To All Cowboys fans

Pants

Reaction score
Another "woe is me" thread - I'm on board! Since we are dating ourselves, I am 56 and have seen the SBs. We are not winning anything with the ownership and FO set up the way it is - there is no football mind in there, just guys to collect the cash...this is their cutesy little toy to make money, to them, it isn't something that is gauged by wins, by division championships, by playoff success and whether they get to and win a SuperBowl....it is something that is measured by how much $$$ they make at the expense of a die-hard fan base....they were brilliant to see the potential cash flow and take advantage of it

I remember all of the times when I said "at least we aren't the Browns...."

oh, wait, even they are making strides.......

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
I have been a fan since 1963 and the front office continues to insist on using an unsuccessful model while expecting different results. Hope is a terrible strategy.

Fan anger is justified when the solution is obvious to a 3rd grader. Hire a real, credentialed GM with a track record of winning and leave them alone in making all the football decisions. Jerry is a brilliant businessman and thats it. He happens to own the most indestructable brand in pro sports.

Jerry has had a great time the past 22 seasons living like a drunk rockstar, pretending to be a football expert, doing 99% of the interviews, and ensuring that no other NFL team can match the nepotism of the Cowboys. That has been fun for Jerry and family but it has produced the worst 22 year stretch in team history.

Fans are sick of it and I dont have to like that we are the irrelevant laughingstock of the nfl. Bad karma, bad culture, and bad football. Jerrys legacy is his life with call girls and Johnny Walker Blue while the franchise lays in ruins for the 22nd season and counting. As long as Jerry continues to run the team into the ground, every real cowboys fan has the right to be angry about it. Vote with your wallet and stop enabling the Jones cartel.

Excellent post.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
TV ratings and merch sales tell a different story.

I've never understood why any fan cares about that sort of relevancy. Hooray, for Stephen's Trust Fund!

Only six franchises have fewer postseason wins than the Cowboys over the last 22 years. Does that feel relevant to you?

ArtClink

Reaction score
Excellent post.

I think that the angry fans are very much fans. I still care, I want real fundamental changes, and I want to make deep playoff runs. I still hold the Cowboys to a gold standard of excellence. The fans deserve the ownership to try to put the best team together with the best chance of winning championships. Teams in the salary cap era can go 3-13 and make a deep playoff run the next. How? Fire the GM and hire a new head coach. Unfortuntely we are ineligible to change GMs. Til death do us part with the Jones cartel.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
I think that the angry fans are very much fans. I still care, I want real fundamental changes, and I want to make deep playoff runs. I still hold the Cowboys to a gold standard of excellence. The fans deserve the ownership to try to put the best team together with the best chance of winning championships. Teams in the salary cap era can go 3-13 and make a deep playoff run the next. How? Fire the GM and hire a new head coach. Unfortuntely we are ineligible to change GMs. Til death do us part with the Jones cartel.

I could not agree more.

kskboys

Reaction score
I have been a fan since 1963 and the front office continues to insist on using an unsuccessful model while expecting different results. Hope is a terrible strategy.

Fan anger is justified when the solution is obvious to a 3rd grader. Hire a real, credentialed GM with a track record of winning and leave them alone in making all the football decisions. Jerry is a brilliant businessman and thats it. He happens to own the most indestructable brand in pro sports.

Jerry has had a great time the past 22 seasons living like a drunk rockstar, pretending to be a football expert, doing 99% of the interviews, and ensuring that no other NFL team can match the nepotism of the Cowboys. That has been fun for Jerry and family but it has produced the worst 22 year stretch in team history.

Fans are sick of it and I dont have to like that we are the irrelevant laughingstock of the nfl. Bad karma, bad culture, and bad football. Jerrys legacy is his life with call girls and Johnny Walker Blue while the franchise lays in ruins for the 22nd season and counting. As long as Jerry continues to run the team into the ground, every real cowboys fan has the right to be angry about it. Vote with your wallet and stop enabling the Jones cartel.
Excellent post.

