To all those disappointed with LVE

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
What are you asking?

Linebacker isn't an important position?

Well when you don't have any linebackers and your biggest defensive weakness is linebackers that can cover I think it's valuable.

I agree. Why would anyone say it's a low positional value?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The entire board understands who Bobby Carpenter was. A guy with some skills as a collegiate, but when it came to the pros he could not transcend. His day in the sun was the.day he intercepted Romo several times and for a pick six. Otherwise, he was heralded as he was drafted, but did not deliver.

If I say this is Bobby Carpenter part two, it says I think this guy will not make the leap to the pros, just like Carpenter. But, what I did not do was to write eleven paragraphs on every little detail. There are so many who wax poetic about things when a simple statement would suffice. I can get wordy, but this only needed a comparison.

Now when you say "draftniks," I assume you mean people who have formed their own cottage industry on the back of the NFL. Because if you mean people here who are absorbed in the draft, they are just fans. But truth be told, the draftniks are just fans also. Mel Kiper lived in his mother's basement and studied the draft to become a pro.

However, how the majority of the people on this site we are posting on rip him a new one at every turn, up until he thinks highly of their pet cat?

So pardon me if I had an opinion and addressed is succinctly in a way that you felt was lazy. But know this, I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about my delivery or content. It's just my opinion. And if the time comes where LVE turns into Erlacher, then I will admit I am wrong and enjoy his play. But rest assured, I will not gloat if he turns out to be another Jerry Jones first round bust.

I have watched about all the highlights of this guy on YouTube, and he just doesn't stand out to me.

Dane Brugler characterized the Carpenter comparison as lazy and ignorant. I happen to agree; all you are doing is picking a draft bust and shoehorning him in there.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You’re talking about Earl? Yeah I’d bet dime to dollar we get Earl. Definitely seems to be happening. I was talking about trading up for Derwin
oh man...i am so bummed we did not go up to get Derwin James...when he hit 15 i said go up to 16 or 17 and give them next years #2 along with 19 this year...it would have so so worth it for both parties...and that way we keep all our picks this year....i could not believe it ..unless something is real about a knee injury report?..i doubit it though.....but man if today we could get Earl for our #2 it would be worth it...if we did our defense will be so good with LVE and Earl in back 7 and out killer D line as it is even before we get more players in this draft....now we gotta get a tight end cause Witten is retiring to join MOnday night football

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Boise state players. Kellen Moore, Bumdrick, Ty craw, d law. Other than d law who is a one hit wonder at this point the rest I would have been ok with passing on.

Well, I was specifically referring to Defensive players, so Kellen Moore doesn't count lol. I actually think Ty Craw has actually been a solid player for us. His biggest problem is that his contract is bloated, but he's been solid for us.