Titans trade #1 pick to Rams

dfense

Reaction score
I know what's going to happen. Wentz and Goff go 1 and 2. Ramsey goes 3.

There we sit at 4 with Tunsil sitting there and we don't want to take another OL with a premium pick and no other team is making fair offers for #4.

So we panic and take Bosa.

Awesome.

I like that, picking arguably one of the best two defensive players in the draft is panicking.

Sydla

Reaction score
People predicting the Rams to suddenly be elite are going overboard. Even with Goff or Wentz they have a ton of holes and no premium picks to fill them. The right side of the their offensive line is trash and they don't have anyone for the QB to throw the ball to. Nothing resembling a #1 wide out at least. Furthermore, next year their defense is going to get gutted, with two of their best DL being free agents and Aaron Donals being one the year after that. Their safety position is worse than ours and they just lost their second best corner.

This move wreaks of desperation for a team that doesn't know it's own identity. They're certainly not one player away and now they've committed themselves to only being able to improve through over spending in FA next year too.

I think it's an absolute lock they are taking Goff. This is all about selling out a stadium in LA as quickly as possible. The local kid makes that more likely.

Goff isn't a "local" kid. He grew up in Northern California. 400 miles away from LA.

They will have plenty of cap space to play with and if they want, they can cut Foles to create additional cap space after this season.

If whatever QB they take is a hit, and it will likely be Wentz, they very well could be a top flight team in a couple of years.

Sydla

Reaction score
I like that, picking arguably one of the best two defensive players in the draft is panicking.

Bosa is not an elite DE.

If I am taking a defensive player at 4, he better be an elite defender.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
If Tunsil is there. there, there's trade back value if we want it. And there's nothing wrong with Bosa as a consolation prize in a pinch. And maybe this is an object lesson in why hoping to lose games for a higher draft pick is silly. Good teams are built with picks from all over the draft order.

The Rams got fleeced here and are taking a huge risk on a player with a lot of important unanswered questions. If it pays off, they jumpstarted the franchise, assuming they can put players around him. If it's a whiff, they set the team back 5 years on their way into a new market. Either way, it's insane to think it would have been a good idea for Dallas to try to compete with that offer. That would have been disastrous.

I won't presume to know what other teams are going to offer the Cowboys in two weeks. There may be value, but I don't know if it's going to be good value.

I am absolutely fine with Bosa. In fact, I am one of the few who was in and have remained in the Bosa camp throughout this whole process. I am only scared about getting fleeced in a trade back. This team has a tendency to make knee-jerk reactions to these situations. I don't take a trade back just because it's offered. Furthermore, I have absolutely no problem picking Tunsil.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
"As many are already saying, the Titans could do 15, 43, and 45 to Dallas to get back to 4 and keep next years extra #1. #Tunsil"
-Bob Sturm on twitter

That would be interesting

According to Value it could work, but I would like to get their 15, 33 and 43.

1800<2100 we may have to give a 4th to sweeten the pot.
2nd round has some meat on the bone in this draft!
Dallas 4 pick = 1800
Titans pick 15=1050
Titans pick 33=580
Titans pick 43=470
Titans pick 45=450
Titans pick 64=270

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Goff isn't a "local" kid. He grew up in Northern California. 400 miles away from LA.

They will have plenty of cap space to play with and if they want, they can cut Foles to create additional cap space after this season.

If whatever QB they take is a hit, and it will likely be Wentz, they very well could be a top flight team in a couple of years.

"Local" as far as NFL prospects go. I think Goff is a lock and the better prospect to boot.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
If Tunsil falls to 4 run to the podium and know you have the most dominant OL in football for the next decade. It keeps romo upright, it helps the defense, it's a no brainer

Sydla

Reaction score
"Local" as far as NFL prospects go. I think Goff is a lock and the better prospect to boot.

He's not local enough to draw fans to a stadium in LA.

Now if he ended up in San Fran, that's a different story. He's a local kid for the 49ers.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
He's not local enough to draw fans to a stadium in LA.

Now if he ended up in San Fran, that's a different story. He's a local kid for the 49ers.

If you don't think their are hundreds of thousands of Cal fans peppered throughout California, you are missing something.

Similar to the Cowboys grabbing a QB from Lubbock, it's going to sell tickets. There's no doubt about it. People will absolutely make that drive to see someone from their alma mater play.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I disagree. I think his ceiling is a pretty good SDE. I need more than that from the 4th pick.

I'll say there is a much greater chance that Bosa is an impact defender than there is for Ramsey or Jack. Bosa has the measurables, motor, pedigree and production.

dfense

Reaction score
And that's the other other thing .... if Wentz turns out to be the guy, the Rams are going to be an NFC superpower, along with the Panthers and Seattle probably still being good for a long time.

Well they've been pretty bad with all the additions so far. I guess the worm has to turn at some point right?

More like first year QB fails to deliver, team goes 8-8 Jeff Fisher fired, team with some talent, adrift without a rudder and no draft picks in the cupboard.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I won't presume to know what other teams are going to offer the Cowboys in two weeks. There may be value, but I don't know if it's going to be good value.

I am absolutely fine with Bosa. In fact, I am one of the few who was in and have remained in the Bosa camp throughout this whole process. I am only scared about getting fleeced in a trade back. This team has a tendency to make knee-jerk reactions to these situations. I don't take a trade back just because it's offered. Furthermore, I have absolutely no problem picking Tunsil.

What knee jerk? The Frederick trade? We got stuck there and took a bad deal, but I don't consider that knee-jerk. We did the math and thought our guy would still be there and took the risk. The Claiborne trade? That was a good value for us, we just missed on the player.

In any event, we'll have plenty of time to sort it out. The obvious trade would be to give Tunsil back to the Titans if they want him for the 15 and the 2 second rounders. That would be a great move in that situation if the QBs are gone. Or we sit tight and take Bosa and don't overthink it. Or maybe CLE goes Ramsey and Goff is there for us and we end up with the QB anyway.

Either way, picking at #4 with more than 4 good players on the board, we can't really mess it up.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
What knee jerk? The Frederick trade? We got stuck there and took a bad deal, but I don't consider that knee-jerk. We did the math and thought our guy would still be there and took the risk. The Claiborne trade? That was a good value for us, we just missed on the player.

In any event, we'll have plenty of time to sort it out. The obvious trade would be to give Tunsil back to the Titans if they want him for the 15 and the 2 second rounders. That would be a great move in that situation if the QBs are gone. Or we sit tight and take Bosa and don't overthink it. Or maybe CLE goes Ramsey and Goff is there for us and we end up with the QB anyway.

Either way, picking at #4 with more than 4 good players on the board, we can't really mess it up.

If we get #15 and the second rounders I would be a very happy man.

Sydla

Reaction score
If you don't think their are hundreds of thousands of Cal fans peppered throughout California, you are missing something.

Similar to the Cowboys grabbing a QB from Lubbock, it's going to sell tickets. There's no doubt about it. People will absolutely make that drive to see someone from their alma mater play.

Well the Cowboys would likely be the dominant team in Lubbock as there is no other team closer.

Most people in the San Fran area are 49ers fans, not LA fans. So no, I don't think thousands are going to flock from 400 miles up north, likely being 49ers fans, to go watch Goff play.

The notion that a particular player is going to sell tickets is way overblown. Further, I doubt the Rams are going to have any trouble selling tickets anyway regardless of who they take.