Titans trade #1 pick to Rams

Bigdog

Reaction score
Wow. Titans are sitting pretty now if they make the right picks. I think that Rams are going after Goff since he is the most NFL ready and he better be good since there will be a lot of pressure on him. This probably puts talks of the Eagles not getting a Goff or Wentz. They just don't have enough picks. It would be nice maybe to trade with the Titans an get some of those picks now if there is no one at 4 we like.

nathanlt

Reaction score
With this trade-up by the Rams, there is less incentive for other teams to trade up and get a QB, the top 2 quarterbacks are likely gone by pick #3. With less incentive to trade up, Dallas has fewer options to trade down now. They'd better pick well! (By that, I mean safe, not just BPA, but near certain success. While there are plenty of reasons not to go running back, I ask this question.

Why shouldn't Dallas re-establish its identity with a DeMarco Murray type rushing attack in 2016?

Ezekiel Elliott, the stage is now set.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
That has to be for Goff I'd think

I'm thinking Wentz. Type of football player that Jeff Fisher likes. The similarities are pretty close to McNair...small school QB that lit it up. Big guy that can run.

YR

Sydla

Reaction score
With this trade-up by the Rams, there is less incentive for other teams to trade up and get a QB, the top 2 quarterbacks are likely gone by pick #3. With less incentive to trade up, Dallas has fewer options to trade down now. They'd better pick well! (By that, I mean safe, not just BPA, but near certain success. While there are plenty of reasons not to go running back, I ask this question.

Why shouldn't Dallas re-establish its identity with a DeMarco Murray type rushing attack in 2016?

Ezekiel Elliott, the stage is now set.

Murray was a 3rd round pick, don't forget. You can create the 2014 rushing attack without having to use the 4th pick on Elliott.

Call Tennessee and see how badly they want Tunsil if he falls to four. Then trade back with them.

BermyStar

Reaction score
What a great deal Tennessee. With their qb in place the right moves would set them up nicely.

I got no problem with who the front office takes at 4. Lots of great options. For the record I like Ramsey.

CIWhitefish

Reaction score
See below from rotoworld.com

"The Los Angeles Times' Sam Farmer reports the Rams are targeting North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz with the No. 1 overall pick."

Word was leaking out Cleveland liked Goff better anyway so #1 and #2 are pretty solid.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I know many are upset, but the Rams had more to offer than the Cowboys. It just happens that way sometimes.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If the rumors are to be believed and Dallas loves them some Ramsey, well........

As they should.. A elite Corner prospect for 4 million dollars a year. That's crazy.

It's just not as impactful as getting a Carson Wentz would've been.

Maybe this gets us Nick Foles in a trade.

reddyuta

Reaction score
It has to be for Goff,I am not even sure the Browns go for Wentz here,they may trade the pick to the eagles.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm thinking Wentz. Type of football player that Jeff Fisher likes. The similarities are pretty close to McNair...small school QB that lit it up. Big guy that can run.

YR

Plus, he can lean on Gurley.

CIWhitefish

Reaction score
Here's hoping Broaddus is right and the phone rings if the draft goes Wentz, Goff, Ramsey.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm personally glad we didn't give up a ton of our resources. I still believe in Romo!

I wanted a quarterback, but I really wasn't sure how franchise Wentz or Goff were. And like you, I didn't want us to give up the farm for either. I just don't see them in the same mold of Elway or Peyton Manning.