessee-titans-jon-robinson-draft-picks-trade

Kind of assumed this all along.
Cash in on the crazy values of the very top pick and then back up into a range where the players really should be valued at this year--which is in the 6-12 range (with the exception of Tunsil and maybe Ramsey)..and still keep a bunch of valuable picks for your trouble.