This org has been run into the ground.

Thing is, we have some nice pieces. If a competent OC was brought in along w/ someone who could complete the rebuild, we could be good in a year to three. However, the top of the draft littered w/ TE's and WR's and CB's and 3 techs year after year after year isn't going to get us there.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Excellent post.

This org has been run into the ground.

Thing is, we have some nice pieces. If a competent OC was brought in along w/ someone who could complete the rebuild, we could be good in a year to three. However, the top of the draft littered w/ TE's and WR's and CB's and 3 techs year after year after year isn't going to get us there.

Yes we do have some nice pieces. The defense has been really good! However, I contend that you could take a super bowl winning roster and regardless of hc, the team would greatly underachieve due to the Jones culture and football methodology. Even with a great hc (and what great hc would come to Dallas to be Jerry's whipping boy?), the Jerry as GM and phantom hc suffocates talent and produces what we've seen the past 22 seasons. The losing runs deep to the Jones foundation and even the great Bill Parcells couldnt even win a playoff game here. Nothing short of a non-Jones GM will effect real, fundamental change necessary for a deep playoff run. Instead we are stuck with a drunk, fool as gm with no accountibility to any one.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This.
As a Cowboys fan since the beginning, I refuse to let the Jones cartel steal my fandom. And I believe that a huge part of being a fan is demanding excellence even when the fool in the owners box no longer does.

And let me add another cheer for all the Cowboys fans that love the team despite the Jones cartel. Keep calling them out. I know people who say, “Why fight it? Jerry’s gonna own this team and do whatever he wants.” Well, that may be true but that doesn’t mean we have to surrender our dignity and desire for excellence for our team. Stop buying jerseys. Stop buying merch. And if you go to the stayjum, every time a Jones cartel member is visible, boo like your life depends on it.

To quote the great Winston Churchill, “We will never surrender!” LOL! Go Cowboys! We love you. The Jones cartel IS THE PROBLEM.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes we do have some nice pieces. The defense has been really good! However, I contend that you could take a super bowl winning roster and regardless of hc, the team would greatly underachieve due to the Jones culture and football methodology. Even with a great hc (and what great hc would come to Dallas to be Jerry's whipping boy?), the Jerry as GM and phantom hc suffocates talent and produces what we've seen the past 22 seasons. The losing runs deep to the Jones foundation and even the great Bill Parcells couldnt even win a playoff game here. Nothing short of a non-Jones GM will effect real, fundamental change necessary for a deep playoff run. Instead we are stuck with a drunk, fool as gm with no accountibility to any one.
I can hope, but I'm afraid we're simply not going to get there if Jerry is in charge. He simply promotes an atmosphere not conducive to championships.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I can hope, but I'm afraid we're simply not going to get there if Jerry is in charge. He simply promotes an atmosphere not conducive to championships.

Our defense is not really good. It's above average but doesn't force takeaways, can be had against the run and buckles at the wrong times.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I have been a Cowboys fan since I was 5 years old during the mid-1970s. I understand that our beloved team has not been “relevant” for over 20 years but that is what makes this a great situation. Just imagine the feeling once things get turned around and we return to the glory days. I went through it in the 1980s and waited over 10 years for them to win another Super Bowl. I know the feeling and I can’t wait for it to happen again. Please be a little bit more patient and our time will come. So, please support our team especially now when we know that things can only get better. Don’t fall off the wagon because the feeling of raising #6 will be an amazing experience. Have faith and good things happen. Last note before I end this message......

“How About Them Cowboys!!!!!!”

