TMZ: Ezekiel Elliott Allegedly Punched Man In Nose At Bar - Not Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWR

Reaction score
He better start praying there is some cell phone footage of him defending himself. If he just punched some dude in the face during an argument, he is done.

My guess is 4 games..........what an idiot

Well if we start off slow, there are a bunch of geniuses on this team that will shoulder the blame for that. The suspensions are adding up!

Satchel89

Reaction score
It's irritating that he's even associated with a stupid bar fight but everywhere I'm reading, They are saying he's not mentioned in any Police Reports. We really do have to wait to find out the whole story. Either way, Let's hope McFadden stays healthy.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hard to comment when there seems to be a lack of information just unnamed sources. I will say guys have got to understand who they play for, when you are a member of the Cowboys the lights shine bright on you. With that light can come great opportunities but also comes with pitfalls. Not asking any player to be a saint only hoping players use common sense and understand the situation

Shinaoi

Reaction score
I get that bad and unlucky stuff happen to people who aren't looking to cause trouble. But when you're being investigated for violence, innocent or not, it's best not to be hanging out in clubs. Im not saying I didn't make those same type of dumb choices a few times in my life, but there is a lot riding on his choices.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
? I'm not sure where some of the princesses in this thread have been hanging their boots, but sometimes guys get rowdy in bars and you may have to defend yourself.

In some parts of Texas, this is called a Wednesday.

Add in the fact it's a famous young RB, and I'm not surprised at all some drunk guy tried to start stuff with him.

It's the Texas way...LOL...

I worked with a guy in Florida. He was from Philly, and an Eagles fan. He told me came to Texas to go to college, and his Philly bravado made him walk up to the most popular guy on campus. He mouthed off to him and he woke up 2 days later. Packed his bags, left Texas and never came back. This was back in the 80's. Made his hate for the Cowboys that much more....I asked him for the guys name so I could thank him...LOL...
Actually this Philly fan was a pretty decent guy, good coworker.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
So a platter should be suspended for several incidents combined when they are all unrelated that do not deserve a suspension as a single entity.
Maybe the bouncer started the incident.

Walked into a marijuana shop........so is this legal, if you walked into that shop, would your employer suspend you (if you are not self-employed)

Texted a girlfriend that he would beat an upcoming drug test.......this means nothing, my friends and I joked all the time, when we had to take drug tests for employment, and none of us did or do drugs.

Domestic violence allegations in Ohio......no charges were made and case dropped.

Pulling a girl's shirt down at a Dallas parade......immature act, girl was ok with it, nothing is ever mentioned except on here.

Two car accidents.......and he should be suspended for this, and neither was his fault, and and was a passenger in one of them.

And now a bar fight the week of his meeting in New York with the league office.......can we at least wait until we have some details.

This could suddenly be a much longer suspension......sounds like you want him suspended so you can have something to go on about

ALL a pattern of behavior and hence subject under the code of conduct policy by the league......no one to blame but himself if he's suspended

revospeed

Reaction score
The media will be clutching their pearls and preparing to faint at this. Zeke should be smarter than to put himself in this situation, no doubt. But in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. The media will cover this because it's a hot story that will draw eyes their way, the NFL will suspend him because the media will make this out to be a big deal.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
He's the youngest player in the NFL...and acting like it. If I had millions of dollars given to me when I was 21-- along with the women, fame, and lifestyle that accompanies that-- I would probably act like an !$$clown too.

Unfortunate for sure-- but hopefully this is rock bottom and he wakes up and grows up.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I get that bad and unlucky stuff happen to people who aren't looking to cause trouble. But when you're being investigated for violence, innocent or not, it's best not to be hanging out in clubs. Im not saying I didn't make those same type of dumb choices a few times in my life, but there is a lot riding on his choices.
When you are making the kind of money he's making and are being investigated by the NFl why risk it? At least wait until things calm down.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
yet Dallas PD doesn't have record of an incident

i'll wait til all the facts come out, but on the surface yes, looks bad

6:32 AM PT -- The Dallas PD now says it DOES have a record of an incident at Clutch Bar and it appears to be connected the Ezekiel Elliott investigation.

reddyuta

Reaction score
? I'm not sure where some of the princesses in this thread have been hanging their boots, but sometimes guys get rowdy in bars and you may have to defend yourself.

In some parts of Texas, this is called a Wednesday.

Add in the fact it's a famous young RB, and I'm not surprised at all some drunk guy tried to start stuff with him.
the problem is stuff like these can get him suspended in the present day NFL and thats unacceptable .Zeke has been doing this kind of **** for a while and its getting old.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Meh. Not a big deal. I don't like bars nor alcohol. And everyone knows alcohol makes people lose their inhibitions. But it is part of the social mores of the society itself so how can you criticize someone for something that is legally and socially acceptable? This is something that should be handled internally by the organization.

It's the PC police and their media arm and how big they make this out to be that causes all the issues.

diefree666

Reaction score
6:32 AM PT -- The Dallas PD now says it DOES have a record of an incident at Clutch Bar and it appears to be connected the Ezekiel Elliott investigation.

Incident. Interesting way to put it. Wonder when we will get more from the cops. Because that will tell the tale about how serious this is.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
So a platter should be suspended for several incidents combined when they are all unrelated that do not deserve a suspension as a single entity.
Maybe the bouncer started the incident.

Walked into a marijuana shop........so is this legal, if you walked into that shop, would your employer suspend you (if you are not self-employed)

Texted a girlfriend that he would beat an upcoming drug test.......this means nothing, my friends and I joked all the time, when we had to take drug tests for employment, and none of us did or do drugs.

Domestic violence allegations in Ohio......no charges were made and case dropped.

Pulling a girl's shirt down at a Dallas parade......immature act, girl was ok with it, nothing is ever mentioned except on here.

Two car accidents.......and he should be suspended for this, and neither was his fault, and and was a passenger in one of them.

And now a bar fight the week of his meeting in New York with the league office.......can we at least wait until we have some details.

This could suddenly be a much longer suspension......sounds like you want him suspended so you can have something to go on about
Bold is all its about so some of these people can go on from their 9to5 towers grandstanding about how they are sooooo much more morality than Zeke or whoever else is famous and in most cases making money than them.

rynochop

Reaction score
The thing that concerns me is if the guy was a bouncer, hard to claim self defense. Granted bouncers can be overzealous, but still

Status
Not open for further replies.