TNF-Raiders vs Chiefs

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Part of the reason why KC is so effective is because they run a 3-4.

Tell me some more about how Parcells set us back ten years? Under him and Phillips we had a pass rush.

Under Marinelli and the 4-3 we have complete garbage.

I'll wait.

Parcels changed us to a 3-4 without having the players, he just switched. Then when he started to get the players he quit on the team.
So Jerry goes with Wade to keep the 3-4, and yes the pass rush improved, but the D was not great. It left a lot to be desired IMO. Then Wade goes, and in comes goofball Rob Ryan. Between him and injuries, a disaster.

So then out goes the 3-4 and in comes the 4-3 and we have no players to run it.
And they are still trying to fix it.

So Parcells started it, and Jerry continued it. We are still waiting.

If parcels would have left it alone,maybe it would been much different.
He was as bad for the team as he was good.

There, you didn't have to wait.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
We desperately, desperately need an upper tier (not even elite) 4-3 edge rusher. And right now, they are more rare than upper-echelon QBs.

Mack, Houston and their ilk are 3-4 DE/OLB

And edit -- Gregory, even if he were viable (no herb), is more suited for the 3-4 (OLB)

Not just edge rushers. We need some big 300 pound hogs for the DLine. I just realized about 75% of our DLine rotation is at or under 285. No wonder they get pushed around.

Jack Crawford: 288
DeMarcus Lawrence: 270
Benson Mayowa: 240
Charles Tapper: 271
Tyrone Crawford: 285
David Irving: 273
Maliek Collins: 311
Terrell McClain: 302
Cedric Thornton: 309

That's not a typo, BTW. Mayowa is officially listed at 240. About the same as ME.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Something about Baltimore, to me, just doesn't seem Championship caliber. They've got the horses, so to speak, to make some noise in the playoffs but I just don't think they'll get it done when the chips are down. Hell, they are the kind of team to knock New England out one week in an offensive explosion and put up 12 points the following week against the Raiders.

That's exactly how I see them. They're good enough to beat any team, but I can't see them putting three playoff wins together with their offense.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
We desperately, desperately need an upper tier (not even elite) 4-3 edge rusher. And right now, they are more rare than upper-echelon QBs.

Mack, Houston and their ilk are 3-4 DE/OLB

And edit -- Gregory, even if he were viable (no herb), is more suited for the 3-4 (OLB)
Go take a strong look at the best DEs available in the draft.

There are no 270 lbs. All are edge players, designed to rush against spread offenses in HS and college.

If someone is going to sit around and expect that some perfect studly 4-3 end is going to suddenly materialize, good luck.

The Von Miller prototype is what is coming out. You tailor your defense to that.

KC has three of them. Mack is not your typical studly DE, he plays off of Irvin, another hybrid type.

Our defensive system is too rigid. Either go 3-4 or hybrid.

We are wasting our time if we waiting for the next Simeon Rice.

And even then better have a top 3-T also.