TLH: Dallas Cowboys: Will Jerry Jones take down Roger Goodell?

links18

Reaction score
How many people think that we'll have at least one player on our team take a knee during the national anthem on Monday night...and will Jerry follow through on his statement that such a player will not be on this team for long??

When did he say that?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
LoL:lmao::lmao::lmao:
I've got CBS NFL today on the tube,,, they've actually got some hemorrhoid creature from " face the nation" spewing some absolute casing-liner blather,,,, :huh:,,, now that I've suffered thru listening to Pete Carroll , I've got some hag of a pickle faced and casing liner preach about Community activist ,,, SHEESE,,, THIS N.F.L. as of TODAY! CAN BLOW ME and crawl of gaggingo_O

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
LoL:lmao::lmao::lmao:
I've got CBS NFL today on the tube,,, they've actually got some hemorrhoid creature from " face the nation" spewing some absolute casing-liner blather,,,, :huh:,,, now that I've suffered thru listening to Pete Carroll , I've got some hag of a pickle faced and casing liner preach about Community activist ,,, SHEESE,,, THIS N.F.L. as of TODAY! CAN BLOW ME and crawl of gaggingo_O
Them casing-liners out of control, brother!?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The majority of the country which will come to the NFL rescue if necessary because they will support the cause and are on the right side of history.

The segment that is being fed by the " red meat" being tossed out does Not represent the majority. They up until now have just been the most vocal.
The "Right side of history". Perfect phrase. Now study all the issues in the past and see which side supported which issue.

Now apply what you've learned to today's issues.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
that right there is one honorable message - right side of history, huh? /s

49ers-camp-football.jpg
Not as extreme as shooting unarmed innocent people, but it sends a message as well.

shabazz

Reaction score
I'm trying to be a reformed poster. My last benching cost me 30 days. I'm not down with being benched so I have to care and do what is contrary to my instincts of making political commentary. It ain't easy but I'm able to resist the temptation. What makes it harder is seeing others getting away with doing it. I just have to hope the mods do their jobs by holding others as accountable as they've been with me. Meanwhile, I just shut up about it and eat my popcorn. :):popcorn:

I understand your point. Many of us don't impose our political views in this forum for obvious reasons but we do make our statements through consumer choices, voting, and donating our money to the causes we believe in. I believe the NFL will pay a heavy price from the silent majority of fans. Research the demograph of the NFL fan base and it will be an eye opener.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I understand your point. Many of us don't impose our political views in this forum for obvious reasons but we do make our statements through consumer choices, voting, and donating our money to the causes we believe in. I believe the NFL will pay a heavy price from the silent majority of fans. Research the demograph of the NFL fan base and it will be an eye opener.
I concur.

:clap::thumbup::bow::hammer:

Dodger12

Reaction score
I'm trying to be a reformed poster. My last benching cost me 30 days. I'm not down with being benched so I have to care and do what is contrary to my instincts of making political commentary. It ain't easy but I'm able to resist the temptation. What makes it harder is seeing others getting away with doing it. I just have to hope the mods do their jobs by holding others as accountable as they've been with me. Meanwhile, I just shut up about it and eat my popcorn. :):popcorn:

Snitches get stitches.......

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
The NFL should have responded more respectfully to Trump's comments. The NFL has been pushing a liberal agenda for many years now, which has turned off many conservatives... But if they take on Trump, they will lose... They will lose viewers, and it will only help Trump in the long run. This is why TV viewership is at record lows across the board. This is why I haven't watched espn in years...

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
sure.....and I guess so does minorities killing each other at a rate 1000 fold greater than instances of police brutality but possibly that cause isn't pressing enough to make a national movement to address

Police are paid by citizens to protect and serve. When they kill innocent citizens that they are paid to protect that is completely different than citizens committing crimes against each other. Also, many times there is a conviction in murders. Not so much in police shootings. So the general idea of law and order is being disrupted as well.

Hard to imagine how you could conflate the two. There are plenty of movements to stop violent crime etc. Ever here of the million man march?

This is another movement addressing an issue. Minorites have complained about police misconduct for 50+ years. There is now video evidence to back up their claim. You'd think that would make even the most sceptic nieve people not doubt them. Or possibly there are other issues blinding them from the truth.

Reaction score
Police are paid by citizens to protect and serve. When they kill innocent citizens that they are paid to protect that is completely different than citizens committing crimes against each other. Also, many times there is a conviction in murders. Not so much in police shootings. So the general idea of law and order is being disrupted as well.

Hard to imagine how you could conflate the two. There are plenty of movements to stop violent crime etc. Ever here of the million man march?

This is another movement addressing an issue. Minorites have complained about police misconduct for 50+ years. There is now video evidence to back up their claim. You'd think that would make even the most sceptic nieve people not doubt them. Or possibly there are other issues blinding them from the truth.
FYI

- 2016 instances of police killing blacks: 258, decrease of 19% from 2015
**********239 or 93% of those killed were carrying an illegal firearm
- 2016 instances of blacks killing blacks: 2380, increase of 8% from 2015

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-09-29/race-and-homicide-in-america-by-the-numbers
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...by-police-america_us_577da633e4b0c590f7e7fb17

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I'd like to see the NFL develop a month to honor the cause like they have wearing Pink in Oct and Camo in Nov.

Or maybe a permanent remembrance on the helmet or jersey like a black ribbon.

Hopefully as this protest strengthens we'll see more organization and means to exhibit our support bringing more attention and resolve to this protest.

Ya,know Diehard? I could get behind that 'black patch'
If it was grounded in memoriam of the first American killed in the WAR of Independence : Christpus Adkins,,, but if your angled towards flat out distain/ disregard of civil Society then bro!,,, we're of opposites with the clenched fistso_O