:thumbup::starspin::thumbup::starspin::thumbup::starspin:

Optimism and positivity don't belong on here brudda/sista you know that. Of course the millennials and generation z's have seen zero, glad I ain't feedin on left overs like them. Oh wait, I am feeding on leftovers. To the rich go the spoils lol

Kalyan

Reaction score
Its like a mixes blessing or curse, if some told us in 1989 that we will win 3 super bowls in next 30 years, we all would have accepted that outcome happily hoping we get back to superbowl once every 10 years. Not this way, winning the 3 in first 5 years and Below average teams for the next 25 years and no hope for future right now

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We haven't been irrelevant for 20 years. We had contenting teams in 2007, 2009, 2014, and 2016. On top of being the most watched team in the league during that entire time. You guys let the hate from the rest of the league color your impressions way too much.

Yes, we haven't advance to a championship game in that span, but that's not the metric for relevance. It sucks. I get it. But do you really need to roll over emotionally and play dead? Just turn off the game and go out and throw the football around with your kids if it isn't bringing you any enjoyment. You're not 'holding the team accountable' by just complaining about every little thing and looking for negative ways to interpret every event, interview, or decision. What's the fun in that?

ArtClink

Reaction score
This.
As a Cowboys fan since the beginning, I refuse to let the Jones cartel steal my fandom. And I believe that a huge part of being a fan is demanding excellence even when the fool in the owners box no longer does.

And let me add another cheer for all the Cowboys fans that love the team despite the Jones cartel. Keep calling them out. I know people who say, “Why fight it? Jerry’s gonna own this team and do whatever he wants.” Well, that may be true but that doesn’t mean we have to surrender our dignity and desire for excellence for our team. Stop buying jerseys. Stop buying merch. And if you go to the stayjum, every time a Jones cartel member is visible, boo like your life depends on it.

To quote the great Winston Churchill, “We will never surrender!” LOL! Go Cowboys! We love you. The Jones cartel IS THE PROBLEM.

Very well said.

#fjerry

ArtClink

Reaction score
We haven't been irrelevant for 20 years. We had contenting teams in 2007, 2009, 2014, and 2016. On top of being the most watched team in the league during that entire time. You guys let the hate from the rest of the league color your impressions way too much.

Yes, we haven't advance to a championship game in that span, but that's not the metric for relevance. It sucks. I get it. But do you really need to roll over emotionally and play dead? Just turn off the game and go out and throw the football around with your kids if it isn't bringing you any enjoyment. You're not 'holding the team accountable' by just complaining about every little thing and looking for negative ways to interpret every event, interview, or decision. What's the fun in that?

22 years and no divisional playoff win? Thats the definition of mediocrity. We need to raise the bar of excellence back to where it belongs for a once-storied franchise.

#fjerry

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
22 years and no divisional playoff win? Thats the definition of mediocrity. We need to raise the bar of excellence back to where it belongs for a once-storied franchise.

#fjerry

If your argument were that we’d had no playoff success to speak of during that windo, I’d agree with you. If you’re going to stick with “relevance” or “mediocrity” if innaccurate. The team has been relevant for many of those seasons, especially under Garrett.

ArtClink

Reaction score
If your argument were that we’d had no playoff success to speak of during that windo, I’d agree with you. If you’re going to stick with “relevance” or “mediocrity” if innaccurate. The team has been relevant for many of those seasons, especially under Garrett.

Understood. It was incredibly disappointing to watch the 2007 team be one and done. The 2014 and 2016 teams were good teams but not on par with Aaron Rodgers primarily due to mediocre defenses. But I measure Cowboys success and relavency by playoff wins because thats the measuring stick of excellence.

scottsp

Reaction score
This would be so much easier if it were something we could lay on the staff, or more specifically, Garrett. The dysfunction extends beyond his pay grade.

What once was franchise measured by Lombardis is now gauged by their ability to just be relevant in December.

I’m a patient man. Double-digit wins will never again be the norm here, but I can handle that. Replacing success is the drama, the circus the Joneses prefer. The brand, dominating the news cycle is what matters here.

Fine! I’ll make chicken salad of that. I’m easy on this, because I have to be. It’s either that or find something else.